Which Dreambox ?

Bilals

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello guys I'm looking to buy a dreambox for sat which one do I buy? I'm looking at the 500, 500hd or 800hd. There are so many out there on the market I have been told to stay away from clones but after doing some reading there not that bad after all. so I don't mind clones but which one to go for I would not mind the 800hd but I have read many problems with them there glitches,freezes and doggy tuners? I'm looking for a easy setup and a stable box that ain't going to give me trouble upon trouble. Sorry if I make it sound like I'm after the perfect box but I don't want to buy one that I'm going to regret after.

Please if you can advice where to buy from ?

Which one to buy?

Why to buy the one you have suggested?

Advice would be great guys want for yourself what you want for your brother :).

Thanks

Hi
I'm inthe same boat as you,I have done some reearch with DM800 and the conclusion is the clones with the new Rev M tuner is the one to go with.I'am just waiting for peoples feedback.
Not sure about DM500

for ease of use and easy setup, it has to be the standard 500s, half an hour and your up and running!

If you have the money,i would go for the 800 hd if you want a clone, yeah the latest one with the rev m tuner, you can view in high def with the 800, but if you just want a cheap box then go for the 500. If you are going to buy a genuine box then i would not waste my money on A DM be it the 500 hd or the 800 hd as they only have one tuner, i would go for a Vu + Duo with twin tuners and for less money than a Genuine dm800. bear in mind though that these boxes all run on Linux and they are not just plug and play. If you have a reasonable clue about computers then a Linux box is perfect, but if you are not prepared to do days, weeks even of reading then a Linux box is not for you.

If you are going to buy a clone dm then i would try Ukdreamshop, or satfool deals, both are good but satfool is more expensive.

i own a VU+ Solo (£265)and it was easier and quicker to set up than my dm500s. (£50)
i would recommend you go for that or even a VU+ duo (£360) if you can afford another 100 quid.

if the dm800hd really does work properly now, then i would advise you get that cos it can be had for 150 quid.
i too would like to know if all of the issues with the dm800hd have been ironed out with the new rev M tuner.

If you want a really basic box where you just want to watch TV then its the DM500.

If you want a basic box but with recording functionality, then you want DM600.

If you want a box with recording and high def functionality, then you want the DM800HD.

If money is no object then you want a Duo.

Whichever one you get, you have to be prepared to do some work but that really shouldnt put you off because there are enough people on here who would help you every step of the way.

Regarding clones, i use them and have no problems at all. Know people who use them and have no problems at all. You only get problems if you happen to get a duff one and as they are manufactured in china by people who get less in a day than what minimum wage per hour is here, you are likely to get the odd duff one. I'd say 1 in 15 depending on who you buy from.

if you wanta easy to set up HD sat box you might want to consider the Blade Media bm7000s PVR. £150, no tuner problems runs cccam or newcamd as a client.

thebigman

if you wanta easy to set up HD sat box you might want to consider the Blade Media bm7000s PVR. £150, no tuner problems runs cccam or newcamd as a client.

thebigman

That's ok if you just want a client but if your going to be doing c/s then it's not really upto the task, you could of course then get a pc server but then that's even more cash.

There is supposed to be a 7 day epg coming in the next firmware upgrade.

thebigman

when exactly is this new release big man?
this box can very easily go on my christmas shopping list.

not sure just rumors at the moment, you know how these things go. What i can say is if you want a cheap hd client box its worth a punt. Divx and mkv files can be played back via usb stick or harddrive.

thebigman

i personally would not touch it unless there is a confirmed 7 day epg.
because yes, i do know how these things are.

especially with these new bottom market recievers.
they just dont have the support.

thebigman

Can confirm that this box runs superb as a client, just need this new update as the software is very basic but everything runs spot on! This is how the dm800 should be (hardware!)

I was looking at getting a Blade 7000 hd but I was advised to stay away from them because its not a linux stb and it can't do cs stuff

I was looking at getting a Blade 7000 hd but I was advised to stay away from them because its not a linux stb and it can't do cs stuff

yes it can
but it has problems wit certain routers getting a ip .
i had issue with netgear.

I was original looking at getting a Vu+ duo or solo but t be truthful I really don't want to pay that. So am now looking at getting the Blade or the new Dm800hd clones

I was original looking at getting a Vu+ duo or solo but t be truthful I really don't want to pay that. So am now looking at getting the Blade or the new Dm800hd clones

So which did you guys go for? I'm looking to get one for the bedroom - From what i can see on e-bay price-wise the DM800 HD - £170ish and Blade BM7000S HD- £140ish. So is the £30 difference the name or is it better technically speaking?

The blade has nowhere near the support of the dm800hd.

the big turn off for me was the fact that it only has a now and next EPG.

The blade has nowhere near the support of the dm800hd.

the big turn off for me was the fact that it only has a now and next EPG.

I guess the support aspect would be more important for me. Never really bother with EPG - as i'm mainly flicking through to see whats on / know what prog i want to watch or mostly its background noise while im on the PC.

I'm figuring the clone DM800 (M tuner) works with the standard images fine?

Back