ok now

i had a few glitches but every thing seems ok now at last
i still cannot setmy location
it will not scan full scan only removes all the channels quick scan i get error
so i downloaded myservices & bouquets from the d/l section
all channels except i could not get ss1 ss2 ss3
today chrispeters uploded a update
d/l
all channels now on so i will say thanks :Cheers:to every member that has worked on this great image u now who you are
well done wigan :BLOBBY:

Thank you so much A+++ it is so easy to fix just flash with this image then set your location > scan for channels and your done got everything done in less then 30 mins im watching it right now.

Bugs i found was:

* Volume control does not work it doesnt mute or increase/dedrease volume
* Reponds to remote control few seconds late some times.

Other then that its great image.

we will have a look into the lcd problem to see whats going on

have you tried the settings to make the epg visible ill look into it and let you guys know the exact problem ....

Thank you so much A+++ it is so easy to fix just flash with this image then set your location > scan for channels and your done got everything done in less then 30 mins im watching it right now.

Bugs i found was:

* Volume control does not work it doesnt mute or increase/dedrease volume
* Reponds to remote control few seconds late some times.

Other then that its great image.

I haven't tried this image yet, but have you tried going into the 'Settings' -> 'Audio' and changing from "AVS" or "LIRC" to "OST".

for lcd epg this should work guys

settings/personalisation/service/channel/epg statistics = visible

settings/lcddisplay = visible

let me know how you get on :)

I haven't tried this image yet, but have you tried going into the 'Settings' -> 'Audio' and changing from "AVS" or "LIRC" to "OST".

Ill try that tomorow morning and see if that works.

thanks

This is the first time in approx 2 years I changed my image......had problems with IFA (probably image was glued in !!!:Biggrin2:...could never time the switch dbox on and press OK) transferred it via the null modem/hyperlink terminal method..worked a treat...

Justa want to say thanks for an excellent image, which was a breeze to setup and scan and is way better than the old sportster image I had...:Clap:

Hi there Jimmy still no go for this fix for lcd epg on nokia 2x.....small price to pay i think for such a quality image and fix for last few days problem though!

laky pro on fleabay

Didnt take long for this to appear on fleabay

Just incase you guys missed it .............. probly not

h**p://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Dbox-2-Software-Updated-with-latest-fix_W0QQitemZ130214768669QQihZ003QQcategoryZ39804QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

:feck:

nice try but lousy image ,text on menus overlapping and all over the place.works well enough but just seems a rushed mess

Your supposed to pick English when you are asked after you first install the image.

IDIOT

Do you want us to wipe your arse as well

Good image guys, thanks for the hard work

Generally Nokia's are 2x and Sagem's 1x but it more common to find the odd 2x sagem that a nokia 1x.

if u flash a 1x image and it comes up kein sytem on lcd then flash with a 2x image and vice versa.

put this on a m8's box last night, very nice, hardest part was remembering how to do a dbox, had a dream for a while now. no problems with anything upto now even got lcd working.

ALL HAIL THOSE INVOLVED
:mexican:​

Morning Jimmy, did as above, made epg stats visible, didn't have exactly the same for next one but settings/LC-Display was already visible, I assume that's the same. Checked LC-Display all seemed to be set correctly. This is what I got for channel/epg statistics

TV channels: 219
Radio Channels: 43

EPG Statistics:
$Id: sectionsd.cpp,v 1.260 2008/03/24 19:14:50 dbt Exp $
Current time: Tue Apr 15 10:55:29 2008
Hours to cache: 336
Hours to cache extended text: 6
Events are old 60min after their end time
Number of cached services: 0
Number of cached nvod-services: 0
Number of cached events: 4915
Number of cached nvod-events: 0
Number of cached meta-services: 0
Total size of memory occupied by chunks
handed out by malloc: 3641844 (3556kb)
Total bytes memory allocated with `sbrk' by malloc,
in bytes: 4540084 (4433kb)

I'm still unable to get the lcd epg working correctly, it'll only display the channel not the currently viewed programme. I assume the cause of the problem is also preventing the playtime bar to display the correct info, it's just got a line through it because it doesn't know what's being viewed and hence can't work out the duration.

I've also tried replacing the lcd_epg.conf with the one from Blade Trinity Revisted image and got the same result. (They were both the same size but I noticed in the revisted image it was set to 644, I tried both 644 and 755 and got the same result.)

The image is great so I'm not too fussed and I don't wish to appear ungrateful or unappreciative of all your hard graft and efforts but the lcd epg would be the icing on a very tasty cake.

Morning Jimmy, did as above, made epg stats visible, didn't have exactly the same for next one but settings/LC-Display was already visible, I assume that's the same. Checked LC-Display all seemed to be set correctly. This is what I got for channel/epg statistics

TV channels: 219
Radio Channels: 43

EPG Statistics:
$Id: sectionsd.cpp,v 1.260 2008/03/24 19:14:50 dbt Exp $
Current time: Tue Apr 15 10:55:29 2008
Hours to cache: 336
Hours to cache extended text: 6
Events are old 60min after their end time
Number of cached services: 0
Number of cached nvod-services: 0
Number of cached events: 4915
Number of cached nvod-events: 0
Number of cached meta-services: 0
Total size of memory occupied by chunks
handed out by malloc: 3641844 (3556kb)
Total bytes memory allocated with `sbrk' by malloc,
in bytes: 4540084 (4433kb)

I'm still unable to get the lcd epg working correctly, it'll only display the channel not the currently viewed programme. I assume the cause of the problem is also preventing the playtime bar to display the correct info, it's just got a line through it because it doesn't know what's being viewed and hence can't work out the duration.

I've also tried replacing the lcd_epg.conf with the one from Blade Trinity Revisted image and got the same result. (They were both the same size but I noticed in the revisted image it was set to 644, I tried both 644 and 755 and got the same result.)

The image is great so I'm not too fussed and I don't wish to appear ungrateful or unappreciative of all your hard graft and efforts but the lcd epg would be the icing on a very tasty cake.

I had exactly the same result as above. I'm not that fussed about it either. Just one of those nice touches. Thanks for replying Jimmy

how do i know if my box is 1x or 2x???

hi mate look through the vents through the top on the left side middle if you get my point and look for 1 or 2 chips with intel flash wrote on them you may need a torch to see

ps somebody correct me if im wrong but the chips could say amd on them

and to the poster with the idiot comment earlier if you think this image is no good

a ----- make one yourself
b ----- are you sure its a dbox your putting the image on not a microwave or a turnip,

i cant fault this image one bit i could tell as soon as i flashed it really responsive, very quick key update, looks great and does the job extremly well it was intended for. keep up the good work lads.

Last edited:
Back