xtreme bootmaker samflash/samread

its strange because as long as you can see the sata card in windows when using extreme boot maker (if you have it) you do not manually have to hex edit, as the prog does it for you after selecting your sata controller. As for possibly not recognising the 360 drive when connected I found that with my via chip I just had to have my 360 turned on before i booted to dos and everything worked fine for me, for a ms28 do the 10 sec trick with sam and everything went straight forward without a hitch.

By 10 sec trick wot u do is samread 1234567 12345 , once u see it stating the following message where it asks for you to select a drive switch off the 360 select the port with the 360 turned off, count to ten and turn it on, it then should read, if not then try sticking in the 0800 disc and try again. do the same thing when flashing cept its the samhack that you type

Last edited:
......cheers, just installing the netframework on the other pc so i can run extreme bootmaker..then i'll give that a bash, been on this for like nearly a week now......

Run me buy the 10 second trick again some one?

Thanks man, can't believe how long this old pc is taking to up date to the net framework......god dam it !

i'll give it a bash, i can't even get it to let me select which drive to choose yet though, not on this new pc. ( previusly covered in this thread)

Gawd i hope this works.

Read on a lot of forums that grounding the console to the pc is very inportant during flashing

xbox-scene say the grounding is pretty pointless, but better safe than sorry i suppose.

DEFEATED !

god dang it.!

Sent it off for a modding.....gutted, some times in life things are sent to test us and this one did, running into my 2nd week of just flashing...and getting no where.

Now that it's in the post there's a few things that i didn't try out of all this.

1. Try a new SATA lead.
2. didn't keep it plugged in port one of the sata card at all times when trying to flash, thought the back of the pci card was port one for some god dam reason.
3. standing on my head whilst sipping a hail Mary and shouting the words " orig.bin be gone "

ahhhh, well, once i get it back and i know defo to flash it i need the 0800 disc then it'll give me a little hobby to try when i get it back.

Thanks to everyone that helped and of course to witchy!

And here was I considering letting u use my pc if you couldn't get that one grafting, Live nr the toon myself,

And here was I considering letting u use my pc if you couldn't get that one grafting, Live nr the toon myself,

ahhh now you tell me!

lolololol.....all ways one of them thing init? like if you buy some thing some one the next day all ways says " oh, i just gave one away etc etc etc"

3. standing on my head whilst sipping a hail Mary and shouting the words " orig.bin be gone "

LMAO, I can't believe you didn't try this!!!

It always works for me.

(you really ought to have tried the other SATA ports on the card mate....tut tut)

;)

i know mate, i thought i was when i was trying that the port on the back was no.1 port *slaps self in face with an anvil*

Back