1.6L engine to be classed the same as 2.2L Sports car

The thread did not at any time say "my family is large I pay too much', I said that due to the fact that I have a large family and I need a MPV vehicle to transport them around, I find that the goverment is wanting to tax me in the same category as a sports car with a sports engine', THAT is what I was saying, not "I don't know what birth control is so like all the other leechers I want free road tax, fook it while I'm at it give me a free car"

:)

But that exactly what you have meant. So do you think if myself and my wife decided to buy an MPV (though it is only the two of us), that our road tax should be cheaper than if we bought ourselves a two-seater car even if the emissions are the same?

lol there does seem to be a lot of nit picking in this thread :)

lol there does seem to be a lot of nit picking in this thread :)

That does tend to happen when Rants are disected as people argue about implied meaning or change their arguments etc etc.

NO way should a basic family car like a zafira be taxed the same as a audi TT 2.2 etc thats just fuking stupid cars should be taxed by engine size simple as what do common folk no about footprints etc

fcuk that pooto yous are having giggle :proud:

I know where you are coming from chum but Witchy's BendyBus has a carbon footprint similar to the Space Shuttle :banana:

@ Stevemac

No, if emissions are the same than that's all that matters.

Next time I'll be buying my car based on the carbon footprint regardless of engine size, if it's a 2.8L Turbo then so be it. The goverment have changed the goalposts on this so much recently, no wonder there is so much confusion.

It used to be Big Engine = more tax, now it's the level of pollution a vehicle produces that decides how much tax you pay.

Will make for interesting moments ahead when you pop into the local "Sleazy Joes Car Emporium" and start asking about the levels of pollution a car produces instead of engine sizes, powered steering and airbags!

:)

Last edited:
That does tend to happen when Rants are disected as people argue about implied meaning or change their arguments etc etc.

Where did I change my argument?

The only thing that has happened is someone along the way told me the reason for what was happening, no biggie.

I know where you are coming from chum but Witchy's BendyBus has a carbon footprint similar to the Space Shuttle :banana:

orly2.jpg

Hi people..

Just been looking at where my car sits in the tax bracket..

My car emmits 158g/km which is bracket D, i pay £145 tax yearly... on the new tax bracket band D pays £90.. WTF..

Have they moved the the bands ?? because on the new system 158g/km is band G.. £150 WTF for a 1.6 astra... how can my car omit more than a 2.0ltr BWM 3 series..

GRRRR i do hope scotland pays off and votes against labour in the bi-election.. then it wouldnt seem liable to have him as pm..

Now anyone who says theyre pro european are twats if you ask me.. theyre the ones imposing this shyte on the country.. who said its good for everyone??

witchy2k1 iam with you on this one i have a Vauxhall Zafira and 5 kids so now i will have to use 2 cars to go out.

it looks like the less petrol you use the more tax brown wants from you to send to Africa and scotland

Heres the link to the Tax Band pricing.
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motorin...?IdcService=GET_FILE&dID=105171&Rendition=Web

The emmissions seems to be the fairest way to band cars as those with high emmissions are often the most powerful vehicles with the lowest MPG. Obviously it also focuses on the environmental issue we face.

Concentrating on engine size is an absolute waste. A Mitsubishi Evo 8 is only 2 litre but its as powerful and has the same economy as a Ferrari. Would it be fair for them to be in the same price category as a Vectra, IMO no.

gota all agree this government are total tossers, all they do is constantly rape us....
when are they gony draw a line on it?
seat have just launched a 2nd car which is road tax exempt with zero emissions....
any1 see ware this is going? more cars with no road tax means us geting raped sumware else

clues on ware thats gony be any1......... our country is an embarasmet now.....

just my thots guys dont meen 2 offend any1

best laff all day
does any one wont to buy my jeep cherokee 4ltr auto:proud::proud::banana::banana:

all the gov dose is look after other place apart from england

This isn't about England...he is the PM of the United Kingdom not just England...besides that he is a Scot.

I pay effing road tax (VED) aswell, so never mind saying everything is spent everywhere but England. If they spend money in Scotland then good on them as its part of his golden goose.

Last edited:
the pm what the unelected ok

Have you ever elected a pm...I dont think so.
The Labour party elects the leader of their party, same with all parties...you have no say unless you have a vote in their election.

But this is way off topic so just forget it.

We need all the English tax money to help pay for our triple by-passes and disability living allowance, our Motobility cars need to be paid for by someone ;)

Back