WeTek.OpenELEC Official Box

Agrafo

Inactive User
Reaction score
OpenELEC launched today they're new box...

WeTek.OpenELEC Box!

" The full power of OpenELEC
WeTek OpenELEC is a box dedicated to Kodi with OpenELEC pre-installed that gives you access to IPTV services with the extra of being compatible with modular DVB tuners."

This is a limited edition that costs 99€/109.00$

WeTek.OpenELEC comes with OpenELEC installed on the NAND, but with a mSD card you can install OpenATV

This is a great box!
With one of the most powerfull systems ever!

Saw this on another forum!

Awesome!

For what I read and understood, it's a exclusive model for openelec.
But it seems the same of Wetek play

Only with new led

Wetek is no selling this device.
Only openelec

You buy it though the OpenElec shop, but it is shipped by Wetek, got mine yesterday.

From what I understand the hardware is identical except the LED and the remote.

Very happy everything working except sky HD channels, but I knew that they would not work so not an issue.

Sorry to bump this thread but its relevant,I think lol

Can you run Enigma2 images on the OpenElec wetek box,info seems to be thin on the ground,presumably it would run from the sd card as I think OpenELEC is in the nand

Sorry to bump this thread but its relevant,I think lol

Can you run Enigma2 images on the OpenElec wetek box,info seems to be thin on the ground,presumably it would run from the sd card as I think OpenELEC is in the nand

Yes mate OpenATV and PBnigma to name a couple.

You could run the e2 in nand or sd or Openelec in nand and E2 on sd

Yes mate OpenATV and PBnigma to name a couple.

You could run the e2 in nand or sd or Openelec in nand and E2 on sd

So can I just treat it as a Wetek Play then?

Is it better to use an Enigma2 image or use the TvHeadend in Kodi for general 28.2e viewing,is it easy to switch from one to the other or are you talking a reboot?

Cheers for the info m8

So can I just treat it as a Wetek Play then?

Is it better to use an Enigma2 image or use the TvHeadend in Kodi for general 28.2e viewing,is it easy to switch from one to the other or are you talking a reboot?

Cheers for the info m8

The Wetek play is the box to run both e2 and kodi/openelec/

Tvheadend will drive you round the bend i just about mastered it when the e2 images came out at that point i went with Openelec in the nand and e2 on sd.

You can now run PBnigma that can switch to proper Openelec through the plugin menu so ive now settled for that to save powering down to put the e2 sd card in.

What the play really needs is a multiboot app to switch between the 3 Android,Openelec or E2 despite many users requesting this its not yet happended.

I have TV headend working perfectly, took a bit of research and learning but I had not touched a box for 7 years.

The nice thing about TVheaded is that you can bewatching a movie on Genesis on the wetek in the livining room and someone else can be watching Live TV on another Kodi device through TV Headend.

I know that there are E2 Clients in Kodi so you should be able to share the connection (not sure how well the E2 client works) but to use it I am pretty sure the wetek has to be in E2 mode not Kodi.

You can now run PBnigma that can switch to proper Openelec through the plugin menu so ive now settled for that to save powering down to put the e2 sd card in.

Hiya Mate,

I have been trying out the OpenATV image, but the remote is doing my head in. Have not tried PB as I have OpenATV on my VU's.

I've ordered an E2 remote, but was wondering have you been able to use the original wetek openelec remote with E2, I couldn't get the colour buttons working, even when trying the different configs in the setup menu? I read that the only way was to use the WebIF remote, which is a pia.

wetek.openelec remote
OE_Remote.png

wetek E2 remote
558bfb08-aff8-46be-949f-69ea25fc7e5d-wetekplayenigmarcu-preview.jpg

Hi mate

The top remote is openelec only i never got that remote it was a much smaller oval shaped remote so im afraid ill me of no use.

I now have the E2 remote that works a trest but its a bit clunky.

Hi mate

The top remote is openelec only i never got that remote it was a much smaller oval shaped remote so im afraid ill me of no use.

I now have the E2 remote that works a trest but its a bit clunky.

Oh, you must have the wetek.play blue led and air mouse, and I have the wetek.openelec with orange led and an android remote.

The E2 remote was less than £8 delivered, just itching to get E2 running with Openelec as a plugin, what a great little box!

It seems to be quicker than my Solo2, but have not been able to try it out properly yet. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Just went to download PBEnigma and noticed this! :) Time to test.

WeTekPlay PBNIGMA VX 5.1. SDcard 15.12.2015

FEHLER 404 - Nicht gefunden!

EDIT 15.12.15

- new ELEC RC only keymap from HWtest (check in Setup-System->Keymap)

- recording led fix

- recording/playback reworked

- feeds updated with stuff based on latest kernel

- other feeds updated

Oh, you must have the wetek.play blue led and air mouse, and I have the wetek.openelec with orange led and an android remote.

The E2 remote was less than £8 delivered, just itching to get E2 running with Openelec as a plugin, what a great little box!

It seems to be quicker than my Solo2, but have not been able to try it out properly yet. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Just went to download PBEnigma and noticed this! :) Time to test.

Lol something to have a play with then .

You can now run PBnigma that can switch to proper Openelec through the plugin menu so i've now settled for that to save powering down to put the e2 sd card in.

Just to clarify this m8 please,you can boot to the OpenElec on the nand from the E2 on the SD Card,but can you go the other way without rebooting?

Just to clarify this m8 please,you can boot to the OpenElec on the nand from the E2 on the SD Card,but can you go the other way without rebooting?

If you run pbnigma on sd card it has built in Openelec on the image you switch to it via the plugion menu it works well.

To boot to anything in the nand you would have to power down eject the sd card and power on this will boot whatever you have in the nand.

If you run pbnigma on sd card it has built in Openelec on the image you switch to it via the plugion menu it works well.

To boot to anything in the nand you would have to power down eject the sd card and power on this will boot whatever you have in the nand.

Ah ok so you are running Openelec from the E2 image itself and not switching to the nand,might give TVheadend a try so lol,can you run sealions etc in tvheadend or is it FTA only?

Ah ok so you are running Openelec from the E2 image itself and not switching to the nand,might give TVheadend a try so lol,can you run sealions etc in tvheadend or is it FTA only?

Tvheadend and mytheater in android can run oscam mate so yeah.

Tvheadend and mytheater in android can run oscam mate so yeah.

Ok so to update this,

I tried both Tvheadend and wetek theatre,both work fine but not exactly family friendly,finally settled on your original suggestion of OpenElec on nand and PBEnigma2 on SD Card,works a treat :)

Ok so to update this,

I tried both Tvheadend and wetek theatre,both work fine but not exactly family friendly,finally settled on your original suggestion of OpenElec on nand and PBEnigma2 on SD Card,works a treat :)

Not bad for the money are they @wiz569

Getting better all the time too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back