Any old CB users here?

pmsl i had the amstrad and had a car battery rigged up in my bedroom with the car magnet aerial hanging out my window.

roger roger 10 4 rubber dick/////whats ya handle m8 lol

Brilliant!!!!!!!
fook me a legal rig
lol

i was on had a few but my last was the superstar 360 and yes i used to go sideband
i heard one day a pair of yanks on so i booted up the burner a 400wat lol
and shouted out for them
i got one and had a good convo with him
i used to speak regularly to europe
spain italy holland sweden etc etc
once i had a 5 element beam on the chimney of a 3 storey block of flats with a other antennea on top of that
it was good
best thing i ever heard on the rig was somebody who sounded very far away
and i asked for a rig check (now come on we all did it lol)
i herad him saying he couldnt hear me he asked where i was some body else told him
he said wait
and he said oh he is on the same line as spain
he turned his beam my way
bloody hell lol
blasted me out
then he could hear me
lol

11 meters was the best i was in the charlie oscar dx club still got the qsl cards someware i think

CQ DX this is co2124 uk calling....................................lol

ok thats enough for now 73s

lol i had one many years ago
we used to get a drink and wind people up with it.
fook think i was about 16 at the time.

me first cb was back in 1979 when the skip was good talk to the yanks a few
times

heres my set then

ham international multimode2,a yaesu (cant remeber model),a 5 element directional beam on a 25 foot scaffoldin pole
500watt burner ( which wiped all the tv's within a 100 yards diameter) :roflmao: ,a turner expander 500 desk mic, a midland 150m with a dvx27,inside a rucksack with a car battery,used for wombling(walking before handhelds came out)

my old man used to be into all that, remember using his handheld radioshack portable one he had, took about 10AA's and didn't last that long either!

He had a couple of nice modded ones too, with AM and the sidebands too, I know he used to be a member on the charlie oscar club too.

He had 2 burners aswell, a valve amp (not sure on the power), and a 200w one.

Can remember him spending the whole afternoon and evening chatting to people, mainly my uncle 50 miles away... when it was cheaper to use a cb than phone for hours on end lol.

Only a bit before my time, but always used to sneak on there when he went out, good times :)

my handle was the hawk-eye, i had (still have) a modified rotel 220, that was pushing more than the allowed 4W to begin with, plus extra transmission, modulation and rx lights, a 65dB pre amplifier, a 200W kicker and on my mums roof a mk2 thunderpole AND a 21' silver rod, they couls be seen for miles, and wipe out TV reception for a good distance as well lol

i was on the air in the early 90's

i bought a whole brand new setup a couple of yrs ago because i loved my cb days.

one home based guy i spoke to and a few truck drivers i could talk to for about ten minutes, so that was a waste of cash.

i made a couple of threads on this subgect a few yrs back

lancaster i had in the 90's with a thunderpole on the roof, that my dad put up there, then he moaned when i keyed the mic coz it screwed up the telly :nopity:

I was a member of the Italian DX group Alpha Tango my call sign was 194-AT-104 there was only 5 of us on the island so when ever I got on there and said my C Q DX I was bombarded with calls trying to get QSL from me, great fun until I came to the U.K and was told I needed a licence :grrrr:

DOMINICA ISLAND if i am right never chatted to any one from there got a lot from the usa and others.....

I had a binatone cb and my handle was LUCKY LUKE and once i nearly chatted too a bloke in france lol,it was a clear day :proud::proud:

God this thread brings back memories!
I had load of rigs from Cobra 148 gtl dx to amstrads (yack)
Still got a superstar 360fm fully epromed (i think thats what they called it)
Good fun

Got my set-up in my early teens.
I had a Harvard good buddy, mighty magnum on the roof of my mums, a 50W burner and my pimped up swr meter with a 12v festoon bulb behind the screen lol.
Used to be "super smurf" rather than Curly in those days lol
Had a few eyeballs, once chatted to someone in north Wales and even met a bird from Bolton and lost my cherry :banana:

Happy days lol

Curly

Hahaha, them were the days. I had loads of different rigs, i was forever swapping and changing things with pals. I remember getting a side band rig with a burner and wiping all the neighbours TV's out every time i used it !!

on the side.............

looking at some of these pics and comments have bought back some great memories for me , cant remember half of the names of my equipment , but i remember having a nice silver rod , and a thunderpole i think it was called , burner , side band , echo mic pmsl

my call sign was pinball wizard and it stuck with me for a long time , had some great eyeballs and some wicked parties !!!

i used to have one too...my handle was poison arrrow....lol
i remember i used to really piss my neighbour off...everytime he was watching in the bedroom and i keyed up...it use to wipe his telly out...lol

met a bird from Bolton and lost my cherry :banana:

I popped my cherry to a bird I met on the CB aswell ;)

I'll never forget her, her fanny was stinking and I was questioning my sexuality as I couldn't stand the smell :)

Cracking tits though. :)

lol

I popped my cherry to a bird I met on the CB aswell ;)

I'll never forget her, her fanny was stinking and I was questioning my sexuality as I couldn't stand the smell :)

Cracking tits though. :)

lol

PMSL...The CB was great for that! 2 of my mates caught Gonorrhea of this dirty slapper that was on nightly luring boys to put their peckers in her diseased fanny!

I never took the bait ;)

Digging up an old thread but just got one of these for the car.
Can play on 10mtrs but also have a play on 555.
Can't play on 555 from home but /m should be fine.
Can't believe that I can't use a phone in the car but ham radio and cb are allowed ?

Attachments

• maas_dx5000.jpg
    maas_dx5000.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 8
Digging up an old thread but just got one of these for the car.
Can play on 10mtrs but also have a play on 555.
Can't play on 555 from home but /m should be fine.
Can't believe that I can't use a phone in the car but ham radio and cb are allowed ?

oooh the mass 5000... nice little unit there mate... is it fully expanded.. i know simonthewizard had reviews this and there a nice bit of kit... i been looking at getting one myself..

gotta get my antenna up now i moved but gotta find a good site for it.. (god dam council flats)

also on the note of car use... use of two-way recievers are totally legal.. CB PMR or even a 2m/70cm handy... the worlds your oyster..

and just out of curiosity why no 555 at home... afraid of risking ya licence ?

You 'orrible lot!

I used to use CB to find out the best place to leave the M25 on my way home from work. One year (high sunspot activity), there were loads of sporadic E openings and the CB band was full of Italians' QRO Txs.

Once home, I went on 10 metres (legally), but couldn't get a single QSO. I think my greatest distance achieved that year was about 30 miles on top band. Even that was only achievable because I was using CW (Morse). D'OH!

Back