WeTek.OpenELEC Official Box

Hi lads,

I bought the openelec version (orange led) and have been playing around with tvheadend and oscam. It is driving me around the bend. Trying to add a simple cline to this this is a nightmare!! Going to throw my hat it I think.

Could ye point me in the right direction to have e2 running on sd card? Will I have to get the E2 remote for this?

If I run E2 on SD card can I run CCcam and add a line easily?

Can I remove openelec completely and just run E2?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Bean

Hi lads,

I bought the openelec version (orange led) and have been playing around with tvheadend and oscam. It is driving me around the bend. Trying to add a simple cline to this this is a nightmare!! Going to throw my hat it I think.

Could ye point me in the right direction to have e2 running on sd card? Will I have to get the E2 remote for this?

If I run E2 on SD card can I run CCcam and add a line easily?

Can I remove openelec completely and just run E2?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Bean

You can run e2 images directly in the nand or on SD.

The e2 remote makes life easier but saying that im not sure how the openelec remote works on E2 mine id the standard version and that was a bit of a pain.

Can you recommend an image I can put on an SD card?

I will try it and if I need to get a remote I will.

So find the Pbnigma image. Download it and then write it to SD card. Place the SD card in the slot on the box and it will then be available in plugins? Or addons?

So I have now put this image on the SD card using Win32DiskImager - [h=1]WeTek PBNIGMA VX-5.1 Image backup by mach1 11.10.2015[/h]
I formatted the SD card with SDFormatter prior to writing the image backup.

How do I access the image on the SD card on the box?

All sorted. Formatted the SD card with SDFormatter and then wrote the .img file to the SD card. Popped it in the box and rebooted and away she went. Loving this image so far but you definitely need the Enigma2 remote. The colour buttons on the OpenElec remote don't work.

Got oscam running and added my cline and channels clearing no problem.

I wasted so much time with tvheadend and oscam and had this sorted in a couple of hours. Ordering the new remote now so will keep you posted on progress.

For future refence a N-Line is really easy in TVGeadend, no need for OSCam just open CAs and enter the daetails

Managed to download an app from the play store for the moment for the remote. I have ordered the one from Wetek.

Installed Crossepg and configured it to save to SD card but I don't think it's likes the idea of saving to that. When I run it it runs for a couple of seconds and does nothing.

I have attached both and external HDD and a USB stick but they don't appear in the Crossepg config. Should the box not recognize these or do I have to do something else to get the box to recognize either of them?

Installed Crossepg and configured it to save to SD card but I don't think it's likes the idea of saving to that. When I run it it runs for a couple of seconds and does nothing.

I have noticed mine started doing the same last week after running perfectly for months,reinstall did not help so i have switched to the xmltv importer option instead,and thats working fine

Problem is that they make E2 changes and blame the plugins.

Havent heard anybody blaming tbh,normally would hunt around till I figure it out but just dont have the time now unfortunately,

I would say its a wetek problem though as CrossEPG is still going strong on my sat box :)

Back