Why is Sky so hard to crack

Ive seen threads about re-transmission in Spanish holiday areas - and Ive seen other stuff about Sky turning a blind - what puzzles me is why dont the Spanish operators kick off ? Surely they are losing fortunes?
Yep exactly, 'Digital+ Esp' lose out bigtime as well as sky. The problem now is that there are literally thousands of transmitters and masses of areas covered. They did not stamp it out about 7 years ago when it started becoming popular, and it since then it boomed uncontrollably. Now its all been upgraded to digital with the financial backing of spanish mafia, there is some extreme corruption out there. The court system is unworkable and takes a decade to get anywhere, and the local authorities receive money for broadcast licences (hahahaha) so they really arent helpful or interested. Even if D+ managed to get legal backing and went in with a bulldozer to destroy the equipment it would be switched back on from another location within a day.

In 1 area I know of a large group of official satellite dealers grouped together and went 'vigilante' :). They began destroying and stealing the transmitters in an area, but as fast as they could find them and destroy there were double the amount put up lol. You cant fight the mafia.

lol, thanks for the extra info PH.

If that happened in this country there'd be hell to pay.

hmm i think we need a mafia like this for the uk sky

lol

I am guessing that $ky is hacked but due to the fear of $ky coming down hard on sites offering the hack its just a select few who know how to do it.
After all some uni students recently showed how they could hack a chip and pin credit card reader to play tetris. Bearing in mind the amounts the banks spent on securing chip and pin so that no 3rd party code would run on it I would have thought this was more difficult than cracking a pay tv system. http://www.engadget.com/2007/02/07/chip-and-pin-tetris-hackers-can-steal-credit-card-info-too/
Even the DRM on the new blue ray and HD DVDs has already been cracked and this has only been around a short time unlike NDS which has been around for a while.

Not forgetting that hackers like a challenge, and I can't see them giving up on trying to hack NDS

Well Sky always keep on top of it and changed the necryption whenever its hacked. So keeping it priv makes it last longer

Yep exactly, 'Digital+ Esp' lose out bigtime as well as sky. The problem now is that there are literally thousands of transmitters and masses of areas covered. They did not stamp it out about 7 years ago when it started becoming popular, and it since then it boomed uncontrollably. Now its all been upgraded to digital with the financial backing of spanish mafia, there is some extreme corruption out there. The court system is unworkable and takes a decade to get anywhere, and the local authorities receive money for broadcast licences (hahahaha) so they really arent helpful or interested. Even if D+ managed to get legal backing and went in with a bulldozer to destroy the equipment it would be switched back on from another location within a day.

In 1 area I know of a large group of official satellite dealers grouped together and went 'vigilante' :). They began destroying and stealing the transmitters in an area, but as fast as they could find them and destroy there were double the amount put up lol. You cant fight the mafia.

@pinkhelmets

M8 your posts are great reading m8:)

........yes and I join u and we watch Sky on her 250" Plasma using a pirate card. :) ;)

Ps....your turn for the Hob-Nobs this weekend.

no i got them last week and the week before
I'm telling auntie on you and you'll be tried as a traitor
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Yes, but you bought the cheap ones outta Lidl, they are muck and don't count.

McVITES OR NOTHING!

Sky analog was easily hacked here in ireland and there was nothing any1 could do about it at the time as sky didnt have a broadcast License here lol

That's ancient history mate, it was easily hacked all over europe, and Sky did do something about it.

Google Chris Carey.

Last edited:
I thought I posted in here but next day my post didn't show up. May not have pressed post .. or else I posted something that required deletion .... have no idea. Anyhows two guys I know, one of whom I believe adamantly, both tell me a relation has a diggibox with 5000 channels available. I know it sounds like one of these a freend of a mate of a dog etc .... but I wouldn't post it if I didnt think there was truth in it.

European sats

He is probably right but its not true hacked sky, sounds of it he is card sharing or using patched sat box (packed boxes don't support nds) to pickup other sat ( 5000 channels only about 1000 on sky so must be using multiple sats) easley done at up 16k channels with the right size dish. most other sat's providers don't use NDS Videoguard but lesser encryption ( nagra seca/2 conax and a few others) all have been cracked.

Ah .. that makes sense now. Cheers for that. Appreciate it. Darn, have to think of some other holy grail quest now, drat.

HI what kind of box do they use to receive this re transmitted sky signal in spain and what software do they use my m8s over there and he has been askin if i know anything.

how many threads of this nature have i seen since i have been involved in this hobby
i wish i had a pound for every time i've seen a thread like this one

I think another good question is why haven't sky come down on Virgin for allowing Cable piracy to prosper?

My guess with Virgin is they are turning a blind eye as they don't make much from TV services, and people who take tv are likely to take phone and broadband too.

Back