Amir Khan V Paul McCloskey FTA ?

im glad i didnt pay to see that lol

mile walk with a beer up to the missus house now :)

Would have loved to see it go the full distance, Khan was better by far in the early rounds but he wasn't hurting Dudey.

Can see the Irish wrecking the place. I would be looking for my £15 back if it wasn't for cardsharing

That was shaping up to be a good fight, there is no way that was intentional that headbut by either boxer, i think khan was 1 or 2 rounds away from winning it tho.

Would have loved to see it go the full distance, Khan was better by far in the early rounds but he wasn't hurting Dudey.

Can see the Irish wrecking the place. I would be looking for my £15 back if it wasn't for cardsharing

I,ve seen some mismatch boxing in my days and that was,nt one of them,i was at a naseem fight b4 at the secc and i went to the toilet,when i returned the fight was over,, this fight 6 rounds,decent fight/accidental headclash,some argy bargy from promoters in the ring at the end and a possible rematch,, lolllllll what more do you want from a fight.

I don't follow boxing that much but in my opinion the fight was stopped unfairly, I have seen fights with worse cuts been let run.

Khan is not the fighter that his hype says he is. There is a good possibility that he would have won if ithad went on but his punches were not hurting McCloskey.

Do you think the fight would have been stopped if Khan had that small cut and was behind in the first few rounds?

If he was so confident that he was the better fighter why did he shoot down the rematch straight away?

Does he honestly think that he can fight at a higher level?

As I say I'm no expert in boxing, it just seemed a bit unfair to me.

Theblueirish

I,ve seen some mismatch boxing in my days and that was,nt one of them,i was at a naseem fight b4 at the secc and i went to the toilet,when i returned the fight was over,, this fight 6 rounds,decent fight/accidental headclash,some argy bargy from promoters in the ring at the end and a possible rematch,, lolllllll what more do you want from a fight.
agreed but would of been good seeing it till it was a propper fight
even better if the rematch it was annouced

that it was free to all who paid

yer like that will happen lol

in my book khan was ahead but id love to have seen it got the full 12 rounds surely this is going to be recontested! i dont think khan will be happy either to be honest

I don't follow boxing that much but in my opinion the fight was stopped unfairly, I have seen fights with worse cuts been let run.

Khan is not the fighter that his hype says he is. There is a good possibility that he would have won if ithad went on but his punches were not hurting McCloskey.

Do you think the fight would have been stopped if Khan had that small cut and was behind in the first few rounds?

If he was so confident that he was the better fighter why did he shoot down the rematch straight away?

Does he honestly think that he can fight at a higher level?

As I say I'm no expert in boxing, it just seemed a bit unfair to me.

Theblueirish

I would have said the same thing about khan being hyped up also mate in the past but khan defo is a force to be reckoned with now and thats why a promoter like de la hoya has taken those reigns,he has gained experience from very close losses in the past and taken them onboard,this fight tho i predicted an 8th round victory for khan and the commentators said it themselves that khan is too fast and thats what was winning him that fight against a very sturdy and determined irishman who defo deserves a rematch, which i missed the comments of mkhan shooting down btw but i aint surprised as he just wants to climb a ladder really so a rematch i think has to happen. would be an injustice for me lol but i aint no boxing expert either.

Also the referee decision was a little quick but if you think about it,the ref may have said to m,closkey do you want to continue and his answer could have been no if he beleived it was that bad,it was stopped too quick i think to blame a referee,m,closkey prolly thought half his head was hanging off when the referee spoke to him and mclosky almost admitted it in the aftermatch interview if you check back.

Defo want a rematch tho,, but free hehe.

Back