Anyone got theirs yet? TM800HD

Thought you would of gone for th VU+Duo?

I never watch the telly mate, I've got no need for twin tuners.

Depends on the price of the Solo, if there is not much difference then I'll just go for the Duo, but if I can save around £100 then it'll be the solo.

I never watch the telly mate, I've got no need for twin tuners.

Depends on the price of the Solo, if there is not much difference then I'll just go for the Duo, but if I can save around £100 then it'll be the solo.

Same as that lol, don't think any of us really watch it.

Anyway price of VU+ Single will be £299.

Same as that lol, don't think any of us really watch it.

Anyway price of VU+ Single will be £299.

Solo it is then :)

We should have a Poll to see if ANY of us actually watch the blimmin things.

Honestly, it must be atleast 3 - 4 years since I last sat down and watched a movie on Sky or any other provider, I'll maybe have a quick shuffle through the euro-filth late at night, but that's about it.

lol

Witchys missus is gonna cut his balls off :(

Dear Digi,

We want to let you know that your order ******** is unfortunatley still being processed. We today received our order of TM800HD receivers, and at the moment every receiver is a 'blank'. This means there is no image or operating system installed on the receiver. Upon contacting technomate to question them about installing an image prior to dispatch, or to upload an image to our website for our customers to download and install themselfs. We were ORDERED not to dispatch a single unit out of our distribution center, untill further notice, pending testing results of a final image, which could be tonight, but could also be up to 48 hours away.

While this will be another disappointment for our waiting customers, who have seen the release date for this receiver moved so many times, it is more fustrating for us as we have receivers here that we would like nothing more than to get them on their way to you, our eager customers, who have already paid for their product in full, some as long as 2 months ago.

Upon explaining that some of our customers are actual image developers for some of the dreambox teams out there, who may be able to help with this final testing phase, we were again told that untill we are given the clear to release the receivers, with a satisfactory image, that we are in no uncertain terms to release a single unit.

In over a decade of business, we have never found ourselfs in a position such as this, where we are forced to fail to deliver on a promise to our customers, Eurosky prides itself as being a company that often goes above and beyond what customers expect from a small company, and even though this is beyond our control, it is still a huge embarrassment that will reflect upon our reputation for some time to come.

In light of this, and due to the fact that once again we have no 101% set date on when we can release a receiver to you, even though they are finally here, we fully understand if you would like a refund of monies paid to pre order your receiver.

If you would still like to await delivery of your receiver, you can rest assured that they are here ready for immediate dispatch as soon as the software is given the all clear.

As an alternative to a TM800HD if you would like to get straight into HD TV, and as a gesture of our apologies, we can offer customers who have pre ordered a TM800HD a ************************************************** ********************************, with the difference of £62.10 refunded to your paypal account or credit / debit card. If you would like to accept this offer, please reply to this email, and you will have my personal guarantee that it will be dispatched ASAP

If you have any further questions about your order, send an email to ************** or simply reply to this message.

Once again, please accept my deepest apologies

The scarlet pimpernell lol
Digidude, I feel sorry for you mate as you are an 100% honest guy.
Someone at TM needs their asses kicked.

Maybe others will now look at other receivers instead like VU+Duo/Spider/DM800 theres plenty HD about tried and tested.

im just the puppet in the middle m8 lol

while i can see both sides, TM done want a repeat of the 9100, and customers want a working receiver and they want it now, i also see the other side of both sides, customers who are friends who have paid money out for a receiver they are having to wait for, and suppliers facing the possibilities of paying thousands of pounds in refunds after already having bought the hardware from TM

with me on here, itll just turn to 'another digi story' when 'another' release date is posted, but in the real world, members have paid out £250, which is a lt of money in anyones eyes, for a receiver which they still havent got, and suppliers now sitting on thousands of pounds worth of stock, that they are ordered not to sell

its not going to to the suppliers, or technomates reputations any good, but at the same time, if the receiver is released and the software is total shite, is that worse??

Rock and a hard place spring to mind lol, as do a few other choice sayings lmao :Cheers:

No your fault mate. I have opted for the replacement and part refund. Could be wating awhile.

So bobi lets see how your 9000HD box does :)

also @ bobi

I am getting this box for some one else. If the gift is enabled is that just paired to the box?

No your fault mate. I have opted for the replacement and part refund. Could be wating awhile.

So bobi lets see how your 9000HD box does :)

also @ bobi

I am getting this box for some one else. If the gift is enabled is that just paired to the box?

Paired to the box, works where ever the box is.
Remember it is can be a little glitchy I have been told on 213 and 214 is useless at the moment.

i have tested 213 anf been ok. 214 uesless. Anything below 213 is good.

Any help setting up give me a shout. Takes 10 mins.

Like I said in another post somewhere; after speaking to them on the phone today about a different subject, I found them really nice, helpfull and freindly.
I have Absolutely NO problems leaving my money with them, unlike "other" online companies I trust Eurosky to deliver at the end of the day and i'm patient enough to wait for my 1st open linux box. At the end of the day I beleive Technomate want to ensure they get the right product out on the market, I respect that.

That guy who's gonna get his arse kicked from his wife [toalie???]... I have an old digital Force here somewhere; if you pay the postage I'll send you it so your wife can watch the telly

Last edited:
i have a freeview box ill danate to the witchys nads fund

unless we all chip in for a webcam streaming service for him, and all watch Mrs W kick the $hit out of him for making her miss the soaps lmao ;)

Like I said in another post somewhere; after speaking to them on the phone today about a different subject, I found them really nice, helpfull and freindly.
I have Absolutely NO problems leaving my money with them, unlike "other" online companies I trust Eurosky to deliver at the end of the day and i'm patient enough to wait for my 1st open linux box. At the end of the day I beleive Technomate want to ensure they get the right product out on the market, I respect that.

That guy who's gonna get his arse kicked from his wife [Witchy???]... I have an old digital Force here somewhere; if you pay the postage I'll send you it so your wife can watch the telly

I 2nd that mate. I have spoke to him twice and he couldnt be nicer.

Hi guys

Thanks for the updates !

Digi the tm-800 you got now, how good is the current software ?

How stable is cccam etc ?

What areas of the software isn't stable you think ?

Can we get pictures of the Spiderbox next to the TM800 ? :proud:

Cheers

Euroskys offer of the replacement box plus cash refund is a good offer and very tempting, but I just know for sure I'll be bored shitless with it after a few days. I do intend getting one anyway just to see what all the hype is about, but not today.

I paid for a TM800 before it was released knowing full well that there may be further delays, I'll just need to be a little more patient. Top marks to EuroSky for the detailed and honest email.

I've got the wife and kids watching BBCi Player in the meantime. ;)

Thanks for the offers of the freeview boxes, but I've got too many old sat boxes lying around the house as it is, if I took any more then I really would loose my nads.

:)

Witchy m8, if you want a loan motorised sat receiver or even just a sky one for FTA channels, let me know m8, ill chuck one in the post tomorrow for you

Hi guys

Thanks for the updates !

Digi the tm-800 you got now, how good is the current software ?

How stable is cccam etc ?

What areas of the software isn't stable you think ?

Can we get pictures of the Spiderbox next to the TM800 ? :proud:

Cheers

ive only had a quick play with cccam, but it seems fine m8, mgcamd works perfectly. theres one or 2 bits of the software that i can force the box to crash with certain key presses, but this is not something that would be done in everyday use, remember, i try my best to kill a box, with the intention of restoring it in the easiest way possible

when i first got the receiver, i took it out of the box, and took it apart, put it all back together, and 45 mins later, it was a useless brick. now while this is what i enjoy doing, its at this point, when you realise that youre the only one with this box, and theres ZERO help out there, that you start to think 'oops, maybe i shouldnt try so hard to kill it' then you have to find a way to fix it, on your own, and since doinf this, but before releasing my guide, i was getting calls from testers via msn from the UK and europe who had done the same thing, but couldnt fix it

IMHO theres one or 2 little 'glitches' in the image, not bugs as such, but im not the one with the final say, its not my companies reputation on the line, so while its an honour for what i do to be recognised, at the end of it all, im just an everyday joe who has a few extra benefits

and i could take a photo, but, for what reason? i own both boxes, i have access to vast numbers of both boxes. to compare them wouldnt really be fair, due to the way they work,

it would be like comparing battery and diesel milk floats. one has more power under the hood, one gets from A-B faster, one may be able to carry more milk than the other, one is a LOT easier to drive, but no matter which one you choose as your supplier, you end up with the same milk (for those who dont get my warped mind, even i dont half the time lol, no matter which one, you still end up watching pictures)

Back