What iptv box?

AJT

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all I’m looking for a good dedicated box for IPTV.
I have tried mag box 256 but not impressed I use enigma 2 at present but is crap at handling iptv.
I want a good spec box that can also record iptv no problem and have epg of course..
Been looking online for days and days and all boxes look and sound good from a sellers prospective but I would like to hear from the actual box users..the box used and platform for watching and recording iptv.
Would be nice to have a iptv box list with pros and cons etc....NO server talk..
I’m sure this would be very useful to other members also.

Anyone got any thoughts on this box.? Maxytec 5G plus.

Maxytec 5G Plus IPTV Android / Linux Media Player, H.265 HEVC, WIFI, Kodi XBMC Xtream Stalker Portal Compatible The Maxytec 5G Plus is very compact, but has enough power to play the biggest movies in the highest resolutions. This is made possible by the combination of smooth and sufficient CPU memory, which are built into the device. Android IPTV Box (Linux optional) 3D Support Reception stronger W-Lan Receiver with longer range CPU: Quad Cortex-A53- 64bit GPU: Six-core High Performance GPU Mali450-MP4 Memory: 32-bit DDR3 (2GB) Flash: EMMC 8GB Wi-Fi: dual band wifi, 2.4G / 5G / BT4.0, wifi t1r rate reached 72.2 1Mbps. WiFi antenna outer Network: RJ45 interface 10M / 100M adaptive system OS: Android 5.1 os, Linux system (Optional). Compatible with 3D. Microsoft Windows 8 Video specs: Decoder: H.265 decoding up to 4K × 2K / 30fps HEVC technology, H.264 HP / L5.1 up to 4K × 2K / 30fps HEVC technology Video: SVC, MVC, VC-1 / WMV, AVS, WebM, RMVB, MPEG1 / 2/4, MJPEG, H.263, DivX 3/4/5, Xvid, Real Video, VP6 / 8 Format: MKV, TS, M2TS, MOV, MP4, RM, RMVB, AVI, MPG , MPEG, DAT, VOB, FLV etc. Video Modes: 3840 * 2160,1080i, 1080p, 720p, 576p, 480 ?, PAL, NTSC Audio specs: + Audio: MPEG 1/2, Audio Layer 1/2 / 3, WMA version 4 / 4.1 / 7/8/9, WMA Pro, LPCM, PCM, Vorbis, Flac, ALAC, APE, AAC-LC / HEAAC / HE-AAC v2, Dolby Digital plus (optional), DTS (optional ), Format: MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, M4A, MP4, AAC, APE, FLAC, ALAC, MPEG, MP1, MP2, MPA etc. IPTV Specification: API: JS Linux API Network (portal) protocol support. Streaming: RTSP, HTTP, HLS, RTMP, MMS, RTP, UDP, IGMP, PVR: Record the IPTV stream media, Vod: RTSP, HTTP, HLS, RTMP, MMS, RTP, UDP, IGMP, Remote Control: Play, Stop , Fast forward, almost rewind, forward, backward, flying squirrels, learning, etc. interface: DC-5V 2000ma (VDE, Xterra, BS) USB USB * 2 HOST function WIFI Antenna AV Mini CVBS-1, Audio-L / R + S / PDIF Digital Audio RJ-45 100M Ethernet

Xtrend et 8500 is a beast and does the lot
Cheers mate but not wanting anything E2.
Probably be getting that Maxytec 5g plus...runs stalker/Linux if you want and android..looks good..

Not great as an android box mate, memory low and Android version very out of date

Reactions: AJT
i got nvidea shield not looked at iptv on it yet though

Could it of been a clone ?
I don’t think so had the informer hologram everything seemed correct..the regular portal for iptv worked okay though..
Only had a 24 hr test but was fine.

Look on the infomir home page for genuine retailers,Nearly all on the bay are clones

I find the biggest problem is that you research what you think is a good box only to find bad reviews..
I did like the mag 256 maybe try another type of mag 410 maybe..also I could do with a good stalker sub that won’t constantly let me down..my supplier gave me a test for stalker as I have multi room/device sub for e2 from them but no recording or epg..And I really want to be able to record..

Just purchased a Formuler S mini,Decided to go with this box as it runs both iptv and satellite and runs android 7 and mytvonline which is stalker and Xtream codes etc compatible..will give it a good test see what it’s ahout...get some test portals and try out the mytvonline that most seem to love.
Was also looking at the Dreamlink T1 plus and the Maxytec boxes..both though only run android 4.4 and would have some compatibility with new update apps I felt.

Mag just kept freezing and locking up especially on inner portal and got real hot..maybe just a one off thing but I weren’t happy and returned it.

Hi m8. I've played with most iptv devices. I love the firsestick and smart iptv. Works flawlessly and if you know what your doing then you can add in apps like terrarium. The mag box does exactly what it says on the tin. Plays iptv. I found them to work brilliant. I only prefer the firsestick as I can put more stuff on it. The mag box only plays what your server serves.

Just purchased a Formuler S mini,Decided to go with this box as it runs both iptv and satellite and runs android 7 and mytvonline which is stalker and Xtream codes etc compatible..will give it a good test see what it’s ahout...get some test portals and try out the mytvonline that most seem to love.
Was also looking at the Dreamlink T1 plus and the Maxytec boxes..both though only run android 4.4 and would have some compatibility with new update apps I felt.

I was going to suggest a Formuler - not because I personally have much experience (I do have one, I just don't use it that much!) but one of our local IPTV suppliers swears by them, having recently dumped MAG's.

Back