Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Which brand of DVD+R DL disks do you use

Which brand of DVD+R DL disc do you use

• Verbatim

Votes: 58 45.3%
  • Traxdata

Votes: 15 11.7%
  • AONE

Votes: 14 10.9%
  • Datawrite

Votes: 17 13.3%
  • RiDisc

Votes: 21 16.4%
  • Other

Votes: 23 18.0%

• Total voters
I just bought some Infiniti dvd+r dl 8.5 gl disc from town thought i would give them a try and they work great on my hitachi drive bootup first time .

i just bought some traxdata for ?10 for 10 from a computer market and a pioneer 111d for ?20 as well.

flashed the firmware with latest and backed up my copy(verb) of smackdown vs raw 2007 with clone works 100% on sammy drive.

not sure if they work on hitachi as i dont know anybody with an hitachi.

just wanted to bring these to peeps att: grim : : grim : : grim : : grim : ention
http://svp.co.uk/products-solo.php?pid=1689

they burn fine at 8x on a pioneer 111d and i havent had any reports of them not working on any drive as of yet

maybe a good alternative since there seems to be a verb shortage on at the mo

half decent price too-now just need printable ones

verbs for 100% quality..
Ive tried RiDisk 8x Dual Layer DVD+R Printable 25 Disk Spindle with very poor success on Hitachi.. only 4 disks out of 25 working properly...

ive only used verbatim dl+ burn with pioneer 111d never had any problems 100% working 10 games so far no coasters

Cheap and cheerful disks

Hi,

Big Maggot are selling tubs of 25 dual layer ritek printables with CMC D01 dye at £17.49 each.

I tried burning with my phillips drive and got immediate coaster. However have now upgraded to Pioneer 111D, and everyones' been a winner since. Using with Hitachi drive. Have only tried burning at 2,4 speed. Suspect they don't go faster - but for 70p a disk who cares.

If you order 2, and enter the following promo code 'disqworld' you'll get free next day delivery - so £35 for 50 discs delivered

I wouldn't bother with these unless you have Pioneer 111d burner though. They seem very fussy.

Cheers, Oog

Aones only one available near me at the mo £8.50 for 10 burn fine at 4x but at 6x get error at 52%

work on both sammy and hitachi drives burnt with pioneer 111d with 1.29 firmware

went to my local computer shop bought a 10 pack of mirror dvd+r dl printable disks cost £10 and burned 10 games at 2.4x and all worked fine so im going to buy alot more of these

what about these

will these ones do there in my local shop http://www.microdirect.co.uk/ProductInfo.aspx?ProductID=16018&GroupID=54
i bought one verb to try and opted for them aone disk instead of the philips (link posted ) what a mistake all to save 2 quid or something
the aone disk was the biggest pile of sh*t i have ever used it copied ok but when it came to playing on the aone disk the game was realy choppy and sort of sticky feeling
i burnt the verb wiht the same game and it ran as smooth as an origional game but as stated in the post the verbs are very dear would the philips ones i posted be ok ?

if the philips are the actual philips dye then yes-if they are just some naff dye using the philips brand then no

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

if the philips are the actual philips dye then yes-if they are just some naff dye using the philips brand then no

how would i know what dye they were using ? and if i did ask in the shop whats the name of the dye i expect to hear off them ?

Last edited:
I use Ridisc silver and purple top. So far burned 30 backups with these and not 1 failure. cant be bad when 17.99 for 25.

Any one who uses verbs look again. I was the same, a verb only man but these discs really do work 100% with Pioneer 111d.

I can only speak though for the purple / silver top discs. I know ridisc do different colours and dyes etc and wouldnt want to misadvise and buy the name rather than the right disc.

hope this helps.

Happy New Year 2 You all : spook :

the problem with manufacturers like ritek/aone/datawrite ect is they have a tendancy to change they dye there using i am a verb only man,i dont mind paying extra because the dye wont degrade anyware near as quick as it does on other discs

i do try all the new dyes as there released and the traxdata purpletop 8x discs are the best cheepies ive come across-and proper philips dye discs too-but these seem quite hard to get hold of

i am a verb only man,i dont mind paying extra because the dye wont degrade anyware near as quick as it does on other discs

and the traxdata purpletop 8x discs are the best cheepies ive come across-

same here m8, i bought 40 of these purple traxdata you mentioned, and only lost one, and i think that is because i tried to write it at 6x in my 1to1 duplicator, and it didn't want to, dropped speed to 4x and the rest were fine.

but verbs, never let me down, and i have stocked up on em as well, i have 6 full tubs of 10 and 5 loose on spool, i hope some new games out soon.

Ricoh+R DL

i`m new to this,i bought 10 Infinity +R DL for £26 (i got robbed)and not one worked..they all said dirty disc whilst halfway through loading..then i remembered i had flashed with Xtremev4.2a which means i can boot the DVD`s at full speed (x12) or slow read (x2-x4),you do this by booting an original first(can also be Xbox1 DVD)and then doing a reset and swapping dvd`s..they all worked bar one which was region locked.
Today i bought some 2.4 Ricoh +r dl for £14 for 10.So far i have used 6 and all booted 1st time at full speed...i write with a NEC 4570a at 2.4 speed and have a Sammy 2.8 dvd drive in my 360..
i`ll try ritec extreme next..but i also fancy the Datawrite Titanium because of there durability..i`ll report back in a week.

I can tell you I wont be using Infiniti 360 discs again for fooks sake wots wrong with this writer Pio 111D just bought 25 first five have failed. They're going back to the shop tomorrow for some stern money back they said theyd work.

Back