any1 got this satellite meter

JTH has a wee one so Jan says :banana:

Thats a very good price for that meter m8-dont know if uve checked but its 118 with deliv.Im looking for 1 myself as Im about 2 embark on a 16 lnb fixed setup with switching.Gonna adapt my dish so that i got full adjustment for each lnb i.e: height,angle etc., so need a meter that will help me adjust to the max.If ur just setting up 1xlnb then its a bit over the top,as said just use a cheap 1-mines really good but very basic.The better meters will allow u to connect 2 ur lnb/s without having to connect to the reciever/s which is a big plus for me.Not sure about the channel viewing on the meter,seems pointless but if its part of it then what the hell.I'm negotiating with a little man in China for a 'MF-1900' which I'm sure is exactly the same as a 'First Strike FS-1'. This will give me all I need tho u cant watch telly on it! Wonder if any1 else has bought from this Satfools place as their prices do seem really good

Certainly looks very well specced for the price.
I'm tempted to get one ,would be a nice toy to play with.

hiya, just wondering if anyone has got the following satellite finder ? looks and sounds really good for the money, if anyones got one could they give abit of a review please ? thanks

SatLink WS6906 Digital Satellite Meter & Finder - Satfool Deals

**** i bought that exact meter about 6 months ago for 189, it has come in handy as it powers the lnb saving loads of hassle, only thing is you cant tweak individual transponders with it but still worth having

just bought one and for the price its great.I"v spent the day setting it up.
once youve got past the instructions youll be ok.initially I started to scan all the sats in using a dish that was already set up but that maxes the memory out quickly so I just entered a couple of active TPs for each of the main sats and scanned those after doing a factory default re-set and that sorted it out.you dont have to scan the sats to use it as all you need do is enter a known active TP and using the info button that brings up the signal bars and just use those to find the sat but of course you get no picture that way,it comes with mains charger,car charger and all the leads youll need except fly lead to the dish.

once youve got past the instructions youll be ok.initially I started to scan all the sats in using a dish that was already set up but that maxes the memory out quickly so I just entered a couple of active TPs for each of the main sats and scanned those after doing a factory default re-set and that sorted it out.you dont have to scan the sats to use it as all you need do is enter a known active TP and using the info button that brings up the signal bars and just use those to find the sat but of course you get no picture that way,it comes with mains charger,car charger and all the leads youll need except fly lead to the dish.

Sorry dick, I meant to point the OP to the thread I started earlier where you gave me the link to the info for this meter.Yes I am very tempted and the price is good.I'm torn between this and the 1 I mentioned earlier

ive got a cheapo one at the minute, which is ok but much prefer this, when i first started doing moving dishes etc, i used to have the reciever outside with a portable tv, used to use the sat finder on the reciever, scan channels etc, used to be great but alot of hassle lol, this seems that same way but in a tiny hand held sat meter, im very tempted, have a motorised system to set up later this week, will always come in handy for me this and i love new toys to play with lol, thanks

you said youve just bought one , did you get it from satfools ? if so were they ok ?

Dilly satfools are reliable mate - you shouldnt have any problems. The owner used to post on this site but havenyt seen him about for a wee while - still active on other forums.

Satfools currently sold out. More in stock either 13th or 15th. :-(

thanks guys, ive ordered biut it dint say it was out of stock when i ordered, but he did email me saying he couldnt update the site quick enough as there selling like mad at the minute, should hopefully be able to send it out to me on wednesday but if not definately friday,
people who have got them have you had to update the firmware on them ? if so was it easy enough to do and where did you get the firmware form ? thanks

I think you can update from the satlink site but I havent bothered as you can add/delete sats and transponders yourself and its easy to do.
I"ve programmed 14 sats into mine covering 42E to 30W and put a couple of transponders in each via"add channels" but they supply a rs232/usb lead if you want to update via computer.

So you would put in info for a couple of sponders per sat and then use the signal from those sponders to align/tweak ur dish/lnb ?

yes thats it,for the main sats Ive put an H & a V polarity in using my already setup motorised dish although as said earlier you dont have to scan channels in 1st but it will make it easier when your setting up a dish as you get sound and vision that way as well as the signal bars.you just press the SAT button scroll to the sat you want>OK scroll to a channel >OK then press info.to bring up the signal bars with the vision in the background once you have found the sat by moving the dish around.you can use it without scanning in channels but it confirms you are getting what you want if you do.

ps the translation of the instructions can be a bit confusing

Ah I think thats just about swung it for me,it sounds just what I need.That 1 of urs is clever if it can print out the info for you pmsl. Thanx for takin the time to explain that-although the broken english is entertaining!!

Just out of curiousity ,there seem to be a good few of these available on Alibaba Express.

Just out of curiousity ,there seem to be a good few of these available on Alibaba Express.

I think youll find a new model has superceded the ws-6906 thats why they are now available at a cut price they were over £215 from satlink originally and still £172(inc vat) on their discount site

Back