xtreme bootmaker samflash/samread

this card works fine in windows, do you think that would make a difference ?

i mean i will try any thing like......

So in windows does your card show up exactly as the following?

If so I doubt changing the PCI slot would do much, but you could always try... (as long as you don't bust it ;))

system.jpg

system1.jpg

Thinking of wiring an electric heater uo to my face....

I was thinking it can't get any worse but i just found out who my two brothers are...never seen them for 26 year and they decide to get in touch with me today....

dibbers.gif

that'll mean the chuckly triplets.......lololl

dam, im going mad with the pain...

Last edited:
I can only think that some of your other raid controllers must be getting in the way... If you have access to another 'work' pc, have a go installing the card on that.

i'll bring another one home with me tomorrow night....

I have read on other sites theres some problems with 64bit and the flashing of 360's
The next build of xtreme bootmaker will have support for vista 64 but it's only available to donaters right now

Last edited:
i have an AMD 64 bit processor running windows 32 bit....don't ask.....lolol

Still have another pc here that i got from work and it's the basics of basics.....think it's even via chipset but not the 6421a ....but can't get the drive to be seen on that one either.....

yeah been looking it at now but lost me a little.... got the bits i need i think.

started to loose me a little with the injecting....looking at it now...

This is my page where the settings are.

VJ posted a self made mtkflash that covered all these cards that i have been writing to the boot disk and over writing the files on there.

i need some help i think in making the custom flash with my settings, i'm loosing it a little...

mtkflashdJPG.jpg

ah thanks so much man....was at the 06114932 stage and then started loosing it when it came to the hex editor.....ooomph..lol

Right time to try it !

Thanks for you time again ( and patience)

well guys thanks for all, but alas... that didn't work. heads in bits now.....

I'll bring a pc home with me tomorrow night and have another bash.

I've tried just about everything i can think of apart from buying a new card that some one recomends, rather than some one saying so on fleabay.

After all i'm starting to wonder why the seller has been removed from selling.

When i had it attached to the other pc and when i ran mtkflash it kept coming back and saying sutff like reading winbond, and i was wondering what the fook it was, it turns out its the chip on the pci card.

Thanks again to all that have helped.

p.s i even tried mtkflash r /m /sata orig.bin
amd mtkflash r /m sata orig.bin

Some one mentions this else where on the web..

Actually, you don't need drivers since you are flashing in DOS. The card has a bios for operation in DOS.

IMG_0702.jpg

Last edited:
Good luck, have you seen the resin stuff on those chips?!!

Yeap and removed it before with a hot air rework gun,
Just warm up and scrape off with a solder scraper.
bit messy.

lifted some track though, was going to do a socket trick..
got a decent copy of the ms25 firmware, key and a spare chip

:Boo:

well guys thanks for all, but alas... that didn't work. heads in bits now.....

I'll bring a pc home with me tomorrow night and have another bash.

I've tried just about everything i can think of apart from buying a new card that some one recomends, rather than some one saying so on fleabay.

After all i'm starting to wonder why the seller has been removed from selling.

When i had it attached to the other pc and when i ran mtkflash it kept coming back and saying sutff like reading winbond, and i was wondering what the fook it was, it turns out its the chip on the pci card.

Thanks again to all that have helped.

p.s i even tried mtkflash r /m /sata orig.bin

amd mtkflash r /m sata orig.bin

Some one mentions this else where on the web..

IMG_0702.jpg

try makin another xtreme bootmaker disc go into the floppy and replace the mtkflash with the 1 i posted that might work cuz you dont need to enter any commands apart from the samread ect.if ur card has 3 sata ports use the 1 at the very back

i just remembered that when i do mine it says reading from sst****** when its reading or writing does it start to read on yours from this sst?

Last edited:
yeah on the other pc i got this a few times.

But it would read and then tell me that it was not the correct size...

Just tried samread there of the dosdisk and all i get is

port 170, master/slave a0

and then flash type "SST blah blah blah"

And then it hangs, you think i should use extreme boot maker...

Cheers guys for all the help

Back