anyone know how to get old analogue channels unscrambled??

JIMMYQ

DW Regular
Reaction score
hi guys i have a few scientific atlanta modded boxes(eventhough i have the digibox) i left the analogue off for a while when i switched it back on the channels were there :) but they got scrambled after 10 minutes i still have bbc1 2 itv channel four bbc news mtv qvc challenge itv2 and uk style the rest no pic(scrambled) but sound. Is there a tuner of some sort in the box or is there anything else that you guys know of please let me know :Cheers:

i used to do the old analog cable box's before so just answer a few questions first

(1). is it the box with the loop of wire at the back and an old pic 16f84 chip on a bit of printed circuit board with a wire comming from it to a leg of an eeprom chip on the mainboard of the box?

(2). if so is there a resistor soldered to a couple of legs on another chip close by?

if the answer is yes to these then it sounds like you may need it resetting, you do this with a resseter and i still have my old one, just blowing the dust off it now :angelwing :) so pm me if you think i can help you free of charge m8 ok.

here we are clive i hope you can see what you are looking for and please tell me where the chip and resistar is so i know for future reference :Cheers: :)

looks like a real untidy job, its a wonder you havent got wavey lines over the picture on the tv with all those wires bleeding out interference, anyway that said you will find the chip inside the green tape and it looks like you will need it resetting, as i said in my pm i can send you the resetter and detailed instructions with pic's if you want to do it yourself 'cause your going to need to do it in your area and do a little soldering nothing a newbie cant do really. Then when your up and running again you can send me the ressetter back. ok

then cud i borrow it after :) i have 1 box 2 day, my sister keeps complaining :)

no prob clive youre a star i promise to send it back to you mate once ive finished with it .
wish there were more people like you!!!
very helpful!!!!
ill pm you my details
cheers!!!!!

@rickparmar, yes mate i dont use it anymore, it looks like its getting a new lease of life maybe i should call it lazereth or something.

@jimmyq, i'll send you a better chipkit to replace that old thing you have in there m8 i've still got 5 left from the old days. you can do a much neater job aswell.

im not being cheeky clive you can send me a chip(s) cos ive got about ten of em in my family + friends and they are all scrambled so if you wanna just send me a chip or so for mine and instructions how to reset em so i can do theys aswell save me getting em a christmas present lol
ive pmd you my details mate!
cheers!!!

well this is whats behind the green tape clive
also clive put me in the right direction to what they are called and where to get the chips from if thats what i need to do all of em !!!
dont wanna be asking you for too much eventhough youre a star! :)
cheers :Cheers: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap:

@jimmyq, You'll never be a photographer m8 :Laugh:

not the same as that one these chips are the plain old pic 16f84's m8
still if your box aint running anymore you've got nothing to loose have ya m8

i've told rickparmar he can borrow the resetter aswell before you asked to do all the family's boxes so if you do your one then post it to rickparmar and he can send it back to you ok otherwise poor old rick will miss out.

@rickparmar i got the resetter off an old mate i think, no chance of getting another one but maybe this one can be duplicated you only need to read the chips on it and make a printed board and a few resistors etc do you know anyone for that?
the chips are a pic 16f84 and a MAL F, 93c66 6,

no problem clive ill do mine first and then post it to rick so he can do his and then ill get him to post it back to me do a few more and then post it back to you !!!
cheers mate!!

i've only got 5 chips left altho' you could use just one for your lot look below this is what it looks like in and the resetter is the one with the red light on it

looks straight forward ill sus it when i get it did you get my details yesterday?

here's that tutorial i made for you jimmyq
i've been trying to get it checked but no luck so let me know if it comes out your side ok

right clive ive got all the details
if i get stuck ill pm you
let me know when you have posted the resetter mate
cheers!!!!

OK its on its way to you jimmq
ive sent the resetter and two tuning chips one for you and one for rickparmar and two resistors and you should be signing for them tomorrow free of charge ok m8.

"Long live the revolution"

:mexican: :mexican:

Clive out :Wave:

Back