Anyone got theirs yet? TM800HD

for those who want netwrokable HD receivers with the ability to record, i have been assured that i will have something for DW members by the weekend, not from TM, and i dont know myself what it is yet, but it may help some people out

Cool ....send one over and I'll test it by watching it ....when I can get a look in at the tv that is ...even in true digi style I'll cut it open and put it back together again ....lol

Hando

Oh and I'll do a review as well :)

i know of developers who had pre-ordered 6 weeks ago, with a view to getting 'just the hardware' to write images have now abandoned the idea

That is not what I wanted to hear.

This thing is looking dead in the water already.

If it's not released before the VU Solo, then I'll be ammending my order with Eurosky and going for that box instead, I might just do that anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
for those who want netwrokable HD receivers with the ability to record, i have been assured that i will have something for DW members by the weekend, not from TM, and i dont know myself what it is yet, but it may help some people out
Does this mean an image will be loaded and the boxes sent out without the blessing of TM.

Originally Posted by digidude

Does this mean an image will be loaded and the boxes sent out without the blessing of TM.

Digi , my original question was for you.Just so there is no misunderstanding of what i meant(like some) here it is again in even plainer English.

If this s/w you receive is found to be stable , will boxes be released with this software even though TM will not have been involved.

so hopefully some of you should have one of these things in the morning or have they been put back again :grab:

Digi , my original question was for you.Just so there is no misunderstanding of what i meant(like some) here it is again in even plainer English.

If this s/w you receive is found to be stable , will boxes be released with this software even though TM will not have been involved.

I'll explain what Digi posted in plain english as you seemed to misunderstand the post you quoted (and Manis answer was correct)...

Digi was NOT getting new software this weekend from Technomate the company that is holding the orders for the TM800 was offering loan boxes of a different type to anyone that needed a box urgently. (See Wichy's Spiderbox report) Non of the testers are getting sw this weekend, it is being done internally by TM and Digi does NOT work for Technomate.
So the real plain english answer to your question would be...
No

I'm beginning to wonder just what is really going on here.

They say they want to protect their reputation by not releasing a box with incomplete firmware, but the very fact that the box is still not on the market is in itself harming their reputation, much more than if they had released the box with one or two bugs, something that could be worked on after release. I don't think Technomate have quite grasped what the Linux box scene is all about, give us the hardware with the image in it's current state (it can't be that bad, Digidude said it was pretty solid), so why not release it and allow the Linux community to play with the box and quite possibly fix the bugs, it's OpenPli for Gods sake it can't be THAT hard.

Look at the Spiderbox, ok it's not Linux but ignore that fact for now. It was released last year and how many fixes have been released since then? Fooking loads. The Spiderbox team built the hardware, shoved it out the door, got sales then started working on the bugs. Has it ruined their reputation - absolutely not. Machines are released all the time which need patches etc to stabalize the system.

One things is for sure, this world cup there will be far more Spiderbox's sitting below TV than Technomate 800's.

RELEASE THE HARDWARE YOU BASTARDS!

:)

witchy :Clap:

i order mine about 6 week ago and technomate write this on there site ????? As a gesture of goodwill, we would like to offer the first 500 customers* who purchase a TM-800 HD within June 2010, a free Wi-Fi adaptor worth £50. wot about the people that have pre ordered are they having a fooking laugh or wot.

Last edited:
technomate have just emailed me the following : thanks for the email all customers from day one till the end of june 2010 can have free wifi pre ordered or not they will be entitled.

I'm beginning to wonder just what is really going on here.

They say they want to protect their reputation by not releasing a box with incomplete firmware, but the very fact that the box is still not on the market is in itself harming their reputation, much more than if they had released the box with one or two bugs, something that could be worked on after release. I don't think Technomate have quite grasped what the Linux box scene is all about, give us the hardware with the image in it's current state (it can't be that bad, Digidude said it was pretty solid), so why not release it and allow the Linux community to play with the box and quite possibly fix the bugs, it's OpenPli for Gods sake it can't be THAT hard.

Look at the Spiderbox, ok it's not Linux but ignore that fact for now. It was released last year and how many fixes have been released since then? Fooking loads. The Spiderbox team built the hardware, shoved it out the door, got sales then started working on the bugs. Has it ruined their reputation - absolutely not. Machines are released all the time which need patches etc to stabalize the system.

One things is for sure, this world cup there will be far more Spiderbox's sitting below TV than Technomate 800's.

RELEASE THE HARDWARE YOU BASTARDS!

:)

- The Linux hobbyist community, "Open-Source" etc...doesnt exactly work that way, the big teams out there, EDG-Nemesis (DreamElite), Pli, Gemini etc...dont work for free . Even with the TM800 hardware released,...dont expect any decent images unless you pay the big teams to support/develop for your hardware...

- if your expecting to rely on UR TEAM /ITFATE or technmate themselves etc etc...trying to self modify a open source Pli-mage to work on the box... somehow dont see it going very well..considering they dont seem to very proactive in fixing the CCAM issues and widescreen display issues on the TM500 and TM 600 devices...

- There might be some Linux hobbyists and skilled people out there willing to have a play with open-pli on the TM800 once they have the hardware...but this will take time...and it's not exactly Support is it...

- Spiderbox is slightly different, this is a closed source box, BUT big difference is there seems to be a dedicated support team with a good record of fixing and ironing out bugs, so the support appears to be good...

- Dream support is very good, they obviously have an intrest in the development teams out there behind the scenes to ensure they have good software support.

Agreed mate, but IMO the box should have been released first, if only to catch the World Cup sales and Cable to Satellite newcomers.

If it switches on, doesn't crash every 10 minutes and can card share then I reckon most people will be more than happy with that. This would keep the buyers happy, make profits for TM and limit the damage done to their reputation.

Fixes could be released in time.

As it stands just now, they've got to be a bit of a laughing stock and other manufacturers are loving it.

I think technomate should release the box so more people can help with developing/bug testing the software i bet there is not more the 10 boxes/samples in developers hands so work will be very slow!!!!!!!!!!!

With spiderbox new CCcam Fix 2.13-.2.14 i think technomate is going to struggle to get sales and support NOW!!!!!!!!

With spiderbox new CCcam Fix 2.13-.2.14 i think technomate is going to struggle to get sales and support NOW!!!!!!!!

but what about people who dont use cccam? wont make a blind bit of difference to those

Back