Why is Sky so hard to crack

a little more info about how sly digital can possibly be hacked here http://www.smart2check.com/skyindex.htm and here http://www.answers.com/topic/videoguard

also found this info on another forum :

Predator 3.11

For Dragon Module.

New:
Support for ORIGINAL NDS cards for UK Sky Digital added.

Important: in order for the NDS premium channels to work you
need to (apart form subscribing that is..):
-Tell your Dragon the serial number of the original Sky box your card is married to.
You can find this 10-digit number in the menu of your original Sky box,
services->system setup->system details.
You need the SERIAL NUMBER (and NOT the viewing card number!)

Now go to the menu of you Dragon, settings->NDS Box serial.
Here, enter the 10 digit serial number including any leading zeroes.
If your NDS card was already inserted into the Dragon, remove and
re-insert it after changing the Box Serial.
Now you're all set!

Failure to set the box serial will result in movie channels and other premium channels not
opening.

Last edited:
Sky use the NDS videoguard encryption, as do all News Corp companies as NDS is owned by News Corp. But as of May 2007 sky italia changed to a new version of videoguard, (NDS3) with new cards being issued, as i understand it NDS has been hacked but not made public. but changing to NDS3 scuppered it.

You can use original NDS Videoguard cards in the Dragon CAM and Dreambox and i think the Diablo CAM, but only the Dreambox and the Sky Digibox can update them.

quick and easy reply to this really cannot and will never be done end of lol

I agree totally, as soon as anyone gets near another sucurity level is in place, but should this mean people should stop trying? I think not, as knowledge is power!!!!! But personally I wouldn't try to as i think it would be a waste of time but I hope someone can oneday prove me wrong!!!! anyways this discusion is becoming increasingly long!!!! will it ever end???

Last edited:
i take your point but if noone tries noone gets ......

if you can use a dragon cam or dreambox this means the system is understood to a large extent

PIJ

my name may be mentioned in that last post but I'd just like to say it has nothing to do with my views :).

-----also who thinks this thread should be closed ? lol
Some say it can 'never' be hacked, some say it can, some say it is.

its going on and on round in circles, and is there any point.....

Leave it open mate, It's entertaining.

Fezzy's post made me laugh.

someone should have a go with a dreambox, i take it its probably gonna be the 7025 thats the best do it with eh!!! so all we need is someone willing, someone with a dreambox, and someone with a sky subscription!!!! anyone? lol

Do what exactly?

If you mean open Sky with a legit card then I've done it on my DM500 and probably everyone else has aswell, it's old news.

yeah but can you not have it so that from the one subscription it is shared over the house? or even with neighbours?

Yes mate, easily, you can share it all over europe if you want, but we can't discuss it here.

sharing is very old news redwatty, but its not suited to this section as we have many other satellite rooms for satellite discussion. However no direct discusion of sharing sky cards is allowed on the forum.

My last post on the subject as its getting very boring. A good while back i
was told that every time they change cards , it costs in the region of £4 million
which is expensive and the more money they throw at it the more secure
it gets .

Thats it guys

fezzy

Back