any1 got this satellite meter

Just got a mail to say mine has been shipped. Cool. Will be playing over easter.

just ordered mine, and awaiting delivery.:banana:

in my email it said shortly you will get an url to click on so you can track your item, has anybody had theres yet ? im wondering if they just said it was shipped as they was expecting it to be shipped today, only reason im thinking this is on saturday i got an email saying the delivery did not turn up and dhl i think it was he said dont do saturday deliverys to his island, so i wunt think he would of been able to ship them sunday which is when i got my email at 10pm, not trying to knock anyone or anything like that im just trying to work out realisticly if we will get them for easter, hope im wrong as would love it before easter, thanks

Yeah i was a bit dubious when u guys said u had an email on sunday sayin they had been shipped (sunday shipping????),got mine early monday morn.as yet i have not received the tracking URL so looks unlikely pre-easter - thats if they have been posted at all......hope so

Yeah i was a bit dubious when u guys said u had an email on sunday sayin they had been shipped (sunday shipping????),got mine early monday morn.as yet i have not received the tracking URL so looks unlikely pre-easter - thats if they have been posted at all......hope so

i decided to email the guy, he replied saying "it has been shipped yesterday" bit short compared to his other emails but hopefully it did get sent monday, not alot we can do really but wait, hopefully it will be here before easter

when I bought mine he said it was shipped on a thursday and I got it by royal mail on the saturday so that was only 3 days inclusive.(I never got the tracking number either)but I think you will find that he is ok,if there is any hold up it will be royal mail.

He wont let you down guys very good service from satfools.

Yippee my sat meter has arrived, had 2 different posts today for sum reason, post came at half 9 ish as usually but no sat meter so was hoping for it tomorrow, then bout 10 minutes ago was just about to go out and post van popped up, so big play day tomorrow,

Got mine too ~ After playing around with it connected to the spare connection on my LNB, first impressions are good. There does not seen to be any means of inputting you local longitude for west locations. As I am around 4 west the azimuth reading is wrong, so it appears that the longitude default is east with no option for west. Anyone else noticed this ?

Got mine as well. Now I need to work out what I am supposed to do with it.

Got mine too ~ After playing around with it connected to the spare connection on my LNB, first impressions are good. There does not seen to be any means of inputting you local longitude for west locations. As I am around 4 west the azimuth reading is wrong, so it appears that the longitude default is east with no option for west. Anyone else noticed this ?

yes mate It appears to only accept positive positions ie:north/east ones.I live just off the meridian so the error is not great if I leave 00.00 in the longitude slot,but its not a feature I would use as dishpointer.com gives everything I need.

yes mate It appears to only accept positive positions ie:north/east ones.I live just off the meridian so the error is not great if I leave 00.00 in the longitude slot,but its not a feature I would use as dishpointer.com gives everything I need.

Seems to apply to satellite longitude also !

Basically it’s a satellite receiver and miniature screen rolled up together. The menu driven screen display is tiny and you need to have been to Specsavers to read what is there. The local input for latitude & longitude as well as the satellite locations, have no east/west option, so the solution for azimuth and elevation is always going to be wrong if you live west of Greenwich or south of the equator. (or vice versa). I’m not sure that it will drive a dish motor from the battery pack, & the manual is unclear whether you can or can’t do this using Diseqc 1.2 , However, the screen display and sound for the live channel is really good and very useful for setting up a multi-satellite system. It’s a nice toy for the price and I’m glad that I have one !:banana:

i set up a full motorised satellite system from scratch today, after a few teething problems with my satellite meter everything went great, it was just getting the hang of things, at one point i got a great signal on nilesat lol, scanned it and it was sky uk channels i think, not sure how that happened, but got frequency of bbc world news for thor as thats my due south satellite, so i have stored that channel in the meter, press info button and it brings like a sat finder page up like your proper reciever would with signal strength, signal quality and the ber, got it lined up with bbc world news, then went onto 28.2 with it and sat on ladder watching snooker for abit lol, great little picture i think, overall really happy with it, probably could do more then i can do with it at minute aswell, thanks

First impression I have with mine is that I now need to get a pair of specs. The font size is so small, I am having difficulty reading much on the screen, especially in bright sunlight. It might be better if I play with it in the dark. LOL.

Back