any1 got this satellite meter

just been thinking and i know this sat meter powers the lnb and its meant to be plugged straight into the lnb, but has anyone who has got it tried plugging it into the motor ? where you would plug the reciever, then plug lead from motor to lnb as you normal would, just wondered if you could do that and if you have your channels already in the sat meter if it moved the dish for you, or is thast me expecting abit too much ? thanks

it wont drive the motor,as sat positions are not in the meter(and battery would not be up to it)but you could plug it into the reciever outlet on the motor if you wished it will still power the lnb.

I'm negotiating with a little man in China for a 'MF-1900' which I'm sure is exactly the same as a 'First Strike FS-1'.

Yes ,they seem to be the same meter .
I wonder if the WS-6906 is as good as the First Strike FS-1.

Yes ,they seem to be the same meter .
I wonder if the WS-6906 is as good as the First Strike FS-1.

I gave up with the deliberation and ordered the 6906 from Satfools. Am awaiting delivery and lookin forward to it - think it will do everything I need it to

just a quick question, not really about the sat meter, when you are plugging in or unplugging the lead from a lnb and its connected straight to the reciever does the reciever have to be turned off ? or can it just be left on ? as what im thinking of doing is leaving the recicver plugged into the motor so it has power then when ive got the sat meter plugged into the lnb i will be able to manually move the motor so i can test other satellites, then at the end of it unplug the sat meter from the lnb and plug the lead straight into the lnb, be better if i dint have to get down the ladder to turn the reciever off before plugging it back into the lnb, hoipe that makes sense lol, thanks

just a quick question, not really about the sat meter, when you are plugging in or unplugging the lead from a lnb and its connected straight to the reciever does the reciever have to be turned off ? or can it just be left on ? as what im thinking of doing is leaving the recicver plugged into the motor so it has power then when ive got the sat meter plugged into the lnb i will be able to manually move the motor so i can test other satellites, then at the end of it unplug the sat meter from the lnb and plug the lead straight into the lnb, be better if i dint have to get down the ladder to turn the reciever off before plugging it back into the lnb, hoipe that makes sense lol, thanks

i always make sure the stb/meter is off when connecting the coax lead. regards mdt

If any1 has ordered 1 of these from satfools this week,you will be getting an email telling you that there is a delay as his shipment from HK hasn't arrived yet - will be next week b4 he ships.Just got the message....bah!!!!

If you setup with usals accurately you can drive the motor to your target sat with the stb then turn it off,then use the meter to align your motor/dish assembly and re-connect the lnb to the motor without haveing to come back down.if your pole is 100% plumb,the dish 100% central on the motor spigot,your correct lat on the motor and correct lat/long in the box there will be no need to check the other sats with the meter as they will all fall into place automatically.if you are worried about reception from a particular sat use that as your target you dont have to use your south facing sat to set up on its just a bit easier to find it.

Last edited:
If any1 has ordered 1 of these from satfools this week,you will be getting an email telling you that there is a delay as his shipment from HK hasn't arrived yet - will be next week b4 he ships.Just got the message....bah!!!!

yep ive just had the same message, hes offered me a full refund but i dont think anywhere else comes close to that price does it ?

Nah, think the guy should be given a chance.He's gonna be swamped at that price!! from what we've heard on here he's good for it. I'm still awaiting stuff from abroad so i ain't gonna panic.At least he offered an explanation and a refund if required - most would just not reply for ages

you said youve just bought one , did you get it from satfools ? if so were they ok ?
iv just bought a second hand wolsley mk2 works well
the only trouble is i cant turn it off any one have any ideas please
and any one know wher i can find a user manuel

reg

yep ive just had the same message, hes offered me a full refund but i dont think anywhere else comes close to that price does it ?

There are a few on Alibaba Express a bit cheaper but then you may have issues with customs and warranty .

iv just bought a second hand wolsley mk2 works well
the only trouble is i cant turn it off any one have any ideas please
and any one know wher i can find a user manuel

reg

try pressing the middle up arrow button, regards mdt

Nah, think the guy should be given a chance.He's gonna be swamped at that price!! from what we've heard on here he's good for it. I'm still awaiting stuff from abroad so i ain't gonna panic.At least he offered an explanation and a refund if required - most would just not reply for ages

yeah thats true mate, i want trying to knock the guy or anything like that, was just thinking about trying to get it abit quicker, got a guy proper nagging me to install his dish but i want to wait for my new toy lol, but yeah im very happy with the way satfools has explained everything, and he hasnt waited either, looks like as soon as he has got the information hes passed it on to his customers, il be waiting for them to be hoenst just when i first read it thought id see if anyone knew anywhere to get it for the same price,
found this while i was having a little search around, thought id share it with you , looks good, thanks

YouTube - satlink WS 6906

Looks good yeah? Bit bigger than I thought tho!! Just goin back to what others have said - it wouldn't do you any harm to have a standard meter as well.For instance if someone asked me to set them up for Freesat, I probably wouldn't even get my expensive meter out of its wallet,the little 1 would have it set in minutes.I can see that they come into their own on more techie setups.
Just remember that its Easter weekend comin up,so if it's not arrived by Thursday..............

"dilly1066" further to your post #26 in this thread I forgot the obvious answer,if you fit a twin lnb you can have one side wired up to your stb via the motor and use the spare on your meter.

Looks good yeah? Bit bigger than I thought tho!! Just goin back to what others have said - it wouldn't do you any harm to have a standard meter as well.For instance if someone asked me to set them up for Freesat, I probably wouldn't even get my expensive meter out of its wallet,the little 1 would have it set in minutes.I can see that they come into their own on more techie setups.
Just remember that its Easter weekend comin up,so if it's not arrived by Thursday..............

yeah ive got to admit when i saw that video the sat meter was bit bigger than i thought, but still looks great, forgot bout easter weekend, really hope guy gets them on monday so hopefully we have it before easter weekend,

"dilly1066" further to your post #26 in this thread I forgot the obvious answer,if you fit a twin lnb you can have one side wired up to your stb via the motor and use the spare on your meter.

arr yeah, i never thought of that mate, is a good idea thanks mate,

Back