New box advice

2 years old thread I know but any box recommended in 2022 ?
I have my Sony tv connected to an old sKy dish but The Epg is crap for FTA and sorting channels is chore. Was looking at the freesat UHD box but they seem expensive for just freesat.
I get a better picture on tv from the sat tuner over the Freeview. Freeview breaks up and total loss of signal when we get high pressure/ good weather and I'm only couple of miles from transmitter.
So a sat box + is what I'm after.
Any suggestions ?
Thanks

What type of aerial in use as freeview should be good should it not , any signal level to check on ??

I had a freeview ariel fitted a few years ago, correct type for transmitter but every summer it's the same, good weather bad picture.
signal level 94% (today)
Dunno if it's my old eyes but Freesat picture always seems better ?

I had a freeview ariel fitted a few years ago, correct type for transmitter but every summer it's the same, good weather bad picture.
signal level 94% (today)
Dunno if it's my old eyes but Freesat picture always seems better ?
If the picture breaks up in good weather and you say you have a good aerial and close to the transmitter, I would say you could be getting too much signal. Try attenuating the signal by shorting a strand or 2 of the shield to the core on the aerial wire. A proper attenuator would be better but this may work at least for a test.

Back