Xbox 360 Arcade taking a price rise of £30 :(

Midnight Tboy

Inactive User
Reaction score
taken from XS

Retailers have told Eurogamer that Microsoft will increase the price of the Arcade Xbox 360 bundle to GBP 159.99 (from GBP 129.99) starting September 1. The five XBLA games will no longer be included in the bundle, either.

Eurogamer was also told that Microsoft will increase the price of individual Xbox 360 accessories by one or two pounds. An independent retail source said this was being done to counteract the poor pound-to-Euro currency exchange rate.

Its this kind of thing as to why people dislike MS.

Arcade console in USA is retailing at $199. The bundle includes an Xbox 360 console with and 256MB of Memory, wireless controller, SEGA Superstars Tennis+ the 5 xbla games,which works out at £122 GBP in todays market.

Yet we have to pay £160 with feck all.

Its this kind of thing as to why people dislike MS.

Arcade console in USA is retailing at $199. The bundle includes an Xbox 360 console with and 256MB of Memory, wireless controller, SEGA Superstars Tennis+ the 5 xbla games,which works out at £122 GBP in todays market.

Which is probably why you're on this website! ;-)

I just bought an Arcade for £109 from ASDA, ok that included a 10% staff discount, but even at full price it's nothing like the prices you are quoting.

The arcade has the 256mb built in memory card and came with XBLA games, only thing that is missing is the free game.

Last edited:
I just bought an Arcade for £109 from ASDA, ok that included a 10% staff discount, but even at full price it's nothing like the prices you are quoting.

The arcade has the 256mb built in memory card and came with XBLA games, only thing that is missing is the free game.

is the memory in the xbox then on the new one ? l have a new spare l havent used , just saving if the ban hammer comes ? it has a card aswell , dont u need to use that then

maybe so...but typically at the moment, when hunting around you can generally pick one up for £99 with little problem....and on a few rare occasions as little as £80 (whsmiths a few days ago)........but when the rrp shoots up to 160 thats still likely going to mean that the typical sale price of 99 will be 130-140 in most places.....and thats still 30-40quid I'd rather have in my pocket

Not quite as bad...but also just read that the Elite console is also no longer going to come with the hd cables and only come with a bog standard SD composite cable (though that may be U.S only)

is the memory in the xbox then on the new one ? l have a new spare l havent used , just saving if the ban hammer comes ? it has a card aswell , dont u need to use that then

If it came with a card mate then it's the older model. The later one has the RAM built in.

What's that got to do with anything mate? :err:

lol

The Dashboard is irrelevant to the chipset.

dosnt have to save to a bigger ram . ie the old boxes dont do it

Only when installing mate, you can remove the memory stick and it will still display the new dash.
l'll try it later m8 , l got from a m8 that used it once at xmas and he gave me the card and extra remotes they might of got them after and do they have 2 wireless remotes from new ?
and 5 original games ( strange looking things they are lol ) or was this after xman u mean with they came with this memory , doesnt time fly lol 8 months old now

Last edited:
They come with 1 wireless controller mate.

What are these genuine games you speak of, never seen such a thing :)

They come with 1 wireless controller mate.

What are these genuine games you speak of, never seen such a thing :)

they were ugly things in green boxes , l but them in the bin in case they contaminated my over games

being a bit picky there m8, he's obviously referring to the baseline price 129.99 going up 30 to *roundabout 160*

for an arcade its 129.99 give or take 2 quid in every shop near me not sure where u are superman ;)

being a bit picky there m8, he's obviously referring to the baseline price 129.99 going up 30 to *roundabout 160*

for an arcade its 129.99 give or take 2 quid in every shop near me not sure where u are superman ;)

I thought he was saying that he was having to pay £160 just now.

Roughly the same prices here mate, prices fluctuate between £110 and £130 for an Arcade.

Me being Superman has nothing to do with it, I'm just fabulous!

:)

I think its a good move (business wise) for MS.

Look at the competition - Wii (rumoured to be increasing price) and PS3 (media centre, not a games console)

Add ban hammers. RRoD and refusing to refurb modded consoles...

They'll sell units but make more.

Or maybe they thought they just had there latest added secret weapon covered ;)

The latter 3 I can relate too... cheeky bassa's sendin me a box back sayin "tampered" :p

Last edited:
Back