xtreme bootmaker samflash/samread

dibbers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
hey guys,

Been trying to get xtreame bootmaker to work but i haven't got a clue why it's coming back with some kind of error.

I have downloaded the new firmware and when i try and get it to load into it i get the unable to find a matching firmware definition and proceed with caution?

do i use ms28 bad flash compatibility? and what is apply brokes patch for ms28 drives ?

Cheers all.

if i have the correct sata raid driver installed via 6421a do i need the mother board to be 6421a as well...as this is where i think it might be causing me an aching bag

hi m8 i never had one that got recognised but the couple ive done have had no trouble (but dont take my word for it lol) if i remember right unless theyve updated recently it wont recognise any after 5.2.

hi folks.

Well i have been trying to use the mtkflash command on a pc that i brought from work, but i just don't even get to pick my pci card, in fact it starts reading some thing like winbond, and puts a small bin file on the floppy obvioulsly not the firmware from the sammy.

I have tried using the 0800 disk so i've been booting the pc and then the 360 then putting the 0800 disk in leaving it in and then trying the mtkflash command.

I have tried it the other way round so turn the 360 on and then the pc and then boot the 0800 disk and then try the mtkflash as well. ( other post had been made about this )

With not being able to get it to even give me the option of which sata port i want to try and read from i thought i would give samread a go....but i've never used it before and was getting the above error mesages.

Thats why i'm starting to think that i need to have a 6421 chipset MB and not just any MB.

I have 2 pc's here, one of them has to be able to flash the 360...

cheers

hey guys,

Been trying to get xtreame bootmaker to work but i haven't got a clue why it's coming back with some kind of error.

I have downloaded the new firmware and when i try and get it to load into it i get the unable to find a matching firmware definition and proceed with caution?

do i use ms28 bad flash compatibility? and what is apply brokes patch for ms28 drives ?

Cheers all.

if i have the correct sata raid driver installed via 6421a do i need the mother board to be 6421a as well...as this is where i think it might be causing me an aching bag

HI

I have the same sata card as u my sata card has 3 sata cable ports 1 front 1 on the side 1 at the back..

mine will only work when pluged in to the one at the back of the sata card ....

Last edited:
hi mate, ok going to do it now..... ( did you get one of them small driver disks with it?....i threw mine away.....please don't call me a fool )

Maybe i could get the driver from you ?

HI

I have the same sata card as u my sata card has 3 sata cable ports 1 front 1 on the side 1 at the back..

mine will only work when pluged in to the one at the back of the sata card ....

Same as mine, only the back one. Gonna try mine 2morro when everyone has gone out. BTW I read something about using the bad flash method, just like it's a ms28 if that helps.

Frenchman

ok tried the back one and the thing stil won't find it.

As far as i know i think the 360 had never been flashed before....i swapped it for my one that was flashed and went onto live and have just played some originals.

.....any one fire the driver over for me ?

it is an ms28 my drive.....

ah thanks man.

I had to download a pci driver from the net for it and this is the starting point to why it may not be working........so if i can rule that out and then take it from there

Cheers again man

Hehehehe, are you still struggling with that motherboard mate? :) :)

witchy me son, this thing is killing me.

I just end up opening more and more cans of stella and then trying to code...lol

i have another pc from work man that i plopped the via 6421a chip set card in and that isn't working.

Do you know if the pci card is 6421a then does the MB have to be?

and of course it don't help considering i threw the driver disk away.

Smashes face into wall

Who's to say that the sata card is even working properlly in the 1st place?!

lol

Do you have a standard sata drive u could test on it?

yeah on this pc i have two sata slots and connected to them i have a coupleof 250 gig hard drives with a stripped array RAID set up.

tried these and they won't flash the 360 as the mb is nvidia......

* starts to remove slippers and socks and makes a bed of broken glass and sheeps eyes to walk on *

I mean, have you tried attatching one of your normal drives to the sata pci card and see if it works?

If you get stuck with the drivers for your PCI card then I could try and copy them for you, I have a disc with them on, the via sata bit is about 5mb.

Frenchman

ok great, i'd like to start a fresh and at least i know i have the right sata driver.

Cheers man. much appreciated.

looks like thats not the right one, i tried running the set up exe in there and it scanned and then said that the hardware could not be found.....mmmm any chance of another ?

Back