Announcement from TM.com

Right just rang them they said that once the cpu has been updated none of the old images will work on them.

But there will be a new image flashed to them and another new image is due out at the end of the week.

He even said that mkv and youtube will be working on the box!

So does this mean that the new images will not work on the original receivers, so basically the support ends for current units and if you want more support you have to send the receivers back to TM??

We will also update your TM-800 HD to the latest software:

Fixed in 30/11/10 software:
1. No more freezing on HD channels
2. Signal and signal lock have been fixed and also sensitivity has increased
3. OSD speed has been improved
4. Card reader OK
5. Performance improved
6. USB mount fixed
7. Default channel list supported
8. PVR Record & Play fixed (except trick play)

By 6/12/10:
1. PVR trick play
2. AC3 & stereo sound fixed (when AC3 changes to stereo)

By 23/12/10:
1. Web-x TV
2. Media player
3. Network samba
4. Trick play
5. Others

Source

It's a great statement by TM, but once again they have done something they have failed on numerous occasions in the past... and that's to have posted dates for firmware releases.

I'm going to a local bookie tomorrow and putting down my mortgage on the fact that the image expected for release on 23.12.10 will not be out on that date let alone the one expected for 06.12.10!

I will send one of the TM800's I have back and then based on the performance I will decide to send the other.

I'll be contacting my supplier and asking for a full refund instead of getting this box replaced.

It really is a joke.

:Clap: Your comment is a joke too imo return your box and swiftly move on :Wave: byeeeee

So does this mean that the new images will not work on the original receivers, so basically the support ends for current units and if you want more support you have to send the receivers back to TM??

It's a great statement by TM, but once again they have done something they have failed on numerous occasions in the past... and that's to have posted dates for firmware releases.

I'm going to a local bookie tomorrow and putting down my mortgage on the fact that the image expected for release on 23.12.10 will not be out on that date let alone the one expected for 06.12.10!

I will send one of the TM800's I have back and then based on the performance I will decide to send the other.

Wasnt it UR_Team who put out dates before not TM? I may be wrong but either way I did say there would be some positive changes by the end of the year and I think for those who arent so quick to jump ship will soon be praising the TM800HD instead of flaming it for trivial reasons.

Wasnt it UR_Team who put out dates before not TM? I may be wrong but either way I did say there would be some positive changes by the end of the year and I think for those who arent so quick to jump ship will soon be praising the TM800HD instead of flaming it for trivial reasons.

so is there any one who got his box replaced?Whats the differences compare to old one?is it still e2?will be still a opensoureced reciever or we will be depend on UR team again?And who will pay my £92 for postage + tms £100 for re sending unit to sweden?

Too many questions ,

so is there any one who got his box replaced?Whats the differences compare to old one?is it still e2?will be still a opensoureced reciever or we will be depend on UR team again?And who will pay my £92 for postage + tms £100 for re sending unit to sweden?

Too many questions ,

If you read the first post properly you would know the announcement was only made this morning.

belmando have you contacted TM yet
the statment says something about people who live outside the UK

Give them a ring or email see what they say mate :)

They want to reprogram a CPU?

How the fook do you do reprogram hardware? :err:
Isn't that the job of the Firmware?

Can one of you Tech guys explain this to me please.

Do they really mean "we are replacing the CPU"?

I was expecting the TM800 to be an adventure, but this is turning into an epic. :)

It got me interested ;). The processor seems to be a PNX8335, there isn't much information on it that I found. Maybe it is available under Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA) from NXP.

Lauterbach make debug tools for these processors.

There are "soft" core processors that are configured in FPGAs and can be fully reconfigured but I think this PNX thing may be a microcode update.

It got me interested ;). The processor seems to be a PNX8335, there isn't much information on it that I found. Maybe it is available under Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA) from NXP.

Lauterbach make debug tools for these processors.

There are "soft" core processors that are configured in FPGAs and can be fully reconfigured but I think this PNX thing may be a microcode update.

there isnt much info about, liek you say it could be a microcode update, it could be in flash / ROM / PLA etc etc, i havent got an 800 so dont take too much interest in them.

its a big step for the , and gonna cost alot in logistics alone, and its also a commendable action for them as a company. But customers still have a right to be pissed off with the whole situation.

at least there may be light at the end of the tunnel though...............

Great post.

It's opened a new world to me, soft core CPU's!, WTF, lol.

We all laughed at Darkman, but in reality, he really DID know a lot more than we did, the CPU in it's current configuration, really wasn't good enough.

Hat's off to Technomate for taking it on the chin.

a few questions have been raised, which ive asked about.

Will we be getting new or refurbished receivers?

most people will be getting their own receivers back. Technomate will reprogramme the CPU while you wait if you go into the main place in london. Those having tuner issues will have their receivers checked over and tested further, if found to be faulty, these will be replaced with a new unit

Are they replacing the processors?

No, they are reprogramming the processor

How will i get the £8 delivery charge refunded to me?

There will be £8 in the receivers box when you receive it back reprogrammed and reflashed

If i dont change my receiver, will all support for it stop?

It has been mentioned that new images wont work on older receivers, and vice versa. Last night i compiled a 'new' image, and it runs on my older receiver fine, with the same few bugs, but it runs

Im outside of the UK, returning my receiver is very expensive, what do i do?

Contact technomate via TECHNOMATE UK either by phone or email, or contact your local distributor.

I bought my receiver 2nd hand, or from ebay, and dont have a receipt, what do i do?

If bought from ebay, you should be able to generate an invoice from paypal, or ask the ebay seller, if you bought 2nd hand, you may have to cover delivery charges yourself, i really dont know the answer to that one, but if you contact technomate via their site, they will advise you.

Was darkman right all along?

It depends what you mean by right. leaking partial information from within a competitors company can be damaging, but, it has shown that technomate cares more about its customers than any other company i personally have ever dealt with. TM could have easily released a revB tm800 (as mentioned elsewhere) and blamed everyones problems on other things before quietly abandoning it and moving on to something else. Or, like some sites out there, they could have had a 'special offer' on remaining stock, then abandoned it, this has been done plenty of times by other sites, special offer on end of line receivers.

By spending this small fortune and having the logistical nightmare that goes with it, which may well have been caused by NXP giving out the wrong closed source drivers, technomate have shown that a technomates for life, not just for profit. While there may be a few bumps along the way, you (hopefully) wont be left feeling ripped off at the end of it all

Some dealers now have stock of Jtagged receivers

Last edited:
well put Digi :) Im sure that will put a few minds at rest :)

TM wont release the tools needed for home users to do themselfs mate
tbh I dont think it would be a good idea ?

as far as Im aware its only 1 branch doing the task and then shipping them to retailers etc

i asked TM about this, as there are a small number of TM approved service agents, but theyre not allowed by NXP to give out the firmware needed to carry out the update

i will be comparing my existing receiver to a jtagged one later on today (about 4 mins after citylink have been lol)

i asked TM about this, as there are a small number of TM approved service agents, but theyre not allowed by NXP to give out the firmware needed to carry out the update

That's a pain in the arse then, if they're jtagging :(

everyone who wants their CPU updated will need to have their receiver jtagged by technomates main place in london, NOWHERE else can do it for you. i would have been happy enough to sort my own receiver out, as im sure a few on here would, but, NXP will not allow the software needed to go any further than the main TM HQ

(cue all the DM conspiracies lol)

Thanks for all the info and updates digidude, I will be hacking my way through the snow to the post office to-day and getting mine off .... :thumbsup:

took my box in today to the branch in edmonton, the tuner sensitivity has highly increased, which is excellent, this was the main problem that i had, hd channels and sd channels at 75-80, also the remote is in great sync, no slowness, more smoother running system

took my box in today to the branch in edmonton, the tuner sensitivity has highly increased, which is excellent, this was the main problem that i had, hd channels and sd channels at 75-80, also the remote is in great sync, no slowness, more smoother running system

Excellent can you test recording?

Back