xtreme bootmaker samflash/samread

mate i had this problem i have the same pci card as you use the atached files and replace the ones on your floppy they are xtremeboot maker files with the write device id and port settins

now heres who i do it

1.remove all sata connections except pci card
2.leave 1 ide dvd rom set to master
3.boot 360 and pc at same time
4.boot in to floppy the samread 1234567 12345
5.in should give you
1.ide master
2.via642a master

power off 360 press 2 wait 10 secs then power on

also if you need the pci drivers il try dig my disc out now for you and rar the files

Last edited:
Not too sure mate but I think he has already tried that, Violentij sent him some patched drivers and a patched copy of mtkflash (i think).

might be worth a try remember when i was tryin 2 get my pc to recognise the card took me 2days was pullin my hair out lol i upgraded to ixtreme today took 2 mins lol

hi guys,

Thanks.

I will be trying this again when i get home from work tonight.

hey dibbers how you booting to dos m8 i was using my pen drive (tried 2) with no luck so i copied my extreme bootmaker files to my c: drive and booted to dos using ntfs dos disc then fired up samread 1st time, thought i best mention it.

hi man, still at it now, ust downloaded the samread files and that and was going to give that a try.

I have been booting into dos by using the diskmaker Bootdisk thing.

I am thinking that i may have to give samread a go, but i'm alittle confused about the serial number 12345 1345

Would i do samread and then my serial number thats on the case??

Man this darn thing,

i just type samread 1234567 12345 m8 any number will do the serial is just to keep a log of the 360 keys incase you do a few

ps i made a mtkflash custom m8 with xtreme bootmaker and that also puts the samread files on

ah balls man, i can't get samread to work either, this is going to be a up hill struggle me thinks.....gutted

Just tried samread there of the dosdisk and all i get is

port 170, master/slave a0

and then flash type "SST blah blah blah"

And then it hangs, you think i should use extreme boot maker...

Cheers guys for all the help

Have you tried disabling the raid in the bios for your mobo....I know my mate had issues until he did that...

yeah mate, got 2 pc's here and one of them hasn't even got RAID on it, and the other one has.

Get this, when i'm using the samread or the mtkflash it's reading the god dam firmware of the cdrom..... yes THE CDROM !!!!

not the 360.

If i unplug the cd rom then the god dam mo fo pc won't boot......

smashes face into a wal...

I have a MS28 and had a bit of a mare getting my VIA 6421 card to work. I've never installed anything so flaky for quite some time, at first it was recognised then not, only one port working etc etc.

This is what I did.

Install latest drivers from here. The drivers on the supplied CD were useless. Apparently SP2 affects these, and my VIA 6421 had a error when looking in device manager. After that it began to come up as a SCSI controller, so I removed everything and reseated the card in another PCI slot, and it recognised it as a RAID controller again.

When installing use the setup rather than windows installing the driver. If it comes up the device is not found, go to add/remove programs and get rid of the old VIA, then run the setup again.
I selected the option just for the driver and not the raid config in setup app also. Check in device manager and hopefully it will listed correctly without any exclamations.

I used Xtreme boot maker 0.5.3 with ixtreme xml patch and used ixtreme firmware I downloaded elsewhere, as the one posted on this forum wasn't working for me in boot maker. I wacked this on a floppy, and changed my bios boot accordingly.

As others have said I had to use the rear sata port on the card as none of the others worked for me. I then unplugged the IDE of my pc's dvd drive, and the pc booted into the
flash program and after typing xread xxxxx xxxx it recognised the 360 drive straight away as xtreme. I then turned off the 360, typed '1' for the drive option, waited 10 secs and turned the 360 back on and it read and backed up the original firmware. I then did the same for xflash and Bobs your mothers brother it was plain sailing from there.

p.s this was all done with the video cable unplugged to avoid the E64 error log.

Last edited:
hi man, Thanks very much for that.

Is there any chance that you can fire over the

I used Xtreme boot maker 0.5.3 with ixtreme xml patch and used ixtreme firmware I downloaded elsewhere, as the one posted on this forum wasn't working for me in boot maker. I wacked this on a floppy, and changed my bios boot accordingly.

xml patch, etc?

I used Xtreme Boot Maker v0.5.3-RC2 from here. Then grab the iXtreme Definition update v1 also which contains an updated 5xDef.xml file that replaces the original one in the Xtreme Boot Maker v0.5.3-RC2 folder.

I then grabbed the firmware from a iXtreme10.rar torrent as the boot maker wouldn't recognise the firmware I grabbed from DW. I ticked the bokes patch on the bootmaker software and made a bootable floppy.

If you follow the guidelines in the dummies guide (violentj's handy sticky :)) of for an MS28 you won't go far wrong from there

tried all that , thanks man, think i'm going to move over and try this whole process again on another pc.

all i get in extreme bot makr when i try and create a floppy disk is object refrence not set to an object, i mean lord have mercy on my sole.

when i go to general options and try and load the firmwar in that i have just freshly downloaded froma torrent it wont load in, even if i try and rar it as it looks like it'strying to open a rar file.

the saga continues.,.............might give up and get me C64 out that has a tape drive and sit for 20 minutes holdeing the play button down as the tape drive was nackered, and it was like 30.00 to buy a new one...

tried all that , thanks man, think i'm going to move over and try this whole process again on another pc.

all i get in extreme bot makr when i try and create a floppy disk is object refrence not set to an object, i mean lord have mercy on my sole.

when i go to general options and try and load the firmwar in that i have just freshly downloaded froma torrent it wont load in, even if i try and rar it as it looks like it'strying to open a rar file.

the saga continues.,.............might give up and get me C64 out that has a tape drive and sit for 20 minutes holdeing the play button down as the tape drive was nackered, and it was like 30.00 to buy a new one...

Man your not having much luck. I've never come across those errors so don't know quite whats causing them.

you could try using xtremebootmaker_0.5.3_rc1 instead with the patch. Don't unrar the firmware or anything, import as is. You did check the 'Format/make bootable' box?

Is the floppy formatted originally? R&W tab down on the floppy? Other than trying on another pc, not quite sure what to suggest.

I was a speccy man myself, and upgraded my zx from 16 - 48k. Powerhouse of a machine. :) Jetpak was the mustard.

i dont meen to show off but i upgraded from a 48k to a 128k with builtin tape drive lol , man i loved dizzy best game ever.

Show off?

That's nothing to brag about mate ;)

Last edited:
i had a dragon 32 for 8 days before they went bust........mooving on...lol

On a computer that has Microsoft .NET Framework 1.0 installed (and that does not have Microsoft Visual Studio .NET installed), when you try to access data using ADO Interop on an ASP.NET page that resides at an identical site and that is hosted on the same computer, you may receive the following error message:
Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

lets see if i can fix it...

RESOLUTION
To resolve this problem, register the Adodb.dll file in the global assembly cache (GAC). On a computer where only the .NET Framework is installed, the file Gacutil.exe does not exist.. Either obtain the gacutil file by installing Microsoft .NET Framework SDK, or create a Visual Studio.NET setup project that uses the installer to install the correct components.

To register Adodb.dll in the GAC, follow these steps: 1. Click Start and then click Run.
2. In the Run dialog box, type the following command, and then click OK:

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\gacutil /i C:\Program Files\Microsoft.NET\Primary Interop Assemblies\adodb.dll

Back