Announcement from TM.com

digidude

Sheep worrier.
VIP Member
Reaction score
TM-800 HD Linux
2nd December 2010
To all owners of the TM-800 HD:

We have reprogrammed the CPU in the TM-800 HD in order to better support the software core and application levels. As a result of 100% success, we are asking all TM-800 HD owners to kindly return their product (complete with remote control, if your remote has a blue CE on the rear, you do not need to send this) to our Headquarters at:

Technomate Ltd
Unit 11 Nobel Road
Edmonton
London N18 3BH
Tel: 020 8884 0701

You can call in to above address and wait about 30 minutes while we re program CPU and download new software to your receiver, test it, and return it to you over the counter.

We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused. We will compensate £8 towards your postage. Please include a copy of your receipt, address and telephone number. Once we receive your TM-800 HD, we will send it out to you within 2 working days. It will be returned to you free-of-charge.

If you are outside the UK, please contact us at: [email protected] or at 0044 20 8884 0701.

We will also update your TM-800 HD to the latest software:

Fixed in 30/11/10 software:
1. No more freezing on HD channels
2. Signal and signal lock have been fixed and also sensitivity has increased
3. OSD speed has been improved
4. Card reader OK
5. Performance improved
6. USB mount fixed
7. Default channel list supported
8. PVR Record & Play fixed (except trick play)

By 6/12/10:
1. PVR trick play
2. AC3 & stereo sound fixed (when AC3 changes to stereo)

By 23/12/10:
1. Web-x TV
2. Media player
3. Network samba
4. Trick play
5. Others

Source

Last edited:
That's great but going to have to wait until after Xmas I'm afraid. No way I'm sending off with all this snow causing chaos. More chance of it going missing and if no TV over Xmas, my nuts will be hanging from the tree along with all the other decorations.

That's great but going to have to wait until after Xmas I'm afraid. No way I'm sending off with all this snow causing chaos. More chance of it going missing and if no TV over Xmas, my nuts will be hanging from the tree along with all the other decorations.

Exactly i took some stuff to my po the other day and they said theres no way it's going anywere. City link can not get through either so no point booking a collection through parcel monkey.

On to the box why do they need us to return it? What are they going to do that we can not? Remove the cpu and replace it with a more supported version?

Or is it somthing deeper than flashing can do?

the main NXP processor will be reprogrammed at core / driver level m8, this is NOT open source finrware in any form, not even TM authorised work stations outside of london have access to the firmware and equipment that will be needed to reprogramme the CPU

Does this mean any 3rd party dev going on is on hold or up the swanny due to changes in core level calls and functions?

Does this mean any 3rd party dev going on is on hold or up the swanny due to changes in core level calls and functions?

Sounds to me like with these changes more devs will be able to build images for this reciever. Is that right digi?

Taken from elsewhere, posted on many sat forums.
Don't start moaning at me for posting it as it's everywhere.

Maybe Digidude can confirm or deny this info?

TM 800 project has Failed..

After trying so Hard with very cheap CPU NXP ,,the TEAM of IT GATE Manufacture has FAILED...

Re : information of It gate :

All the Engineers.(It gate) Back to Korea after working 3 month… and project has failed.. last shipment,2K.. all qty shipped back ( HW-Main board problem, smps problem, even sw not a success yet ) to Korea..

TM will soon look for another project ALI chip is 50 dollars HD stb in China...actually this kind of stb is already selling in middle east market...
Lets hope that next time TM don't use their customers for experiments.

looks like Darkman was right about this tm800 all along

bad for tm this

Dark man can spout all he wants he is wrong. The reprogramming of the CPU is just like giving your car a new engine the firmware for the CPU will most likely have machine code updates and allow the CPU to perform better.

Look at mobiles they get constant low level firmware updates so they have run the latest software (froyo) and the baseband gets updated to improve signal etc.

So i think with this it may take a while for all boxes to be done but will make them work alot better.

Taken from elsewhere, posted on many sat forums.
Don't start moaning at me for posting it as it's everywhere.

Maybe Digidude can confirm or deny this info?

TM 800 project has Failed..

After trying so Hard with very cheap CPU NXP ,,the TEAM of IT GATE Manufacture has FAILED...

Re : information of It gate :

All the Engineers.(It gate) Back to Korea after working 3 month… and project has failed.. last shipment,2K.. all qty shipped back ( HW-Main board problem, smps problem, even sw not a success yet ) to Korea..

TM will soon look for another project ALI chip is 50 dollars HD stb in China...actually this kind of stb is already selling in middle east market...
Lets hope that next time TM don't use their customers for experiments.

posted 22nd july 2010

why should tm800 owners have to go threw all this hassle when it should be right in the first place, a big company like tm, should be done right in the first place

Last edited:
And I wonder where this info came from origanly

They should also be offering a full refund to all owners who have waited months for a working image and then get told to send your box back for reprogramming.

They could have done this months ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I see they are back to there old tricks of giving dates for image releases dates dont they ever learn?

HAHAHAHA at the darkman crap again.

There are problems with this box no ones denying that. But they are willing to fix them covering the cost of postage. If this cpu update means that it will sort the issues out m happy to do so.

If this was darkmans box he would have told you to ram it and you would be stuck with it. If you moaned on his forums about it you would be banned simples.

I'm intrigued. Why would someone design something that needed a return for a firmware update?

I'm intrigued. Why would someone design something that needed a return for a firmware update?

It's not a firmware update it's a cpu update. Im still unsure what they are updating exactly though. Infact i would like to know more before i send it back i might ring them.

Also why do they need the remote aswell? are they sending us new recievers with different cpu's in i wonder?

Last edited:
It's not a firmware update it's a cpu update. Im still unsure what they are updating exactly though. Infact i would like to know more before i send it back i might ring them.

Also why do they need the remote aswell? are they sending us new recievers with different cpu's in i wonder?

What processor is in them?

they want receipt but i brought mine from ebay, its the newer one i can tell because it has a fan on the top aswell. any ideas? paypal receipt?

thanks
hnj

Right just rang them they said that once the cpu has been updated none of the old images will work on them.

But there will be a new image flashed to them and another new image is due out at the end of the week.

He even said that mkv and youtube will be working on the box!

why the need for remote and also why receipt as all are tm product so doesnt matter where they were bought from
what if you used ebay or another source and no longer have receipt
or bought 2nd hand still must have 12 months warranty

Back