2nd Stage Bootloader - I'm confused.

Not quite sure what your trying to figure m8

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

I know mate, what with all the wii and the 360 stuff etc and that going on + work etc. think i need a cup of horlics and some brain cells (again don't answer that) well I've just been reading and it would seem that the 800HD flashing process is reversed as flashing the 800SE is the other way round, (I've often seen it before when people post about backward compatibility, you think i am mate? or am i just back wards with out the compatibility...lol) am i just completely being a total head case...(again don't answer that!)

*Grabs cigs and coffee and wanders out the lab*

Last edited:
OK in that post you quoted what Rat said was correct if your flashing an image with the same bootloader version but the patched loader is not included in the image,

Whereas my quote was if your not on the same bootloader,

And the same rules apply to the both boxes

Hope that helps :)

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

Thanks man, *just can't compute at the minute* I blame sitting in this crystal meth lab,I swear it's having an affect on me, I'm off to bed.....tis been a long, long day! catch you all in the morning for more "dibbers" madness.....hey if i didn't ask some one else would off! *lights out, powering down the lab*

laboratory_02.jpg

So I take it if I type the boxes ip into a web browser there's an option in the web interface to flash images etc?

Unplug the box, then with the power button pressed in plug the box back in, hold the power button until you see the message "stop" on the box's front panel. Release the power button & the ip will appear on the front panel, type that ip into your browser & you then get the option to flash.

just be careful what boot loader you have on it and the image that your flashing of course....before doing any thing i'd suggest making a backup and if it all goes bottoms up then you can flash your image back with all your lovely settings etc.

according to where i ordered it from it'll have ssl82 :)

is all this backup business and flashing all done through the web panel then? I remember my old dm500c, everytime Id try flashing a new firmware on it through dcc using the ethernet i think it was it would lock up and id have to recover it with a serial cable.

nope via Tspanel......makes a complete image for you that you can then FTP in and grab and then store it some where safe should the worst happen you simply flash it back like you would a normal image.

Backup here

Last edited by a moderator:
nope via Tspanel......makes a complete image for you that you can then FTP in and grab and then store it some where safe should the worst happen you simply flash it back like you would a normal image.

Backup here

is ts panel where you press the blue button? is it universal for all images or is it something i'll have to install?

you can download an old version HERE here and then load it to the box using which ever method you want, then update it, i think 4.1 is the latest one, Ts panel is really all you need, it's got the lot. i mean everything! if you ain't seen it yet, then stick your slippers on and have a sit down in front of your box you have a long night ahead of you, in a good way i mean, it's simply got that much on it you'll find your self lost within menus, within menus, within menus, addon's etc. etc.

awesome thanx! how would i install an ipk then? would i use dcc to ftp into the box? or do it from the web menu? or something lol

Yip you can do.

:cool:

Then reboot and the Tspanel will be in your menu, 1st thing i suggest you doing is updating it....it's dead easy mate you won't have any problems, (only thing i can put my money on is you'll never look back once you have it!)

Good luck man..

Dibbs

How else would you install something? Once the files on the box do you have to go into a menu on the box itself?

you can ftp into the box and manually type in the location of the file that you want to install, some people still do it this way...others, like me self, for ease of use, i just do what your doing and install any package files using what you have said, how ever, honest when you get Ts panel working you'll love it, it's got EVERYTHING!

If i ever do a box i do....

Rats channel listing auto ma bob (mint it is!)
TsPanel...

It's all i need after that..!

Ok, im still not entirely sure how I would install something, do you put the file in something like var/temp? And then go on the box, menu addons, install addon and the file will be listed there? I can't remember what I used to do with the old 500c lol

i'd just do it in dreambox control center, upload the package that way matey....

Ok, im still not entirely sure how I would install something, do you put the file in something like var/temp? And then go on the box, menu addons, install addon and the file will be listed there? I can't remember what I used to do with the old 500c lol

It depends on the image you use m8,some come with a file installer included, some dont,
either way you would ftp the file to the /tmp folder then if the image has a file installer use that and it will do the work for you,
otherwise you can telnet into your box and issue :

opkg install /tmp/name-of-plugin.ipk

:)

Back