anyone know how to get old analogue channels unscrambled??

cheers mate im back out had abcess on my leg but getting better

any way i was reading a thread where a guy mentioned his mate has a resetter trying to find where he might have some more!

the code in my chip wont work in yours clive, {although this is a cheaper and easier resetter to make}

bit of strip board 1inch x 1inch.
16f84 chip +socket.
spring loaded hook.
2 resisters
11 pin white connector with the wires still attached {you will find this inside the cable box}---should cost about £5-£6 quid to build

heres some shitty pictures of 1 i nocked up in 10 minutes to show you, {the 2 resisters and the spring loaded hook i didn't have.

Last edited:
benny59,

Mate I think I've got very similar setup (please see pics) to the one you've posted. I think we've all got something similar but that stopped working recently. We get the channels but most of them are scrambled - only sound.

Apologies if I'm wrong but I thought there was a difference between resetter and these chips.

---------------
Clive's post:-

looks like a real untidy job, its a wonder you havent got wavey lines over the picture on the tv with all those wires bleeding out interference, anyway that said you will find the chip inside the green tape and it looks like you will need it resetting, as i said in my pm i can send you the resetter and detailed instructions with pic's if you want to do it yourself 'cause your going to need to do it in your area and do a little soldering nothing a newbie cant do really. Then when your up and running again you can send me the ressetter back.
----------------

it looks like 1 thats been posted m8, {but i think clives resetter has a pic and eeprom onboard} ie: @spectre, its the mal and pic chip on the resetter thats most important for the hex's but i havent had the b*lls to read these chips incase i feck them up but if you feel confident you can get the hex's then i can send them to you m8 with confidence.

i will post the code in the downloads {wont be anygood to anyone with a pic + eepron on the resetter}.

program the code in the resetter pic kurma, "it still works down my end m8"

i hope your not leaving your chip plugged in all the time khuram, {reset the 93c66 eep in the cable box then take it out m8}-----otherwise it will get zapped.

Blime this thread is getting busy :Smile:

@benny59 and @KhuramG, those pictures you have only look like a tunner and not the resetter. thats probaly why it dont work well with you guys.

So it looks like you all have something similar to what i have but it sounds like its not working for you anymore,
well i know that it still works in Essex 'cause i've lent my old anolog box to my mate who watches it when i take my pace 1000 back for logging (which is also on loan).You dont get as many channels as you used to but that is only because the cc are no longer transmitting some of the channels to make room for the digital channels.

i was also under the impression that jimmyq was going to send me his anolog box to do for him aswell (free of charge).
That way we would know if the trick still works because my old box was modded a few years ago now and since i put the resistor on and lifted the leg of the chip it hasnt needed resetting because the mod to the chips stops the cc zapping your memory chip in the box maybe thats why some of you are only getting sound and no picture.(the mod to the chips is like an anti update).
The pic chip can be left in or taken out after tunning but if you unplug the box you will need it in the box for the first couple of mins to tune in again but you dont need to do anything to the modded chips in the box.

So does anyone have the abuility to get the file from the pic16f84 (which is locked )or can someone send me the programe because i can read these chips but not decode them.
AtmelAce, how about it? :Smile:
And what about the MAL F 93c66 chip i dont even know if that one is locked or not yet.
It looks like we can build them but we need the info on the chips dont we?
I think the resetter only erases the memory in the box and usually only needs to be done once.

Clive out.

clive i will send you two boxes as soon as im back on my feet again you can have a play with em cos i had no joy
thanks mate

My sa analogue tw (8602) box went off some time ago
I could not find a way to fix it, so got a local fella round to sort it.

The device he used was a funny looking thing which had both a
16f84 chip and an eeprom chip (same as what is in my sa box)

he explained that he was resetting the eeprom.

sure enough, he plugged it in like it was a regular chip and bingo
after a short remap all channels were back.

he then did the resister mod and replaced my chip

I lost some channels but it was to be expected.

what are the programs and diagrams I will need to build one of these "Resetters"

any help preiciated.

clive i got this from another forum so there must be a few more of these resetters here and there

sorry guys if i should not have posted this!!!

That sounds more like the baby your sending back to me mate, thats the most important gadget the resetter and you managed to rip the wire off :Laugh:
Did that make you feel bad jimmyq? :Laugh: na only joking mate.

All should be well soon. i feel it in me water. :xmas:

Clive out.

i was well p*ssed off when it happened mate its so small and delicate i did'nt want to risk it
as it is one of a kind and we dont want to damage it now do we

you get the wire back on ill send you the boxes c what you can do

just got a bloody electric shock touched the battery in a ntl 1000 box ooooooww!!

by the way clive we've got alot of response in this thread !

i could of sold the resetter on here LOL

the way the resetter chip works down my end is ,power off the box and plug in the resetter, connect the spring loaded hook upto pin 1 on the 93c66 eeprom, switch power on for a few seconds, power down, take out the resetter {all channels activated for about a week, then it will need redoing again etc etc}

doesn't need any mods done to the box what so ever, ie:bullitt mod or chip {the code still works}

This is what i had on my boxes the messy one had the white wire on the small chip were clive told me to hook the resetter on
and the other one with the small chip on the end just plugs straight in so whats the difference?? in these two

i have an analogue box and almost all channels work (london). only some dont work i think because hey have gone digital. it would be nice tho if a couple of u could make a diyt guide with step by step instructions and pix if possible to makng the resetter and tuner chip witha list of what parts areneeded, preferable once again with product codes from maplins if at all possible.

hope that isnt too much to ask.

what gizmo is used to program the pic and mal chips?

benny59 said:
the way the resetter chip works down my end is ,power off the box and plug in the resetter, connect the spring loaded hook upto pin 1 on the 93c66 eeprom, switch power on for a few seconds, power down, take out the resetter {all channels activated for about a week, then it will need redoing again etc etc}

doesn't need any mods done to the box what so ever, ie:bullitt mod or chip {the code still works}

No it dont work that way, if you do it my way you only have to reset it once then tune in the channels and then mod the chips to stop it going off again, you should have a working box for years then mate, my one is still working after 3 or 4 years now and dont need any fiddling with.

@nawabasif: Thats a good idea as long as we can get the files unlocked from the resetter and tuner chips. (not my strong point i'm afraid maybe someone like AtmelAce could crack it).

@jimmyq: "by the way clive we've got alot of response in this thread !

i could of sold the resetter on here LOL"

Answer: ah yes but if you believe in karma you would do better to give it away for everyone to enjoy :xmas:

As for your pictures earlier mate i cant tell what you have got from them, sorry.

I caught the postman today who looked rather scared of me as i asked for my recorded delivery but he said he hasnt got one and that they are very busy at the depot with the xmas post so maybe i'll get it tommorrow.

Clive out.

originaly posted by clive58.
No it dont work that way, if you do it my way you only have to reset it once then tune in the channels and then mod the chips to stop it going off again, you should have a working box for years then mate, my one is still working after 3 or 4 years now and dont need any fiddling with.

i was refering to the way the resetter chip is used in my area by some people {what do you mean it dont work that way??, "it works for people that want to spend 10 seconds reprograming the 93c66 eeprom without any other modifications done to the box}

done a few anologue boxs in my time m8{still working after 8 or 9 years}and ive never used the resetter chip .

No sorry mate i didn't make myself clear, i meant that the resetter i have dont work that way and not that the way you do it dont work at all, i'm sure it does work your way, sorry if i upset you mate, that was not the intention.

Althogh i would like to try it your way to see if you get any more channels, have you got anymore details on the way you do it benny59?

@jimmyq, i got my equipment back today thanx mate.

Clive out.

@KhuramG, Sorry mate i've lost your address could you PM me it if you still need that equipment.

@riksta, Do you also still need that equipment or has you sister fallen out with you now? :Laugh:

@nawabasif, i might have to send the equipment to KhuramG first ok because he has been waiting for it for a long time.

@jimmyq, are you going to send me your box to do mate?

All this free of charge i must be off my rocker :Laugh:

Clive out.

yes mate i will be sending them to you you should get em by the end of the week (not like last time) LOL
CHEERS!!!

Thats good news you know it want my fault the wires were on the last legs very fragile anyway at leas its sorted :)

Back