PS4 exploit game saves

leemoo

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, had an error come up on the PS4 (5.05) the other week and long story short I had to reset the PS4 so I lost everything so it was like I was switching the PS4 on for the first time.
It won't allow me to logon with my online account unless I update my firmware first...which is a No.

I've slipped up by not running the exploit "Backup" to save my user data and game saves etc. which in hindsight I could have FTP'd the folder across.

However I thought I was covered with my game saves as I had been saving them to my USB drive via the own PS backup and save etc. I thought I'd be able to access USB drive and copy my save game back to system storage and I'm "back in business, but when i try to access it needs me to be signed in.....hence the issue with the update to allow me to login.

I can access by PS4 system folder etc. and have tried copying the saved "CUSA00000" folders to a few different folders like "savedata" and user folder but I still cannot access the folders. I'm thinking if I can find the correct location where these CUS folders with my game saves in then I should get my saves back for the games.

I know i'll be logged in as a different user on PS4 now that I have created as I'm not able to use my own account but I have but these CUS folders in the new account also.

I'm hoping someone has had this issue themselves and found a solution....

Can anyone kindly shed some light on this please?

Thanks guys!!

UPDATE!

So I have copied over my save to /user/home/Randomn string/savedata/CUSA0### and when starting a game it is actually seeing the save but saying it is corrupt so will have to revert back to stored save.
I'm taking this as a good sign cos at least it is seeing the save to see that it is corrupt!

Last edited:
Is there anyway to change the attributes of the "sce_sdmemory.bin" and "sce_sdmemory" files?
My files when I copy them over are missing the Execute function 600 but the existing files have this 700

try to FTP the files over and change the attributes ?

Back