whee to put dyndns settings in commando 14.4

davido

Inactive User
Reaction score
just set up again after a couple of years away from the sat scene. just got a dm500 with commando14.4 image installed. could anyone give me directions to install dyndns settings into the image.

Welcome back to the forum mate, nice to see ya posting again, sorry cant help you with the problem but glad to see ya back!

sent from my xplay using tapatalk

Good to be back up and running buddy. Might go back to PLi as i know that image well.

i tried the commando 13 when it 1st come out but couldnt get to grips with it, didnt like it at all, my 500 still has pli on although its sitting in a cupboard doesnt even get used now!

copied this to the dm500 room you will stand more of a chance of an answer there as the ukcvs boys monitor it.

Hi david0! I spotted your post this morning, and asked the rest of the rabble what they knew about this DynDNS thingy you're on about. Truth is, it's not ever been supported in any variety of DM500S Commando so far, coz nobody has ever asked for it...

But positive reactions from Renwich and LraiZer, so we might be able to knock you up a script or plugin to do what you need. Any clues on WHY you need it, please?

@BIG-HOL: Not surprised you couldn't get on with Commando 13, nor could I. Perhaps it's because there never ever was a Commando 13 release, on account that we're all deeply supersticious? LMAO!

Cheers- AL ;)

Any clues on WHY you need it, please?

Cheers- AL ;)

Its needed for educational purposes AL ;)

Although you could just run your dns updater on your pc providing you use your pc most days and your ip doesnt get updated every hour :)

Why not just put it in your router instead;)

Last edited:
Thanks Wiz, and Fergal. So maybe this explains why nobody has ever asked for this feature in FTA Commando yet, on account it can be implemented via the user's PC or Router, if he needs (for educational purposes) to test it? I see...

Cheers- AL ;)

i was thinking about this has he managed to get oscam on it and want to use it as a server commando is a great image but i think with the makers of it not wanting it to be used as a server is about the only let down with the image and is y most use pli but is bye far the best as a cliine image

Thanks for all the input... Ive now gone over to PLi and sorted it that way...

(Fergalsworld) did try it in the router but for some reason it caused the router to play up. It crashed the router a least a couple of times a day... removed it ad it works fine....

it was the same for me when i tryed it on the router but it is quite ease to do on the pc but same as you ive got pli on my sever box

Get yourselves a DD-WRT compatible router, DynDns works well on DD-WRT...

Hey Davido,

Good to see you back m8,

I use DynDNS updater on my PC that monitors and updates as necesary, its aeasy to use free util

Back