Skybox F5 Channels that dont work and how to move those that do (and whats normal on a skybox)

cozzyno1

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all, first an apology if im asking too many questions, im new to the skybox scene and my knowledge is limited, ive had various problem in (tinkering) playing with my F5 skybox and admittedly screwing up settings as I plod along in the dark trying to set it up the way I want. I dont know what (the normal) is in relation to what to expect from the box, so I dont know if im expecting too much from it,

Hopefully the answers provided by those that know, will also help others who are new to the skybox.

I have a few questions which are all sort of linked, but generally they are all to do with channel selection, thus the reason why I started to poke about with the box, so here goes with the story.
I noticed in my favourites menu that I had say Sentana Ireland, Sentana Sports or RTE 1 or RTE 2 showing,(for examples) when I select them nothing happens.

If I go to the main EPG menu and select everything doing a search alpabetically (say under the letter S, many listings appear, but lets look at Sentana ) so multiple listings for Sentana (either Ireland or sports come up) some of these work, and some of these dont. they are all listed with a channel number eg, 101, 102, 103, 104, etc
Is it possible to transfer one of the working channels into my favourates menu so that I have Favourites menu that actually works?

OR is there a channel list out there where everything on it actually works?

In relation to certain channels that had previously been on my system, The RTE channels, that had worked, some of these seemed to have dissapeared, any thoughts on how to retrieve these? they now dont appear in the full EPG listing.

A further question, ive seen Anytime listed in various sections, as well as Box Office, but never seen any of these working!!! Do these ever or actually work?

and NOT QUITE Finally (LOL) when a skybox is purchased and one wishes to set it up from scratch, are the following items required or is anything else required?

a channel list which is installed via usb

a cccam (which i think is software)

the actual line to the server (which is purchased from many suppliers) which I think is added to the cccam software
please remember im new to this and hoping to gain a little knowledge.

Thanks for looking at my posts and for the replys that I hope will follow.

Re: Channels that dont work and how to move those that do (and whats normal on a skyb

Hi all, first an apology if im asking too many questions, im new to the skybox scene and my knowledge is limited, ive had various problem in (tinkering) playing with my F5 skybox and admittedly screwing up settings as I plod along in the dark trying to set it up the way I want. I dont know what (the normal) is in relation to what to expect from the box, so I dont know if im expecting too much from it,

Hopefully the answers provided by those that know, will also help others who are new to the skybox.

I have a few questions which are all sort of linked, but generally they are all to do with channel selection, thus the reason why I started to poke about with the box, so here goes with the story.
I noticed in my favourites menu that I had say Sentana Ireland, Sentana Sports or RTE 1 or RTE 2 showing,(for examples) when I select them nothing happens.

If I go to the main EPG menu and select everything doing a search alpabetically (say under the letter S, many listings appear, but lets look at Sentana ) so multiple listings for Sentana (either Ireland or sports come up) some of these work, and some of these dont. they are all listed with a channel number eg, 101, 102, 103, 104, etc
Is it possible to transfer one of the working channels into my favourates menu so that I have Favourites menu that actually works?

OR is there a channel list out there where everything on it actually works?

In relation to certain channels that had previously been on my system, The RTE channels, that had worked, some of these seemed to have dissapeared, any thoughts on how to retrieve these? they now dont appear in the full EPG listing.

A further question, ive seen Anytime listed in various sections, as well as Box Office, but never seen any of these working!!! Do these ever or actually work?

and NOT QUITE Finally (LOL) when a skybox is purchased and one wishes to set it up from scratch, are the following items required or is anything else required?

a channel list which is installed via usb

a cccam (which i think is software)

the actual line to the server (which is purchased from many suppliers) which I think is added to the cccam software
please remember im new to this and hoping to gain a little knowledge.

Thanks for looking at my posts and for the replys that I hope will follow.

channel list is on ajsat.co.uk but not 101, 102 etc but all channels work D:

Re: Channels that dont work and how to move those that do (and whats normal on a skyb

I have just installed aj's list (i think) will have a look through the channels and check out, just as a by the by ( and this is from memory ) this may have been a different channel list, (not aj's ) ive tried a few of recent trying to resolve problems, but either i couldnt find rte or rte wasnt working, on a second note are ppv events located somewhere within favourites?
and thank you so much for the reply

I have just installed aj's list (i think) will have a look through the channels and check out, just as a by the by ( and this is from memory ) this may have been a different channel list, (not aj's ) ive tried a few of recent trying to resolve problems, but either i couldnt find rte or rte wasnt working, on a second note are ppv events located somewhere within favourites?
and thank you so much for the reply

Not to my knowledge, just box office or sky sports box office

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Back