Announcement from TM.com

took my box back yesterday and have had the repair done i must say i can see no real difference in the performance. i have no idea what has been done but i got back the machine that was handed in. the whole thing took about 10mins and i was away again. I must say its is a poor show (particularly for anyone who now has to lose there box for christmas) but like many i parted with my money knowing this was and still remains an unfinished machine so its difficult to complain about them doing fixes and upgrades.

i was told the problem has been caused by Phillips selling the chip and providing the wrong drivers. that the issue was found out by those working on the machine and the reprogramming is effectively rectifying this problem.

Tecnomate could have said nothing left the machine in the market and produced a new box with the problem sorted who would have known? yes we would all say the box never turned into what it was hoped it would but that probably would have been better for technomate than the current outcome ie ridicule by owners and manufacturers of clone boxes.

The TM800HD is an ODM box unlike many machines this is Designed and Manufactured by Tecnomate. if the spider box had a fault the chinese manufacturer would not make any recall it would be left in the market.

Disaster for technomate whoever's fault, Clearly not acceptable if the machine had been sold as a finished article and even though this box was a work in progress no one could say they would have expected something as major as this. However fair play to technomate they have taken big bold decisions for the fan and now the chip they will contrary to rumor support this box and this proves it.

Last edited:
Steven, the fix increases cpu speed by about 20% and cures data stream flow problems. If you are just viewing SD or HD channels then you will not see a difference. If you are recording encrypted HD and viewing existing recordings at the same time then, I hope, you will see a considerable difference.

To check that the fix has been applied refer to the tests Ellie assisted me in in the post Jtag'd TM800 Vs normal which shows a tenfold increase in disk data flow. The 'top' command results posted on the UR Download Centre which show the box going from an overloaded cpu to one that is just idling, and the cpu clock speed which has gone from 320Mhz to 400Mhz.

I don't have dw dog tags?

Look at the xbox 360.

Original over heated (overheated)

New elite supposedly fixed the issue (overheated)

Slim console supposedly has finally fixed the issue. Plus other niggles consumers had like no wifi on board etc.

Look at alll those toyota's that had to be recalled due to breaks failing and accelarators sticking. So it's not just TM it happens to huge companys too.

They have now identified the issue and hopefully we should now see some great images coming our way. If you really are not happy with this reciever which i can totally understand send it back for a full refund and move on or sell it and move on.

At this stage if you are still hanging on then you can't be as un happy as you make out.

I think you've completely missed the point as have others. How many people are saying Toyota and Microsoft should be praised for fixing their cockups????

I think you've completely missed the point as have others. How many people are saying Toyota and Microsoft should be praised for fixing their cockups????

To be honest i'm finding your continual whinging really boring.

Toyota have to fix the cars or people die, to begin with they denied there was even a problem

I was under the impression that microsoft just released any old stuff and fixed it later ie all versions of windows, xbox360

I have limited knowledge of sat/cable boxes but
dm500 network problem never fixed
most linux boxes have people moaning about something with them.

Please name another company that has done a recall on any scale instead of just releasing a new box and pretending there is no problem.

Yes your correct the box isn't 100% but at least tm are trying. Everybody knows the box is a work in progress so I don't understand the complaints. If you wanted a 100% working box then you should have waited for everything to get sorted or bought a different box. You are beginning to sound like one of the alshat guys.

I'm dubious myself as they are flashing boxes with no backup images and when I did offer UR_team a temporary fix for the network mounts I was fobbed off. If I get fedup waiting then I will sell the box and get something else but for the moment I am prepared to wait as at least tm are going in the right direction.

do we know if people ae actually getting the boxes back in two working days as stated by TM ??

theyll be returned to you within 2 working days of TM receiving them

you book a couriercollection today (sun) and your receiver is collected tomorrow (mon). It arrives at TM on tue (could arrive at 17:00) wed and thu are the 2 working days TM has the receiver for, if its sent back on thu, youll receive it fri

while some may say 'but it only takes 20 mins to sort out, why so long' theres only so many 20 mins in a day. granted, they wont be being done one at a time, depending on how many computers they have, how many guys working on those computers, and how many hours a day

if theres 3 guys, on 15 computers, working 12 hours a day, thats 45 boxes an hour, just over 500 a day, IF they have all the boxes there at the same time. they will be being delivered as and when by couriers etc, and theyre expecting ~10k receivers

To be honest i'm finding your continual whinging really boring.

Lol, I couldn't give a damn if you find me boring or not. I think most of the stuff you come out with is tedious.

I've posted 4 maybe 5 posts recently having a perfectly legitimate dig at TM's 6 months of poor handling (compared to dozens of my posts in favour of TM) and one of them was at Satwiz's (same thing) latest repeat of failed proven claims. If that's all it takes to get your back up then perhaps you should find other things to occupy your mind.

I've had my TM800HD far longer than you have love and I'm well within my rights to have a moan. Again, like others you've missed my point entirely. Probably because you don't read things properly. If you don't like what I've posted then don't read it!

Clearly TM have done the right thing in the recall but OTT praise of their handling when getting an uncapable team to fail to bring out a properly working image, and still when things got so bad they should've stumped up the cash and probably have saved money in the long run, holding back on releasing open source code and taking 6 months to find a fundamental flaw doesn't deserve getting a shitty nose for.

Yes we were offered refunds in one hand but then in the other, a promise that the next image which has been "100% tested" by the likes of Satwiz and is "working perfectly" was always a week or so away!!!

If you don't have the nonce to see a legitimate and realistic complaint about a company without trying to compare me to alshat lot then your angle on the issue makes perfect sense :grayyawn:

What really leaves the bitterest taste in my mouth is being made to look a fool for fighting TM's corner when the likes of DickMan's et al slagging off, no matter how misguided it may of been, turns out to be not far off the truth.

Let's not have another one of your hissy fits please.

Lol, I couldn't give a damn if you find me boring or not. I think most of the stuff you come out with is tedious.

I've posted 4 maybe 5 posts recently having a perfectly legitimate dig at TM's 6 months of poor handling (compared to dozens of my posts in favour of TM) and one of them was at Satwiz's (same thing) latest repeat of failed proven claims. If that's all it takes to get your back up then perhaps you should find other things to occupy your mind.

I've had my TM800HD far longer than you have love and I'm well within my rights to have a moan. Again, like others you've missed my point entirely. Probably because you don't read things properly. If you don't like what I've posted then don't read it!

Clearly TM have done the right thing in the recall but OTT praise of their handling when getting an uncapable team to fail to bring out a properly working image, and still when things got so bad they should've stumped up the cash and probably have saved money in the long run, holding back on releasing open source code and taking 6 months to find a fundamental flaw doesn't deserve getting a shitty nose for.

Yes we were offered refunds in one hand but then in the other, a promise that the next image which has been "100% tested" by the likes of Satwiz and is "working perfectly" was always a week or so away!!!

If you don't have the nonce to see a legitimate and realistic complaint about a company without trying to compare me to alshat lot then your angle on the issue makes perfect sense :grayyawn:

What really leaves the bitterest taste in my mouth is being made to look a fool for fighting TM's corner when the likes of DickMan's et al slagging off, no matter how misguided it may of been, turns out to be not far off the truth.

boring, like listening to my ex wife
I won't try to beat your hissy fit

Why don't you take them up on a full refund then? Or sell it on ebay or the classifieds here.

Im not having a dig but if you are really that unhappy why do you put up with it?

I think all the blokeinkent is trying to say is that we shouldn't be polishing TM's Dick for something that should have been in the box from the start and i think its a bit unfair to tar him with allshat.

on the other hand you should have known that the product was incomplete upon purchase, so there really isn't that much to complain about.

I think the folly on the part of TM was that they advertised it as a fully working box that would even wash the dishes for you, even though they knew and the people who were half in the know knew, that it was still a work in progress.

As somebody else mentioned, bravo, well done etc etc etc to TM, but they will be getting some form of compensation from the CPU people for the anal rapage they have caused.

Please dont flame me,
CrazyFool.

I think it is a bit more complicated than that. NXP provided the cpu, chipset and presumably either provided or approved the motheboard layout. UR contracted to do image development and testing. So we have three parties and somewhere along the line responsibilities got blurred so all bases were not covered.

It would be interesting to know when TM realised they had a problem. Only when we know that can we really analyse what went wrong and how quickly the parties acted.

I think all the blokeinkent is trying to say is that we shouldn't be polishing TM's Dick for something that should have been in the box from the start and i think its a bit unfair to tar him with allshat.

on the other hand you should have known that the product was incomplete upon purchase, so there really isn't that much to complain about.

I think the folly on the part of TM was that they advertised it as a fully working box that would even wash the dishes for you, even though they knew and the people who were half in the know knew, that it was still a work in progress.

As somebody else mentioned, bravo, well done etc etc etc to TM, but they will be getting some form of compensation from the CPU people for the anal rapage they have caused.

Please dont flame me,
CrazyFool.

Not just TM...it was hyped up a lot on this forum as well...by TM Fanboys...a lot of the stuff that wasnt working (80% of the reciever) wasnt being openly acknowledged.
Instead it was...buy this best box ever..,superior hardware etc etc...TM just tried cash in on World cup sales...big mis-judgement then they had bunch iof muppets UR Team from day 1 which doesnt help...but thats also TM's fault...they could have easily paid a properly capable team to develop the software for them.
The CPU JTAG drivers thing is just the latest calamity..in a poorly handled project from start to finish,..you would think you at least test things properly before relasing onto the open market...

Not just TM...it was hyped up a lot on this forum as well...by TM Fanboys...a lot of the stuff that wasnt working (80% of the reciever) wasnt being openly acknowledged.
Instead it was...buy this best box ever..,superior hardware etc etc...TM just tried cash in on World cup sales...big mis-judgement then they had bunch iof muppets UR Team from day 1 which doesnt help...but thats also TM's fault...they could have easily paid a properly capable team to develop the software for them.
The CPU JTAG drivers thing is just the latest calamity..in a poorly handled project from start to finish,..you would think you at least test things properly before relasing onto the open market...

You know im fed up of being called a fan boy because i don't moan about every issue on this box. I am an owner im not affiliated with this box in anyway.

Heres the key facts for me..

I wanted a hd reciever that looked smart. I got it.

I wanted a hd reciever that allowed me to watch great quality hd broadcasts. I got that.

I wanted a stable reciever with no glitching or freezing. I got that.

I wanted a hd reciever with pvr function I didn't get that.

Everything else i knew about before i ordered, the so called TM fanboys on here actualy warned me that the box was incomplete and was not fully working yet, they went as far to say i was taking a gamble. Even eurosky had a message on their site informing me of the issues.

However i was prepared to wait and watch the box develope. So i bought it. We now have a mjor issue identified and TM are sorting it, The source is out in the open and 8 teams are supposedly developing for it.

I jump on the ones moaning that don't actualy own the box, because it's the samew ones ovver and over again endlessly moaning about a reciever that they don't even own.

Yes you are allowed your opinion, i just do not understand why the same people moan on and on about issues that do not even effect them.

If i was as unhappy as some of the tm800hd owners on here i would be demanding a full refund or selling it on. But they don't they hang on to it and just moan on and on about it instead. And when you read thread aftr thread with people moaning about the same stuff over and over it get's on your tit's.

Ellie made a thread here for moans https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/248558/

Please use that and keep threads on topic. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
got mine back this morning, they have put a fan on for me, the only thing left now is for me to try and get the 2 hard drives working, so no luck.

1st hard drive is a 5400 160gb the other is a 7200 320gb, problem is the tm 800 does not see them question why ?

How are you determining that the box does not see the drives? If using the remote then the mount point may have changed. Use telnet for initial tests.

1. df -h will show all mounted devices.
/ # df -h
Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on
rootfs 53.3M 43.8M 9.5M 82% /
/dev/root 53.3M 43.8M 9.5M 82% /
tmpfs 82.6M 16.0k 82.6M 0% /tmp
tmpfs 82.6M 8.0k 82.6M 0% /media
mdev 82.6M 0 82.6M 0% /dev
tmpfs 82.6M 128.0k 82.5M 0% /dev/shm
/dev/root 53.3M 43.8M 9.5M 82% /usr/opt
sda 596.1G 44.6G 551.4G 7% /media/internal-disk
/ #

and fdisk -l devicename will show details of the disk.
/ # fdisk -l /dev/sda

Disk /dev/sda: 640.1 GB, 640135028736 bytes
255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 77825 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes

Disk /dev/sda doesn't contain a valid partition table
/ #

and also cat /proc/mounts will show the mounted characteristics.

/ # cat /proc/mounts
rootfs / rootfs rw 0 0
/dev/root / jffs2 rw 0 0
sysfs /sys sysfs rw 0 0
proc /proc proc rw 0 0
tmpfs /tmp tmpfs rw 0 0
tmpfs /media tmpfs rw 0 0
mdev /dev tmpfs rw 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts rw 0 0
tmpfs /dev/shm tmpfs rw 0 0
mqueue /dev/mqueue mqueue rw 0 0
/dev/root /usr/opt jffs2 rw 0 0
sda /media/internal-disk ext2 rw,noatime,nodiratime 0 0
/ #

If your disk shows up there then mount it manually by
mkdir /media/mydisk
mount /dev/sd? /media/mydisk

Went to Technomate on Sat and they upgraded my box in 15 mins. The tuner is 100% perfect i get 85% on normal channels and 90% on HD channels. A great upgrade. Tried recording in the evening and have no problems with playback apart from forwarding and rewinding which is being sorted on the next image. It seems to be getting better.

I know there has been problems with this box but please let me know where you can get a HD linux box for £250? You won't get one better looking than the TM800HD. Everyone was told before they purchased the box that there was problems but as i can see from this quick upgrade things are looking up for this box. There are images coming out but you have to bear in mind that everything is not going to get sorted overnight. Every receiver has faults not as much as the TM800 but it will get better.

Cheers

Last edited:
How are you determining that the box does not see the drives? If using the remote then the mount point may have changed. Use telnet for initial tests.

1. df -h will show all mounted devices.

and fdisk -l devicename will show details of the disk.

and also cat /proc/mounts will show the mounted characteristics.

If your disk shows up there then mount it manually by
mkdir /media/mydisk
mount /dev/sd? /media/mydisk

thank you for the reply, sorted it, was faulty sata lead

Back