Votes: 21 16.4%
  • Other

Votes: 23 18.0%

• Total voters

Highlander

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
as title says, click which brand you use, and then post of your results, speed, writer you use, experience, recommendations, price, where you buy em from etc.....

me, i have only bought 10 so far, and i bought Verbatims at £18 for 10 from a warehouse in Trafford Park, burned 6 on my Pioneer 110D at 2-2.4X all 6 played well, apart from Open Season, sound was coming and going in the video at th estart, but i don't know if that was the original image or something at my end.

ive always used the datawrite about £16 for years untill i got a few files on ridisc they worked fine and i noticed at the computer fair the were a couple of quid cheaper about £13 so i swapped no harm done

i have tried all ov the above--it comes downto the dye on the disc rather than the brand(but aone are appaling)

but now i use nothing but verbs-burn at various speeds on a pioneer 111-only discs id burn at 8x-never had a bad burn or a spas out at 52 percent done

but if your on a budget go for the cmc mag dye or the philips if you got a sammy

and the ritek g01 dye for hitachis

Tuff Disc Dvd+r 2.4 speed £12.00 + delivery 10 pack burn 3 games so far with no problem :)

i always but trax or ridisc but the shop where i buy only stock trax now £15 for 10 but im gonna get the ridisc posted in the bargains section next 25 for £19 i think its is

ive only used verbatim....... and they have ben good

i will stick to these

cdr e performance 100 for a tenner, and dvd-r budget 100 for 15 squid at pc fare all burn no problem

just tried some datarite printable 25 for 19 quid-and ive given them away there shiiiiite-supposed to be 8x discs-they struggle to burn at 2x-the printing surface is pants(and datawrite are usually ok)and much slower booting than verbs
disc read errors too-even tho burnt at well 1x basically on a pioneer 111 and going in a sammy drive
cheap-but cheap for a reason--stick to verbs-there worth the extra pennies

Last edited:
I'm using Verbatrims Advanced Avo discs and they work a treat on the Sammy ms28 drive.

Is anyone using these on a Hitachi drive?

man verbs are by far the best disc,they work on both perfectly--just need the price to come down on embest i can get em is 40 notes for 25 discs--but saying that after trying all the others they are defo worth it

Ive Used over 150 Verbs and not one error, all at different speeds as well? first class if you dont want mind spending the extra few quid, but on the other hand ive also started using Aone which work fine for me over 30 done and no errors, but can only get them to write at 2.4 speed and at 80p each for printables is half the price on verbs.

So there both been good all depends on a number of factors really

Speed verbs

quality both worked fine for me

Price Aone

:Cheers:

I use Traxdata because they are cheap and i never get any read errors.
i use both my pioneer and nec burner for them.

dont use mediarange duallayer, alot read errors even when burned with pioneer burner.

HI

Just been to buy some verbatim dvd disc from town and ever shop are selling them in pack's of 5 for £29.95 pence wow what a ripp of man

thats pcworld and currys for you fella-go online or lpc shades-i think theres one in your area-40 for a 25 pack

hello m8 does that shop near living world sell the verbatim dvd disc if so how much are they..

i have seen them on ebay for £19.99 then £5 for delivery and that's for 10 pack

i use traxdata the gold disks 2.4x

they cheap and so far out of 30 disks all have worked without problems

Back