Which 10" tab?

roachieuk

Elite Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Was just wondering what you would suggest I'm after a 10" tab I have a budget of around 160-220 at a push and was wondering what you would suggest? And I don't really wanna be gettin none of the china makes nothing against anyone who has them just had bad exp in the past with them.

I have been lookin at the Xoom 2 or Samsung tab 2 10.1 so if you could give me your suggestions I would be much appreciated.

I will be using it for some light-med games
And mainly for Skype and I'm and twitter.

Thanks a lot for all help in advance

dont think you can go wrong with the sammy rochie :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
Yeah this was my thoughts tbh as i did have the 7" model and it never gave me no probs i swap tabs like there's no tomorrow lol.But ive always wanted a decent 10" one.

But thanks for the suggestion its more than likely gonna be the Samsung in the end just want to see what other peeps would recommend before i splash out.

i would scrap the 10" plan and get the new nexus 7 when it goes on sale in a few weeks, iv had a fair few tablets over the years, and the big bulky 10" models are just too much in my opinion, yes you get a nice sized screen, but other than that theres not alot the nexus will differ, in almost every case it will kick the arse off the samsung 10.1 or the xoom, and the lightness and portability makes its so much easier to use and hold for long periods of time. ill be buying 1 when it goes on sale, and ill also be buying the ipad mini 2nd gen if it has a retina display as the ipad mini was in my eyes, the absolute perfectly sized tablet, but could be a few months before thats even mentioned never mind released.

the gadget show on monday did a tab test and the sony experia z came top plus it is water proof very good screen

the gadget show on monday did a tab test and the sony experia z came top plus it is water proof very good screen
at almost twice his budget though mate, the xperia tab looks excellent apart from the shitty little speaker they have put in it, same as the xperia z phone.

Its funny cause i had the chance of one of these a couple weeks back and i know its sony and all that bang but i went with the ipad mini cause at the time i had my google nexus 7 as much as i loved the machine the ipad toppled it for my portable device.So now im looking for a big device just for home really.
@BIG-HOL yeah i must admit the nexus is a nice little machine mate and did you know theres a new one out now?
New Asus Nexus 7 Tablet PC Shop | Ebuyer.com

Apparently better screen res and more thinner.

In all honesty what made me part with the nexus was the bad reviews for there customer service and ive heard of peoples screens cracking for no reason.

So as much as i loved the device i had my play with it and now i wanna try something new lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
i would scrap the 10" plan and get the new nexus 7 when it goes on sale in a few weeks, iv had a fair few tablets over the years, and the big bulky 10" models are just too much in my opinion, yes you get a nice sized screen, but other than that theres not alot the nexus will differ, in almost every case it will kick the arse off the samsung 10.1 or the xoom, and the lightness and portability makes its so much easier to use and hold for long periods of time. ill be buying 1 when it goes on sale, and ill also be buying the ipad mini 2nd gen if it has a retina display as the ipad mini was in my eyes, the absolute perfectly sized tablet, but could be a few months before thats even mentioned never mind released.

I agree with BIG-HOL. Can't go wrong with the new Nexus 7. 7" tablets are the new hotness.

And the price point on the Nexus 7 is very competitive.

Nexus 10.

Really pleased with mine. Does everything I ask of it.
Battery life
Speed
looks
great speakers
screen res
flagship nexus model at the mo..

list goes on.

Back