1.6L engine to be classed the same as 2.2L Sports car

did u know aswell , when making a car it makes more co2 gasses than the car makes through its life ,

but a top of the range car .ie range rover / porsche will never see its end in a scrap yard and it or its components will be in circulation 5 times longer than any cheaper car

Last edited:
Jeeez - just done a search on a Vauxhall Astra VXR 2005> Tax is going to jump to £550...Guess that's off my shopping list :proud:

the wifes astra sri cdti has gone down to 110 a year ..and thats been chipped to 150 bhp aswell lol

this is a joke ,,

just check my car y reg so it 2001 vauxhall vectra LS 1.8 ;183 co2

ffs that going to cost me £170 this year then in 2009 £260.00 and then in 2010 £270.00

how the f*** can it jump £90 in one year

this has gone way past a joke

Last edited:
never ceases to amaze me with the government,lets think of more ways to make money,

if everybody stopped using cars the gov would be saying"COME BACK WE GOT NOTHING TO TAX YOU ON NOW"

Never did like gordon brown f""king plastic prime minister

I have a for transit 52 plate 2.0 TD

Nothing special it don't go whopping speeds as i t is designed for payload

kinda worried where this leaves me now as i can't find anything on transits and what i'm gonna have to pay.

i must be the only one doing ok as the road tax for my car is £0 per year :)

i just don't think it works..if your gonna be paying 200 hundred upwards you

would probably feel more inclined to use your car rather than it just sitting

there doing feck all..i know i would just out of principal

i just don't think it works..if your gonna be paying 200 hundred upwards you

would probably feel more inclined to use your car rather than it just sitting

there doing feck all..i know i would just out of principal

I am quite lucky in the fact i drive a company car with full private use....I was looking to buy a car for my own use instead of using the company car but this has now put me off!
As quoted above I don't want to pay £xxx for the car to be sat there doing nothing 5 days a week coz i was looking for a Audi A3, Astra Vxr etc.

Just a quickie, if you're renewing your road tax before September and your car is one of the many that are due to be taxed higher than present buy 6 months now and 12 months before March 09. That way you'll save some money.

What car is it mate?

I thought every car paid road tax except 'classics'.

No m8 certain low emission cars pay £0. My m8s wife has a 1.5 diesel Megan and pays £35, next year its £20 and then year after its £0.

My wife drives a 1.6 Megan petrol and its £145, next year £175 and year after £250....wtf...for a bloody 1.6 Megan.

It's all nonsense.

On almost all makes and models the ones with Auto box pay more.

One of my family has a MINI Cooper S, next year his tax is £300. The car was registered on 1-9-06
If it was registered on 18-10-06 it would be £164.

The engine is exactly the same just that the makers tuned the CO2 down.

Absolute farce, it takes no account of the mileage (which they could do via the MOT)

the gov have got to tax you more on your car now they are not getting it from smokers and then the gov to pledge £50million to fight malaria in Africa what about us 1st our people people in the uk with cancer and so on or dont we count

Cancer from smoking is probably brought on by the choice to smoke.

Malaria isnt something you can choose to get or not.

Surprised at that comment karym6....what about passive smokers ??? Cancer happens to non smokers aswell and children.

Cancer and so on like kidney cancer and not just cancer

Last edited:
tut tut,what a stupid comment,could you please point out who made any comment about cancer caused by smoking:confused:.FYI you can get cancer without smoking;)

;)

Back