xtreme bootmaker samflash/samread

Dibbers have you used the option use custom mtkflash within xtreme bootmaker? When you tick this then click detect i/o and you should get a list of all the sata chipsets on your computer. Select the via chipset and then when you boot from the bootdisk it should be set up to read /flash from the correct port. Also before booting unplug all other ide devices.

yeah man, running out of ideas now.

Turned the RAID off in the bios.

IMG_0640.jpg

Then everytime i run mtkflash or samread i get the great well know picture, i might make a t shirt print of it message.!

lolololol

bitch man......

IMG_0641.jpg

it's defo sumit to do with the dam card i think.

If i plug the 360 into the mother board and then disable the raid in the bois then when i reboot and turn the 360 on it's found in the bios.

Of course with having a nvidia mb thats not compatible with the flashing process then i can't read or right, as you can see from the piccy though.

I think i either need to get another pc ( borrowed from work ) or get another PCI card...

sasd.jpg

I think i either need to get another pc ( borrowed from work ) or get another PCI card...

How many PC's ar you going to borrow? ;)

This is better than a Soap opera :)

ollololoolol.........

i have 8 spare ones at work, but the more i think about it the more i think the pci card that i have for some reason is just not booting/working.....when i use extreame boot maker.

I think it's just one of them things, when you think about it when i've connected the 360 to the mb then it is shown in bois when the pc boots, i say it's the dam card.

Probably why the seller was removed from flaebay...

Your work must be wondering where all their machines have gone mate...;)

Have you got at least NET Framework 2.0 on one of the machines? That would maybe explain why xtreme boot maker isnt working?....

yah got, the 3.0 version, tried even installing it...etc etc

Well if its any use matey, I paid £8 quid delivered for my card from here.

I wouldn't say its been a joy by any means but it worked in the end...

ollololoolol.........

i have 8 spare ones at work, but the more i think about it the more i think the pci card that i have for some reason is just not booting/working.....when i use extreame boot maker.

I think it's just one of them things, when you think about it when i've connected the 360 to the mb then it is shown in bois when the pc boots, i say it's the dam card.

Probably why the seller was removed from flaebay...

try booting into windows with sata hd connected to the pci card that will tell you if its working or not

Thank guys.

Yeah i have a sata drive that is connected ( disconnected when i try the 360 ) and it works fine in windows.

Obviously it's some thing to do with the card if sideysid says that the one that he ordered works then i think i might get another one...

I will not be defeated on this !

Thing is that sata card looks like the one that i have in the machine....what the hell is going wrong.

2 pc's and a weekend of booting into dos whilst sipping stella.......not been that bad but i got to crack it.

this is a report from me pc.

[ VIA VT6421 IDE RAID Controller ]

Device Properties:
Device Description VIA VT6421 IDE RAID Controller
Bus Type PCI
Bus / Device / Function 2 / 9 / 0
Device ID 1106-3249
Subsystem ID 1106-3249
Device Class 0104 (RAID Controller)
Revision 50
Fast Back-to-Back Transactions Supported, Disabled

Device Features:
66 MHz Operation Not Supported
Bus Mastering Enabled

Last edited:
yeah man, running out of ideas now.

Turned the RAID off in the bios.

IMG_0640.jpg

Then everytime i run mtkflash or samread i get the great well know picture, i might make a t shirt print of it message.!

lolololol

bitch man......

IMG_0641.jpg

have you tryed disabling the onboard sata aswell as the raid? i had to do this to get mine working?

Well just went down to the local computer store to buy a new sata 6421 one but they didn't have any in stock so whilst i was at it in thought that I'd get a new fan for the cpu as the one i had is noisy, so i gets a new fan, with heat sink of course as they don't sell them on there own, and proceeded to wrench me old heat sink of and to my amazement managed to pull the whole CPU out the slot with out pushing the CPU stick holder thing back in, and thus bending about 15 pins all along the AMD, oh the joys....the joys......so I've sat since 10.30 am slowly bending them all back so they were all nicely lined up!

after installing it and turning it back on to my amazement and frustration have found that in fact it's not the noise from the cpu fan but the noisy fan is actually on my graphics card. oh well can my day get any better.......

So thus putting the pc and all the lovely things back to gether i thought I'd flash me dreambox with a new image and have bust it, flash took ok the box won't restart so i have to order my self a null modem cable as i don't have one..... can the day get any better??? loloool

So now I'm left with the 360......mu ha ha....i will succeed. !

In that picture i have actually disabled all them settings so none of them are on and when i connect it to the on board SATA connections it's found in the bios....somethign telling me that the pci card is not being enabled in the bios when I'm using the boot disk ........any way

moral of todays story ! keep smiling !

lololol I'm going to keep on trying !

Last edited:
man you aint avin a good day!

can you get into the bios of the pci card? they have got one but i could never get into mine?

Last edited:
well you know what they say ! it can only get better !

As you can see when i have the 360 plugged into the board direct and disable the raid settings then it's found straight away.

As you can see from the picture it lists my ms 28.

I just can't get the pci card to be detected at all and thus nothing that plugs into it will be found unless of course i let windows boot up.

I was having a look at the IRQ settings of the pci card and that and was wondering if i changed it to PCI slot one, of course i cant' as the graphics card covers card slot one 1 oh the joys.

I can't see how to get into the bios of the PCI card......any ideas. !

IMG_0690.jpg

i will not be beaten!

i have a toaster in the bathroom........it''s gotta be safe.....

Last edited:
Have you tried swapping around the PCI slots with the card (other that your slot 1 taken up by your graphics card) I had to do this in order to get it recognised...

this card works fine in windows, do you think that would make a difference ?

i mean i will try any thing like......

LMFAO!

I'm speechless mate, you should write a book. :)

I was thinking of doing the guide in PDF format but you might run out of hard drive space storing it ! lolol

i will not give up on this bitch, i will not

p.s can you list your mb ? and do you use a pci card ?

Back