Windows 8

Bought Win 8 Pro upgrade here in NZ. Cost me $20 which is around a tenner in proper money!!! Something cheaper than the UK...strange!
Anyway, ran the upgrade wizard, paid my money.... it downloads to a temp file in your User\appdata\windowssetup or something like that.
Once downloaded I can confirm you can create and ISO.
You can print a receipt with your product key on it.
Burned to DVD as my laptop didnt like booting from USB.. (couldnt be bothered to sort) and did a clean install.
Jobs a'goodun and it runs really sweet.
i5, 8Gb RAM nothing out the ordinary.

What I dont like is... its all Windows live user for this, windows live user for that... live live live.... jee I just want to open skype and login...not merge my accounts together!

how can i get this upgrade for 14.99 now, it asks for a legit win 7 key now before i can purchase, is there any loophole to bypass this ?

how can i get this upgrade for 14.99 now
You can't without a key.
it asks for a legit win 7 key now before i can purchase,
You'll need an SP1 key at that. Do they still have the licence keys on the display laptops in Currys etc?
is there any loophole to bypass this ?
There are loaders if you don't mind a hooky copy, but if you want a legit copy you'll have to pay the £25 - which is a time limited offer in itself.

You can't without a key.

You'll need an SP1 key at that. Do they still have the licence keys on the display laptops in Currys etc?

There are loaders if you don't mind a hooky copy, but if you want a legit copy you'll have to pay the £25 - which is a time limited offer in itself.

i dont mind paying the 25 pound, its the win 7 key i need so i can buy it, ? any ideas ?

i cant even find a working activation for my win 7, any ideas for that ?

Last edited:
google daz loader or hazar loader for win7.

the win 8 loader also works (google KJ pirate activator)

you dont need a key if your paying 25 for it mate just for the 15 quid offer

how do i only pay 25 for it ? and can i put it to disc and have the key visible ?

is it better than win 7 ?

i need the 64bit version

you can put it to disc once its downloaded you get a option,
the key is given when you pay and emailed to you too.

imo its better than 7 but for the life of me i cant tell you why but i tend to spend more time on the desktop and you need to take the time to get used to it.
same version for all i think it just checks your cpu and decides for you dual/quad core and it installs 64 bit and i imagine single core it will install 32 bit but im guessing a bit there but you wont find 32 and 64 bit versions.

dont want to sound like im having a go but googling win 8 £25 brings you here Windows 8
just follow your nose and you will be right mate.

...imo its better than 7 but for the life of me i cant tell you why but i tend to spend more time on the desktop and you need to take the time to get used to it.
same version for all i think it just checks your cpu and decides for you dual/quad core and it installs 64 bit and i imagine single core it will install 32 bit but im guessing a bit there but you wont find 32 and 64 bit versions...
You'd think that, in fact I thought that too. But what it actually does is check whether your current Windows OS is 32 or 64bit and installs the equivalent version of Win 8 Pro...

you can put it to disc once its downloaded you get a option,
the key is given when you pay and emailed to you too.

imo its better than 7 but for the life of me i cant tell you why but i tend to spend more time on the desktop and you need to take the time to get used to it.
same version for all i think it just checks your cpu and decides for you dual/quad core and it installs 64 bit and i imagine single core it will install 32 bit but im guessing a bit there but you wont find 32 and 64 bit versions.

dont want to sound like im having a go but googling win 8 £25 brings you here Windows 8
just follow your nose and you will be right mate.

it is giving me 2 options ?

2vubj9u.jpg

which one ?

i want to burn it and keep key safe to write down, so if i ever after format i will have key and disc ready

untick the 12.99 mate or they will send you a disc through the post when you get past that bit and you have downloaded the 2gb file it will ask you at the end would you like to burn or install.

You'd think that, in fact I thought that too. But what it actually does is check whether your current Windows OS is 32 or 64bit and installs the equivalent version of Win 8 Pro...

cheers for that mate, that never occurred to me but makes sense what happens when you do a clean install with it, i just did the update when i installed.

The top option is download only. The second is download + a hard copy in the post. You can also buy the disc later via the link in the confirmation email.

When you click through MS will put your key on screen and will email it to you.

this way your ordering a disc and a download l think ,, the option to download disc comes later

if your unsure mate download a dodgy version first give that a go i get the feeling no one is going to be able to convince you lol personally i think it is but again im not sure why and lets be honest we all upgrade eventually so you might as well get it before the offer goes off and the price at least doubles.

edit: Saying that the more i think about it i use it like you would win 7 soon as i log on i go to desktop and use msn, skype and web browser there its rare i drop back to the tiles but ive done more browsing recently than using apps etc. I dont like the new messenger in win 8 and the way it wants you to have all the contacts in the same place i dont want my email addys and skype contacts in the same place it just makes it harder to get where you want.

Last edited:
i like win 7 but cant find a dodgy 64bit version, i have tried for days, and not succeeded, if i cud use a dodgy working 64bit version of win 7 then i wud, within seconds, unless someone who is using a dodgy version of win 7 and is working fine, cud pm me with active link, or send me a link, i wud be over the moon, i dont really want to go to win 8 but if i cant find a dodgy win 7 very soon, then i have no choice

Back