any1 got this satellite meter

can you add your own tps into the meter say if doing a motorised start at thor they say but untill you align dish correctly you can not scan the channel if you know what im trying to say
as im thinking if i confussed a pro with what i wanted am i trying to do something that can not be done or was the guy just not up to the job.
if you could add tps or channel list like an stb then thats a start i say just the fta then move dish to right start point via dish pointer and tweak away until you get the pic and best quality for signal bars on meter and thats it then move to your next sat
have i picked the basics up that is of course if you can enter your channels in

you can scroll through the pre-installed TPs and if the one you are looking for is not there you can add your own no probs.you cant put channel lists in you need to scan your own.

cheers dick b will invest in one soon then and see if i can get the job sorted with me dish move and if i do that ok will try my hand at installing a 1 mtr motorised when i get the the dish and dust down the darkmotor i bought a year ago
cheers for your help

Re: any1 got this satellite meter (apology)

In my post#22 of this thread I said the meter would not drive a motor this was incorrect.It does in fact drive a motor very well from the "edit satellite" menu I havent as yet explored its possibilities but just wanted apologise for my inaccuracy.

No probs DickB m8
I tried the to move the dish using this facility last week & it moved my triax 88 no probs although the battery went flat pretty quickly. I asked this question in post 58 but you and I seem to be the pioneers.
Cheers:Clap:

I've had mine for a couple of weeks and use it for fine tuning in on 7w. Just select nit search select the sat you want and swing the dish round. I find the tuner inside of this meter is sensative and good at picking up those weak sats. Glad I got mine.

Hi

I am planning to buy this meter for personal use only, How it helps to align the dish? Does it beeps when it get closer to the satellite i am looking for?

Hi

I am planning to buy this meter for personal use only, How it helps to align the dish? Does it beeps when it get closer to the satellite i am looking for?

basically yes, it also displays a picture on the screen so you can watch tv on the ladder,regards mdt

I have one as well, it is a cracking meter for the money, essentially it is a full receiver with a pocket tv screen attached and for £90 on fleabay it is a fraction of the price of any 'proper' meter. A lot easier to use than running up and down ladders to check your alignment for a full motorised setup. Don't bother with anything else - the Chinese have it dialed with this one!:proud:

Back