Anyone got theirs yet? TM800HD

well i cannot wait no longer, i just bought a VU+ Duo £375 with a £50 discount code bought from ebay

what an absolute cock up by technomate they are gonna lose alot and i mean alot of reputation now becuase of this. Not even traders like euroksy are going to trust them again

cancelled mine 2 days a go and got a DM 500HD instead, just take too long to wait for TM and no sign of when it going to turn up.

cancelled mine 2 days a go and got a DM 500HD instead, just take too long to wait for TM and no sign of when it going to turn up.

Could you do a little review of this when you get the time taily.

Ahh not good news then, shame like technomate as a brand as well.

Gives one time too test out spiderboxs ccam uber support now ;)

Has the last Technomate balls-up changed peoples minds in to buying a different box?

I got my self a VU+ Duo instead last week best satellite box i ever bought!!!

For those mentioning the tm500hd here, it is far superior to anything from technomate, but of course it is priced just over 300 quid. The processor is better than in the dm800 and support is great. Its a serious piece of hardware running proper images and cams, it isnt in the same bracket as technomate (or spiderbox) it sits with the VU+ Duo and dm800 originals, made for people that want something decent. TBH, I would still choose the VU+ duo, but second choice would be dm500hd. Its just my view and thats biased because I would never consider the overpriced underperforming elusive tm800 -there's better choice for less.

Has the last Technomate balls-up changed peoples minds in to buying a different box?

I got my self a VU+ Duo instead last week best satellite box i ever bought!!!

The VU+ Duo is a nice box alright, and the Dream Elite 1.32 image works very nicely and stable on it, but that's for playing with, isn't it? The novelty wears off after a while though...
When we watch TV here, we use a Spiderbox 9000D and even the wife can use it. :proud:

Last edited:
The VU+ Duo is a nice box alright, and the Dream Elite 1.32 image works very nicely and stable on it, but that's for playing with, isn't it? The novelty wears off after a while though...
When we watch TV here, we use a Spiderbox 9000D and even the wife can use it. :proud:

i can't imagine using a spiderbox as main viewing, biggest issue for me would be no EPG.. also very limited control over channels ordering etc.

the now and next epg is excellent on the spiderbox. the colour scheme is spot on and its fast!

c**am works perfectly with no glitches what so ever. it even tells you the ip of the server and how many hops away it is!

recording is also excellent, when you record a hd channel it doesnt glitch and playback is flawless.

you can set your own favourites, and it has easy channel navigation as well, you can sort a-z, z-a, hd-sd, cas-fta, transponder order and so on.

for the average joe who is gonna watch tele and do nothing else, this is the box he needs. box boots up in seconds unlike enigma 2 which can take several minutes. you cant make it crash it works how its meant to.

i personally think that channel zap time is quicker on the spider box then it is on a dm800hd.

in regards to the epg, all enigma 1 and enigma 2 have only now and next for sky uk. im sure you have to go through a plugin to get 7 days + and so on. imo this is a bit tedious as u cant access full 7 day just by pressing the ok button!

im no way connected to al$at, nor do i have anything to do with them or the spiderbox. some 1 passed me 1 to play with and thought "what a $hit looking box" until i plugged it in and the more i used it the more it grew on me.

the box i had did not come with the "gift" so i cant comment on its stability.

in regards to the epg, all enigma 1 and enigma 2 have only now and next for sky uk. im sure you have to go through a plugin to get 7 days + and so on. imo this is a bit tedious as u cant access full 7 day just by pressing the ok button!

my enigma1 boxes, i press the yellow button twice for a weeks worth of EPG, on my enigma2 boxes, i press the red button twice

i can't imagine using a spiderbox as main viewing, biggest issue for me would be no EPG.. also very limited control over channels ordering etc.

Yes the epg is now and next only which is a shame but thats the way it is.
As for channel ordering it's easy via remote.
There is a new channel editor out soon so it can be done via the pc.
Obviously sorting other issues like cccam213/214 were higher priority than the channel editor at the time.

Anyone let down by the non existent TM800 and has a limited budget will not get a better value/feature packed HD receiver than the Spiderbox.

PM me for a possible discount code for Spiderbox, I may have some lying around still for eurosky.

its not the first m8, and i very much doubt itll be the last

i personally think they have a maximum of 2 weeks to get it sorted, or theyre gonna miss everyone buying them for the world cup, people are even buying crap from B&Q just for free HD channels, cables nearly all changed over

MASSIVE market, opportunity wasted. Someone i know has cancelled their ENTIRE order of the 800s, as they know that by the time theyre released, they wont be able to sell them, then the value will start to drop, then theyre stuck with them

Back