Xbox 360 Arcade £99.97 ???????

got fifa 09 with it and was looking foward to proper online play, but i guess i'll have to wait.

Now a xbox with wii build quality that would be a console worth owning.

I'm really starting to get put off by gaming recently, nothing has been released on the wii worth owning for some time and my first experiance of being a 360 owner is the same as all the horror stories i have heard, i could top it off by buying a ps3 and spending a few days in a games shop trying to find a game worth playing only to go home empty handed.

You've been exceptionally unlucky mate, trust me the 360 builds are slowly getting better (but still not perfect), take it back and go ballistic.

IMO, it's still the best console on the market for a number of reasons (none of them include reliability ;) )

l sold the wii in the end . love the xbox and tigerwoods is great .. lm sure when u get a working one and its chipped u will love it too ,., 50p a game isnt bad is it lol

The only console I ever sold was a PSP and my beloved Dreamcast, the PSP as good but I didn't use it, the Dreamcast was brilliant but I sold it to get cash for a PS2.

I've kept the rest of them, I've got a mini museum here :)

I'm keeping the Wii as I like Wii Fit :)

The only console I ever sold was a PSP and my beloved Dreamcast, the PSP as good but I didn't use it, the Dreamcast was brilliant but I sold it to get cash for a PS2.

I've kept the rest of them, I've got a mini museum here :)

I'm keeping the Wii as I like Wii Fit :)

Can we have this post up in lights witchy just admited he likes something about the wii (I knew you loved it really!):Biggrin2:

I sold my dreamcast too to get a xbox 1, i regret that now as although it flopped big time i would say it was the best system i have owned.

When I got my PS2 I was severly dissapointed, not because there was anything wrong with it but because the Dreamcast had been doing this stuff for over a year.

The PS2 brought nothing new to the table, it was a major let down for me.

....and how easy was piracy on the Dreamcast, lol :)

BTW, I think Resi Evil 4 on the Wii is the best available :)

I'm still using the original Xbox, mostly to stream divx from my network or play the occasional game, best value piece of kit I ever owned, are these 360's easily modded to stream movies and play backups ??

Early models of the 360 were piss easy to mod but they (Microsoft) have been asking the drive manufacturers to develope better more secure drives, these days your average 360 is a bit of a pain in the arse to mod but they can all be done one way or another, none of them are what you'd call 'hard'.

360 will play Divx etc out of the box, no need to mod.

I'm still using the original Xbox, mostly to stream divx from my network or play the occasional game, best value piece of kit I ever owned, are these 360's easily modded to stream movies and play backups ??

Mine still sits in the living room i still use mine as a media centre, but i don't play games on it anymore, games wise i think the dreamcast was better, thats why i would say dreamcast was the better CONSOLE, but yes the xbox 1 has been a quality bit of kit, very diverse. In fact we have 3 xbox 1's as they have been that good for cheap media players.

l thought the dreambox was ok as a media player but the xbox is miles a head .. no freezin or breakup , buffering on mpeg its a slight pain .. and l do have the odd problem where the odd dvix dosnt play ,,

Never heard anyone ever say a Dreamcast was better than an Xbox!

It may have been slightly sub-par to the PS2 but it was miles behind the xbox (IMO)

My Xbox also sits under my TV, but these days it just gathers dust as I use either the PS3 or 360 for Divx/Xvid or High Def streaming.

My Xbox also sits under my TV, but these days it just gathers dust as I use either the PS3 or 360 for Divx/Xvid or High Def streaming.

My xbox also sits under the tv but it is used every day of the week as a media center, I have the back row skin on it and my wife thinks its brilliant. I think mediastream skin is better but she is the one that uses it.

Never heard anyone ever say a Dreamcast was better than an Xbox!

It may have been slightly sub-par to the PS2 but it was miles behind the xbox (IMO)

only better as a console mate, i had hundreds of games for my xbox 1 towards the end of it's gaming life, yet i never played on it as much as i ever played on my dreamcast................if only sega hadn't made such a balls up of the saturn! and this is coming from someone who has always be a nintendo fanboy (even though i did find it funny that sega had to bow down to nintendo in the end and release sonic games on nintendo systems).

I'm not a SEGA fan to be honest, I find most of their games childish. I did however love the Dreamcast as it had a few excellent non-SEGA developed games.

Microsoft for me have hit the nail on the head, the Xbox had lots of more 'mature' games, was easily hackable, it could run Linux and it had XBMC, the PS2 just kinda faded away for me, I basically went from the Dreamcast to the Xbox.

The only reason I bought a PS2 was because Silent Hill 2 was coming out for it, lol, at the time I was short of cash so my gorgeous Dreamcast had to go to make way for the new version of Silent Hill :)

Did anyone ever download Dreamcast games over a 56k modem? :)

I'm not a SEGA fan to be honest, I find most of their games childish. I did however love the Dreamcast as it had a few excellent non-SEGA developed games.

Microsoft for me have hit the nail on the head, the Xbox had lots of more 'mature' games, was easily hackable, it could run Linux and it had XBMC, the PS2 just kinda faded away for me, I basically went from the Dreamcast to the Xbox.

The only reason I bought a PS2 was because Silent Hill 2 was coming out for it, lol, at the time I was short of cash so my gorgeous Dreamcast had to go to make way for the new version of Silent Hill :)

Did anyone ever download Dreamcast games over a 56k modem? :)

No i had a mate of a mates second cousin removed that sold me dreamcast games, god knows how he got hold of them, wouldn't have fancied downloading over a 56k connection, someone had to i suppose.

lol, yer mate, 56k modem and I had hundreds of games, fooking loved that machine.

I suppose you appreciate stuff mor when you put in a little effort. :)

Let's talk about Shenmue! :) :)

I completed both of them :)

Actually I had a subscription to an unlimited service provider, it cost me £39 to become a shareholder and was given an unlimited lifetime subscription to a free-phone dial-up provider called EZ-Surf, they (we, lol) went bust after around 10 months, but by God it was the best £39 I ever spent :)

Some stuff about the collapse of my favourite ever ISP.............

;)

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2000/08/30/ezesurf_sorry_but_we/

Last edited:
cable do a great 20mb service for the price of a 2mb connection lol

Back