1.6L engine to be classed the same as 2.2L Sports car

All this carbon footprint stuff is a load of nonsense.

Lets say for arguments sake that we are comparing buying two new cars with differing carbon emissions and paying the appropriate road tax on each one.

Now lets compare a new Zafira vs a 5 year old one. The guy that is buying the newer car has in theory a larger carbon footprint as the factory that made the car had a carbon footprint. The guy that is buying the older car only has to worry about the actual CO2 emissions that come from the car.

The point I'm trying to make (and doing a poor job) is that if you want to calculate people carbon footprints you need to consider a lot more than just the CO2 emissions from the car, yet we are taxed based on the CO2 emissions alone.

I bet witchy didn't expect all this lark LOL. It was just meant to be a little rant to blow some steam and not a 10 page Q&A (or 11 pages by the time I finish typing this)

I bet witchy didn't expect all this lark LOL. It was just meant to be a little rant to blow some steam and not a 10 page Q&A (or 11 pages by the time I finish typing this)

lol, so true mate. :)

I'm still shocked that my car is as bad as much higher powered cars for pollution, fooking Vauxhall and their cheap engines :(

lol

Getting this error Lizard...

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /images/content/products-and-services/ on this server.
Apache/2.0.52 (CentOS) Server at www.lex.co.uk Port 80

This one works though...

http://www.lex.co.uk/car_tax_calculator

The figures seem way off to me though.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Band M - (255+ CO2 g/km) - £440 road tax
Band L - (225-255)- £415 road tax
Band K - (200-225) - £300 road tax
Band J - (181-200) - £260 road tax
Band I - (171-180) - £205 road tax
Band H - (161-170) - £175 road tax
Band G - (151-160) - £150 road tax
Band F - (141-150) - £120 road tax
Band E - (131-140) - £110 road tax
Band D - (120-130) - £90 road tax
Band C - (120-110) - £30 road tax
Band B - (110-100) - £20 road tax
Band A - (-100) - no road tax

Doesnt affect us yet lmao

This the weirdest thread I've read in a while.
It's gone from Car Tax bands to the state of the Union between England and Scotland.

Witchy is right:

The Zafira is a more passenger efficient vehicle than a 2 seater sports car, ( that's what he meant).

I would go as far to say that the Zafira is also more CO2 efficient than the sports car, because Zafira buyers cart children around so drive sensibly, whereas sports car drivers thrash the bollocks off the cars ( that's after all why they buy them).

Band M - (255+ CO2 g/km) - £440 road tax
Band L - (225-255)- £415 road tax
Band K - (200-225) - £300 road tax
Band J - (181-200) - £260 road tax
Band I - (171-180) - £205 road tax
Band H - (161-170) - £175 road tax
Band G - (151-160) - £150 road tax
Band F - (141-150) - £120 road tax
Band E - (131-140) - £110 road tax
Band D - (120-130) - £90 road tax
Band C - (120-110) - £30 road tax
Band B - (110-100) - £20 road tax
Band A - (-100) - no road tax

Doesnt affect us yet lmao

cheers for that. was looking for something like that. goes down on one car and up on the other.
90 quid not bad for the year. but then 440 kills it on the other one.

ah well

What exactly is Band M, a fooking Hummer, land speed world record jet car?

lol

lol

quite a few cars fall on band M mate, normal cars. nothing fancy.

my petrol car gives off 275 which makes it band m. some jags, even bmw's fall on that catagory.

no f***ing way my focus would by band J...what a fecking rip....i may as well bend over and make it easier for them.......

this seems unjust to me, how the hell was i supposed to know 6 years ago that they were going to do something like this....complete wank

@pipsqueeker thanks for the link

Last edited:
Between the banjo string and the road tax, someone is trying to tell you something witchy.

Stop pumping!

Your next thread will be 'my balls have shrunken, calcified, and look like marbles'.

All this carbon footprint is bollocks in my opinion ! why does britain have to lead the way by taxing the f**k out of its people in the name of "global warming" we are just a little spot on the globe as far as emissions go !! lets look @ china , japan, america, to name just a few lets wait untill they tow the rope before we try to impress the f**g world.

PS: i have a big family to and agree with witchy with regards to the taxation on his car.

can't see the problem, believe all this palava is for cars 2001> so why not buy one <2001 poblem then solved.

lol

I'm also in band M and I have never been anywhere near a rocket or HumV. Hopefully the Tories will eradicate this ridiculous system.

iam going to put ECO on the back off my car then i pay less tax

dont worry m8 by the time the elctions come around labour will be booted out and our raod tax will change

they should hammer 4x4's though just cos women want to look superior when picking up their kids from school

they should raise raod tax on cars that cost over 25k new and are bigger than 3.0 litre

anything under say 2.5 should be normal as most family cars are not bigger than 2.5 litre

Back