Announcement from TM.com

I live in ireland and have a tm800 so do I post it to london or is there somewhere in ireland to post or bring it to? if anyone knows can they let me know. i emailed technomate but got no response.

thanks.

sent mine at 11am yesterday morning and arrived at technomate today at 14.00.

now the long wait for it coming back

I live in ireland and have a tm800 so do I post it to london or is there somewhere in ireland to post or bring it to? if anyone knows can they let me know. i emailed technomate but got no response.

thanks.

probably best to give them a quick ring mate

I popped in and had mine jtagged. It took about an hour with no customer seats, I suppose the car seat is fine. They also fitted a fan on the top. The device came back with the same IP address as when it went in, even thouigh I had to set it up from the beginning.

I did not have any issues with tune failed or problems on the HD channels.

With the comments about the recording, I don't have an internal drive, so I've tried the USB version. It does not seem to work. One is not able to change the recording path to USB. When plugged in the front, the STB refuses to record as it is expecting an internal drive. When plugged in the back, it starts recording but it cannot be stopped. Even yanking out the drive does not force a stop. Only way was to switch it off.

Perhaps they should be swapping units and arrange for swap outs at authorised retailers too. This will save on the postage and people can collect one straight away.

try the rear usb mate :)

I popped in and had mine jtagged. It took about an hour with no customer seats, I suppose the car seat is fine. They also fitted a fan on the top. The device came back with the same IP address as when it went in, even thouigh I had to set it up from the beginning.

I did not have any issues with tune failed or problems on the HD channels.

With the comments about the recording, I don't have an internal drive, so I've tried the USB version. It does not seem to work. One is not able to change the recording path to USB. When plugged in the front, the STB refuses to record as it is expecting an internal drive. When plugged in the back, it starts recording but it cannot be stopped. Even yanking out the drive does not force a stop. Only way was to switch it off.

Perhaps they should be swapping units and arrange for swap outs at authorised retailers too. This will save on the postage and people can collect one straight away.

I am reasonably confident in saying that the from usb port is ok only up to 16gb, any thing bigger should be attached to the rear port.
To change recording path to external hdd try the following:

List button

When you add timer to record you will then see that recording location has been changed.Start playback button and stop button should work.Its fast forward that is still a problem.

Silly me, I was going into settings and changing the recording path from there!

The USB "drive" is a micro sd card in a card reader and only 2gigs. I did try a few. I've used the List button and can confirm the recording via both ports work. I tried both HD and SD channels with no sync issues. Only glitch was that the rear one caused the STB to mute on me and acouple of typos on the messages that pop up.. (Media playback is on the list of things to be fixed.) I shall be ordering a proper 2.5 drive.

First I think TM should be congratulated for the way they are handling this problem, just the logistics of the situation in getting the receivers back, reprogramming the CPU's and returning them to the customers is extremely costly in carriage and the sheer number of man hours needed.
I notice quite a few posts from members wailing about the inconvenience caused to them BUT just spare a thought for the inconvenience caused to TM it must be enormous.
Of course no one likes being deprived of their favourite TV programmes but it's just one of life's up's and down's something to grin and bear (like a visit to the dentist).

Also there seem to be a few members who have dredged up a 5 month old post and are using it as a way to start a slanging war between TM products and ***** products, where is the gain in doing this?.
Remarks about members on ***** being banned when complaining about something are not the whole truth, what many of these members fail to state is the rabid way they put over their point AND I've just read similar comments about TM products here.
If you have a genuine problem on any forum it will be read and considered but to go in gun's blazing, slagging of everything and member in site is not the way to go about things, calmly and Politely put your point and you will get the answer.

Now lets get things straight, when a product nears the end of it's run it's common for a supplier to offer a package at a reduced price, Argos, Currys, Dixon's everybody does it so what's wrong there? I often pick up bargains this way, my TV at the moment I got from Argos at £225 for a 37" Acoustic Solutions HDMI TV brand new and it's the best value for money EVER.

Secondly no ***** product as far as I know has ever been recalled by either ***** or the manufacture. Look it's understandable that you support your favourite brand and supplier but slinging mud at any other supplier or manufacture does NOT change reality, products are products and if a recall is necessary then it has to be done, no discredit to the supplier who supplied it he relied on what the manufacture told him.

Ok lets get on with our lives, to those who simply want to rant "get a life" to members who want to watch TV "get it fixed" to TM you are doing a great job and having been in electronic design and servicing for most of my working life I know what you are going through.

Note to the wingers yes I own both TM and ***** receivers and enjoy both so there!!

Oh I see my post has been auto edited to remove taslA hardly fair in my opinion, I thought we might be above that sorry.

Last edited:
Just got home from a vist to TM London :)
met up with ellie this morning and took a drive over to Edmonton,they done our own boxes while we waited,better tbh I know my box works well

all excited to set it up atnd test :) get home and kids are playing Wii :(
see ellie you will be set up first lol

Was darkman right all along?

It depends what you mean by right. leaking partial information from within a competitors company can be damaging, but, it has shown that technomate cares more about its customers than any other company i personally have ever dealt with. TM could have easily released a revB tm800 (as mentioned elsewhere) and blamed everyones problems on other things before quietly abandoning it and moving on to something else. Or, like some sites out there, they could have had a 'special offer' on remaining stock, then abandoned it, this has been done plenty of times by other sites, special offer on end of line receivers, darkboxes, azboxes, eagle receivers, to name a few.

By spending this small fortune and having the logistical nightmare that goes with it, which may well have been caused by NXP giving out the wrong closed source drivers, technomate have shown that a technomates for life, not just for profit. While there may be a few bumps along the way, you (hopefully) wont be left feeling ripped off at the end of it all

Some dealers now have stock of Jtagged receivers

I read in a previous post about Spiderbox that is bad.......
Spiderbox

1.It has perfect picture quality in HD and SD channels,even these with low bitrate.
2.There is also a Combo version with a second terrestrial DVB-T tuner Mpeg-2,Mpeg-4
3.It supports DiseqC 1.0 -1.1 - 1.2 - Usals with no problem.
4.It supports blind scan,very fast.
5.There is option of Home Sharing,you can share 1 card to 8 rooms of a house......
6.It supports cccam-newcamd as a client.
Even it can be a newcamd server.
7.It supports PVR function in usb stick or hard disk.
8.It is media player,supporting .avi ,.xvid , .srt archives.
Even, Home streaming from PC to Spiderbox and to TV.
9.Patch with emu-keys for any new keys are public or not,first of all other receivers.
10.It has gift.

At the end,No Darkbox or Eagle has even had to be recalled as other receivers.
Eagle linux box works better than any TM linux and support for it, is excellent.

Wow lot's of new members popping up to promote darkman and his products again! in a thread about the tm800.

I was going to remove the above post as it is off topic but there will only be tears.

Please stay on topic and all moaners post in this thread https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/248558/. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
IT sounds as a none e2 reciever like,opensat,opticum etc.From sweden it will cost me over £100.so its not fare.i want refund instead.i hope i ll get it.

I don't understand that conclusion. If you do a search of the '.py' enigma scripts you will see that all that functionallity is with enigma, but was never patched for the TM800.

To the people mis quoting my posts on other forums, carry on, when members of those other forums google digidude, they will be directed here

to the 3 people texting me, 2 of who i dont know who you are, but i have your numbers now, get a life FFS!! electronic stalking is now a crime in the UK, and im getting sick of the threats

i do this for a hobby, it makes no difference to me personally if any company goes tits up tomorrow

Last edited:
Wow lot's of new members popping up to promote darkman and his products again! in a thread about the tm800.

I was going to remove the above post as it is off topic but there will only be tears.

Please stay on topic and all moaners post in this thread https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/248558/. Thank you.

It is hobby for me.
I don't even live in UK.
But the matter is the truth.
Somebody else talked about Spiderbox and ..... in this thread.
What a receiver can or cannot do.
Or what problems has.
I also have a TM 6800 HD.

if any of darkmans bum boys come on here and slag off any box that isnt his i will ban them
but before that tell me how many of his forums have chats, software, about other boxes
we have about the spiderbox on here the only ppl who pull them are the owners

basicly if you dont like what we post
GO AWAY

It is hobby for me.
I don't even live in UK.
Somebody else talked about Spiderbox and ..... in this thread.
What a receiver can or cannot do.
Or what problems has.
I also have a TM 6800 HD.

Look son f**k off! dark-dick is a 1st class w@nker just like you and the rest of his bitches!! The eagle don't drive my motor , the spiderbox don't work with cccam ( well its dose for a min then go's off)
So you go take your sh!t over to dark-dick's site and his little spiderbox site!!
we don't make up lie's about box's we don't own!!
we tell the truth about what has happend with the box we own!!
I asked for help with cccam on spiderbox they told me it was my network
so i ask them well how is my tm600 cccam work find and the cccam on the eagle!!! banned!!
before the 5000sd had cccam i ask them when it was going to be put on,
I got told it has newcamd , and that works so that that!

would dark-dick do what tm is doing right now???????
NO he and his bitches would drop you like a bag of sh!t!
dark-dick is sh!tting himself over TM!

My box is nice and smooth now.
Can watch channels I couldn't get before (I thought it was my dish misaligned before)

Don't like the percentage on the lcd on bootup but thats just cosmetic and I rarely reboot my box.

Nice to see it nice and stable.

ps
@grahame27 no swearing please.
Also I have an eagle (dm500s clone) works fine here and drives my motor.
Never tried a spiderbox and not likely to as I like linux boxes.

ps ps
ps got the network mount to work but still crashes with mkv file :( ,fine with .ts though.

Last edited:
I don't understand that conclusion. If you do a search of the '.py' enigma scripts you will see that all that functionallity is with enigma, but was never patched for the TM800.

i got that conclusion cause did not see any info about jtaged one.So if you have this jtaged version;does teletext and subtitles work more than a day?Thats most importent thing for me right now,pvr i dont careso much cause my new LG tv handles that.

regards

I do hope the welcome PM from Mick is sincere, no matter what the background of a new member. Let me just say how entertaining this thread has become, it certainly beats anything on the TV tonight :Clap: regardless of which receiver you have.
However, it does trouble me though, how much flack is aimed at the Darkside and this seems to be very deep rooted. Is this historical, with a few members blindly following a leader or have those members actually had experience of the "other" side? This I doubt because for many years now, I have never had a problem with either service or backup, never had to return a product, be it one of my TMs or more recently the Dark and Spider.
Anyway, all credit for the backup being offered to the unfortunate TM owners around the country.

<snip>
However, it does trouble me though, how much flack is aimed at the Darkside and this seems to be very deep rooted. Is this historical, with a few members blindly following a leader or have those members actually had experience of the "other" side? This I doubt because for many years now, I have never had a problem with either service or backup, never had to return a product, be it one of my TMs or more recently the Dark and Spider.
<snip>

Unfortunately we have a few members with bad experiences with the support offered elsewhere, they complain on here then we get loads of spam and abuse from elsewhere.

We are not anti spiderbox we have a spiderbox section but the admin/mods from another site that do not allow any negative comments about their boxes are not happy that we attempt to be as impartial as possible so every so often they steam over and causes chaos for a while.

Oh well these things happen and we have broad shoulders.

Myself and an admin have been critical owners of the tm800 but it's hard to stay critical when tm are bending over backwards to get things done at their expense, anyone who is familiar with cable or sat boxes knows that normally a box is turned into revision b and it's a case of fook you pay again but with this box tm have taken the hit and are updating the box at a cost to themselves, this is a 1st for me.

We will still attempt to be impartial not matter what the make of box but we are only human.

Back