Anyone got theirs yet? TM800HD

Witchy m8, if you want a loan motorised sat receiver or even just a sky one for FTA channels, let me know m8, ill chuck one in the post tomorrow for you

Cheers mate, I'll have your DM8000 ;)

Cheers mate, I'll have your DM8000 ;)

even if you turned up in person, wearing your pink heels, with your special red 'teabagging' lipstick on m8, i havent got a DM8000 lol, i like my sat receivers, but a grand for one, id want it to have a built in fleshlight for that price lmfao

it would be like comparing battery and diesel milk floats. one has more power under the hood, one gets from A-B faster, one may be able to carry more milk than the other, one is a LOT easier to drive, but no matter which one you choose as your supplier, you end up with the same milk (for those who dont get my warped mind, even i dont half the time lol, no matter which one, you still end up watching pictures)

Holy fook.

That's the worst anology I've ever seen!

Diesel milk floats?!?

:)

i personally wont be in a position to buy a tm800 for atleast another month but all of this is putting me right off.
i guess i better start apologising to bobi... LOL
i hope its worth the wait for you muckers.

Last edited:
If the VU+ Solo was available I'd be skipping straight to that. :)

Anyone got a release date or any info on the Solo?

Yup.

I feel for the people sitting with warehouses full of them waiting to be shipped to customers, not knowing when they'll be able to offload them. So close, yet so far.

What I'd like to know is, a certain shipment was delayed by a day due to an error on the part of the courier. Let's imagine that the delay didn't happen, the boxes would have been shipped to customers 1 day before Technomate announced the postponement.

What would they have done then?

cancelled mine im afraid, not too fussed about waiting tbh whats put me off is the fact tm are advetising it as "open source" but its just another itgate jobby
only a hand full of coders working on it(IF THAT) and nothing for joe public to play with and no reply to anything, hardware may be great but they dropped one with the software, itl be a case of always "waiting" for the next bug fix

vu+ it is for me i think

cheers

osborne82

cancelled mine im afraid, not too fussed about waiting tbh whats put me off is the fact tm are advetising it as "open source" but its just another itgate jobby
only a hand full of coders working on it(IF THAT) and nothing for joe public to play with and no reply to anything, hardware may be great but they dropped one with the software, itl be a case of always "waiting" for the next bug fix

vu+ it is for me i think

cheers

osborne82

I did the same mate got my VU+ Duo 3 days ago very very good box worth the extra cash if you can stretch to it.

Great support to around the web with some good images and plugins the way to go.

yes they do......a part they lieng to Traders ..( telling them they are only Holesales )They have open their own web...T ...Direct....online.

Yes just saw that now, how come it's cheaper on ebay lol
TM direct TM500 £79 del
Ebay TM500 £75 del

TM direct TM600 £99 del
Ebay £88 del

Strange how they are getting under cut lol

No sign of any TM800/8000 on there?

Yup.

Let's imagine that the delay didn't happen, the boxes would have been shipped to customers 1 day before Technomate announced the postponement.

That will be the inbuilt Flux Capacitor.

A fook up by Citylink meant everything for members from DW who have contacted myself, was delayed by ~24 hours, otherwise all 10 who pre-ordered would have had them ~12 hours before the stop was put on the release. From what i have heard, less than half a dozen from one other company 'may' have been shipped out early on wednesday.

While the stresses of this on companies and customers will be unsettling, i can in a way understand where TM are coming from, especially after they got burnt with the release of the 9100 too early.

In my mind, they have about 2-3 week MAXIMUM to recover from this, or lose their place in the linux HD market completley, as at the moment, the public is buying HD boxes from anywhere they can for 2 reasons, the world cup, and cable going to N3. once the footy starts, sales will drop, and within a few weeks of the whole country cable network changing to N3, everyone who wants to change to satellite, will have done, the market will be close to saturated, and sales of everything will drop

on TM side of things, they dont want to release 'another' lemon (like the 9100) but waiting untill the 11th hour to discover this wont do any favours, but, at the same time, an enigma2 image is 64Mb compared to 8Mb for an E1 image, thats 8 times more code to trawl through to sort things out

while im happy with a receiver that may crash or whatever (which for me, the tm800 now doesnt) its not my main viewing (or the kids viewing should i say lol) so even if there was issues with it, it wouldnt really affect me hugely

other than saying that as soon as the software is deemed ready, the hardware will be released, but i dont know when that will be, theres not really much i can add to this. i know of developers who had pre-ordered 6 weeks ago, with a view to getting 'just the hardware' to write images have now abandoned the idea

i guess all i can add is

'COMING SOON'

:)

Do both new TM machines come with a Brucie Bonus?

theres been talk that the patch for the 8000 could also include some form of gift, as part of the actual patch, not as an extra
when i know more, youll know ;)

Any news on this?

the tm800 is an E2 linux receiver, the tm8000 is closed source, so theyre totally different m8

" i know of developers who had pre-ordered 6 weeks ago, with a view to getting 'just the hardware' to write images have now abandoned the idea"

For me this seems a worry ....I was hoping that a few developers/image makers would get onboard .....

I have moved from cable to sat and yes I want the hd for the footie so fingers crossed and hope a decent box is released in time.....I really don't want a clone ....I really don't want a clone ....I really.......

Hando

for those who want netwrokable HD receivers with the ability to record, i have been assured that i will have something for DW members by the weekend, not from TM, and i dont know myself what it is yet, but it may help some people out

Back