Votes: 14 10.9%
  • Datawrite

Votes: 17 13.3%
  • RiDisc

Votes: 21 16.4%
  • Other

Votes: 23 18.0%

• Total voters
Just to let you know Ridisc printable dvd+r Dual layer 8x 25 tub for £16.80 + delivery from RiDisc Printable (8x) Double Layer DVD+R - SVP and burn 4 game image 2.4 speed to be in the safe side (never tried 8x) and it burn with my pioneer 111D 1.23 using clonecd and play to my samsung drive with no problem :)

just try burning at 8x---im betting youre gunna find that they wont go any faster than 2.4

If similar as the datarite printable 8x 25 tub because you already tried them you are right m8, i'm happy burning at 2.4 speed at the moment, but i might try to burn 8x one day just to waste my dvd+r dual layer :)

as far as im aware other than the branding there exactaly the same

used verbatim to copy my first 10 games. just downloaded splinter cell and burned onto a Mirror with no bother. £12 for 10, full face printable. only 2.4 write with my NEC 3520 but 36 mins ain't no thing for a cheap game.

Jimmystol where did you get them for at that price? The cheapest I could find them was £15 at cdrmedia

just tried some datarite printable 25 for 19 quid-and ive given them away there shiiiiite-supposed to be 8x discs-they struggle to burn at 2x-the printing surface is pants(and datawrite are usually ok)and much slower booting than verbs
disc read errors too-even tho burnt at well 1x basically on a pioneer 111 and going in a sammy drive
cheap-but cheap for a reason--stick to verbs-there worth the extra pennies

do you think that this is with all datawrites?

UKDVR have Datawrite TITANIUM at 70p each until the 12/11/06

Datawrite TITANIUM **Dual Layer**(2.4x) DVD+R (25 tub) :: Dual Layer DVD+R :: DVD+R :: UKDVDR Ltd

i dont quite understant datawrite at the mo-they usually use the cmc mag dye-which ive found shit for dvds but good for sammy 360 drives

but the last few datawrite ive come across have had the ricoh dye-which is a derivative of the naff ritek dl dye

but the ones in your link are cmc mag-and i have used them b4 with good results-on sammys-hitachis hate em-and at least there not claiming to be 8x

if you have a sammy give em a go-if they were printable id be tempted but till i find a disc that can hold a candle to the verbs i guess ill stick to paying thru the nose

but i stand by my opinion that there cheep for a reason

the best non verb i have come across was rivision printable with a cmc mag dye-but they even seem to be using the crappy ricoh dye now

I've used and tested some various brands of media here are my findings..

Verbs. Best all around disk. work flawlessly on both hitachi and samsung drives.

Aone 8x Non Print. Got these and was very impressed shopneo.co.uk has them for 72p each. work find on both hitachi and sammy drives. personally use these as cheap as chips now. could only burn 2x on my sony (dru-710) writer but 8x on my m8ts pioneer 111d

Datawrite Titaniums. Good all around disk. work good on both sammy and hitachi but 1 in 15 disks seem to fail on samsungs. reburn of the same game works fine tho.

Ridisk Xtreme. These disks do work. I've head really well on a samsung. but I've had bad experience with them. I had 1 pack of 10 give me dirty disk errors. another pack the loading time on my hitachi was reallly slow. but ok on the samsung. personally I will never get these disks again.

Mirror Printables. A few friends use these disks. and have no issues with them at all. but sometimes games dont work. but work fine when burnt on a aone or verb disk.

this is just me experience with various brands. hope it helps.

Verbs for me, work on my 360 and any other dvd that need dl . I just tried aone media, but the 360 or dvd will not read them . on the dvd.films or interactive games crash when it tries to read the second layer. On the 360 it just will not read them . I have an hitachi.

traxdata and verbatim both worked on my hitachi

got 10 x verbs for £20 and 10 x traxdata for £11

hi

has anyone tryed the phillips dvd 8.5g disc yet just seen some on ebay

the philips dye is very good-almost on par with the verbs

i got some a while back
cheep too and burned happily at 8x good printing surface and no booting probs on either machine-but can i balls remember what discs it was on-obviously im assuming philips will be using there own dye on there discs

id appreciate a link to that one john as i wouldnt mind some more

lol i guess were gunna have a similar poll to this if the single layer firmware works out well

at least you can get 100 single layer verbs at maplins at the mo for 20 notes

Philips 8.5 Gb

here you go m8

10 PHILIPS DUAL-LAYER 8.5 GIG DVD+R DISCS IN 10 TUB £13.99

Item number: 110058536473

20 Philips 2.4x 8.5GB DVD Double Layer - 20 DISCS £27.00

Item number: 330051756378

will they be any good on the xbox hitachi drivers or should i try and see....

thanks

cheers john,yeah as i said ive found them to be almost as good as verbs-fine for hitachi,and cheaper too

Just bought 25 datarite printable with ricohjpn d01 dye from ukdvdr, what a piece of sh*t these discs are.Can't burn a single disc with my pioneer 110d v1.41, after 52% speed falls to .5 then after about 60% stops all together, I wouldn't even give the rest of these discs to anyone.I'm now trying to find pritable Verbs from somewhere it looks like I'll have to pay through the nose for quality.

the verbs may be more expensive but end of day they are alot cheaper than paying for each game

hi

just bought some philips dvd+r 8.5 gb of ebay burn a game at 2x speed when i put in my hitachi drive will not play .... anyone help or no why

have tryed in sammy drive it bootup ok then frezzes have tryed 3 diffrent copys

thanks

Back