Why is Sky so hard to crack

sky get their money from cable companies for the programmes, if the cable security is broken sky doesnt lose out, the cable companies do

think of it like this

you sell your car, the guy who bought it fits a different car alarm to the one that was fitted when you sold it, 3 weeks later the car gets stolen, is it your problem?

feck me and call me rhubarb (LOL), this thread still going!! or is it another incarnation.....

sky get their money from cable companies for the programmes, if the cable security is broken sky doesnt lose out, the cable companies do

think of it like this

you sell your car, the guy who bought it fits a different car alarm to the one that was fitted when you sold it, 3 weeks later the car gets stolen, is it your problem?

but sky do lose out, people that might have forked out for sky have got pirated cable instead !!!

but sky have been paid for what them people with educational boxes are watching by the cable company

there are actually people out there who are paying the cable companies to access the channels, no, really there are lol

but sky have been paid for what them people with educational boxes are watching by the cable company

there are actually people out there who are paying the cable companies to access the channels, no, really there are lol

im talking about the peeps who were originally going to go direct to sky and get a dish, but decided to get an "educational" box on cable instead !! dont get me wrong if I was standing on a soap box I assure you it would be made from a stack of Pace digi boxes. ;)

sky know it goes on, but again its down to the cable company as if their system was more secure then you would have gone to sky, if you want the relaibility of knowing its not going to go off at any moment then you would still get sky instead of an educational box, or a proper cable co subs. but taking a cable feed costs sky nothing in regards to their churn figures or subscriber base, the only real damage that gets done is to the cable co's

id love to see sky blown out of the water lol

Well maybe thats why Murdoch has double the fee for virgin...try and recoup some of that theoretical lost revenue.

Hi Guys

I have been with sky from day one and still am. I did d2mac - multisat
and big dish for years. BSB , Ondigi as well and still kept it on. I know
its expensive when you have the full packages , but they do put some
good stuff out at times. If you go for cable , you get a limited amount
of channels, so don,t get the full service. I know tons of folk who went
to cable and within 12 months , they came back to sky. Even i knock
the packages down and then back up, now and again. You must admit
their sport coverage is awsome and the cricket , thats what i,m into is
brill. We have just had the whole of the cricket world cup live, now
what cricket fan needs more. No i don,t work for them , and i think
they have too much power. That much ,that i don,t think anyone will
compete against them because they have the monopoly.
FEZZY
P.S. Question for the quizzies amongst you.
What was the first ever film that sky scrambled on air ???
Answer ------ next thread!!!!

Answer to - What was the first film that sky scrambled on air.

!!!!!!! ROBOCOP !!!!!!!

FEZZY

Hi

Yeah , but , look at all the info you got back !! Just think , at a later date
you may need it.

fezzy

I understand the weak link in sky channels is the uplink. Apparently this is what some of the bookies used some years ago.
I believe it is still the weak link for satelite, as this travels unencrypted.

I understand the weak link in sky channels is the uplink. Apparently this is what some of the bookies used some years ago.

???????

lol, do you think that the satellites encrypt the channels??

And how exactly do you aim a dish at an uplink??

Yes this is a mis-understood myth. This actually refers to 'feeds' which is a broadcast that may be unencrypted and is transmitted to broadcasters so that they can add their branding, encrypt and re-broadcast. Bookies did use feeds years ago to get broadcasts live as do many hobbyists still do now, but its nothing to do with sky channels.

it cannot be hacked at all it never will be at all sky spendway too much money on there encryption backed up by all there knowledge and experiance inthe tv market pal dont beleive wat you hear about cards and chipped boxes

Hi Guys

Sky is cracked !! Pinkhelmets is on the right track.There are only a few who
can do it and they don,t reside in u.k. So if any body tells you, they know such
a person , he,s pillicking you. When Sky first started using cards, ( before digital )
they were called by numbers eg. sky9. sky10 etc. In them days the only true card
that was hacked was the sky9 card. It was done so well, that they could not kill it
for quite a while, as it had whats called a blocker in the software.

There was also a Emulator that worked quite well. This was started by the guys over
the water, who were also very big star trek fans. There was a new star trek series
out called Voyager and was being aired on uk tv ( sky 1 ) and not for love of money
could these guys watch it. So this is when they wrote a software and called it, guess
what, you got it in one !!! Voyager !!! It actually worked quite well, and in time they
added more formats to it, d2mac etc and it even did digital.

The reason you don,t see it about in the u.k. is because there are very high penalties
if caught , big fines and even jail.

Hope this has helped.

fezzy

my name may be mentioned in that last post but I'd just like to say it has nothing to do with my views :).

-----also who thinks this thread should be closed ? lol
Some say it can 'never' be hacked, some say it can, some say it is.

its going on and on round in circles, and is there any point.....

Last edited:
every encryption can be cracked and emulated .etc

but!

1. u need a proper super Geek!
2. u need alot of cash
3. u might need access to a supercomputer
4. u will defo need to bribe a insider
5. once u do crack it u will never tell !
6. if u did tell or showed sky would just change or get a way round it
7. if u get caught u will be picking up soap which has a sky logo on it!
8. then threads like this 1 will start all over again!
9. if u got hard proof and backup evidence of sky being cracked then post with ur proof not friend of a friend .etc
10. Please close this thread as its gettin too big and wasting server space !

just what i think guys

;)

Back