Weird problem with HD6000

Frank Zapper

Inactive User
Reaction score
For some reason I cannot scan some frequencies on 13E and those that I can scan come up with different channels than should be on that frequency. My first thought was that I was on the wrong satellite which would be strange as I am using USALS and the other sats appear to be OK. However there are some frequencies scanning OK and the channels are correct so I am on the right satellite.

I have deleted all channels and have done a blind scan but the same problem persists - any suggestions?

Can you give an example of an affected frequency together will what should appear and what actually does appear

Will do when I next getva chance to spend time playing with the box

OK I am trying to scan Sky Italia - 11075V (MTV) - No signal

11278V, should get Eurosport but I get JSC Sports 1-4 Global and news - these should be on 11296V

11355V Comedy Central Discovery etc I get Italia 1 Boing, Rete 4 .... should be on 11432V

11541 no signal

11727 - adult channels, I get C+ Poland, Ale Kino Kuchnia etc Channels that are supposed to be on freq 10892H

11785H AXN Nat Geo Fox, Fox Crime etc I get Nova and channels that are supposed to be on 10930H

My son has just got out of bed and is watching cartoons so have not been able to investigate further.

I can't see any pattern here, and so far the problem only appears to be on 13E, though I am still setting up the box from new

I haven't had a chance to check yet but it may be worth having a look at your LNB settings for 13E.
It should be Universal.
I'm not that familiar with the 6000HD - and it should be set to Universal as default - but I can get very weird results on a 7000HD if I change the LNB type to e.g. Wideband/Ku Band10600/Ku Band 10750 etc.

There is no Universal setting but it is set on 9750/10600 as per all the other satellites. I am considering a repatch now as I am running out of ideas

Hi mate I've just scanned 11278 v sr 27500 and I get 28 TV channels.
I get the Eurosport HD channels and all the ESP HD channels Canal Sport HD and so on.
No sign of JSC channels.
I recommend that you do a manual search press menu- manual scan-ok-enter the frequency/symbol rate/polarity set NIT to OFF press green. You know when entering tp's by hand it's so easy to transpose the numbers that make up the frequency, I know I do it all the time.
Get back if you still have problems.

Hi Jimmi I appreciate what you are saying but I have been manully scanning each sat for the tp's and have manually scanned the various frequncies on 13e many times with always the same result. I have also checked by highlighting the channel after pressing the ok button and checking the frequency shown on the bottom of the screen
I have come to the conclusion it mut be the box. I have wondered if I should jut delete the sat and start again or justvtry a reptch. Trouble Is finding the tme to get the tv to myself to try.

Actually Jimi do you know if the bug could be carried in the channel list? I am worried that by saving my channel list prior to repatching I will just re-introduce it again when I reload the channel list

If you have exceeded the maximum channel capacity there could be a problem, are you using USALS I could send you my channel list for testing. One other possibility is a faulty LNB, these can give very confusing symptoms.
For example a friend of mine complained he could get every satellite except Sirius 5e. I went to his farm not believing him and as his dish is on a low wall I checked it out and he was right. Then I noticed a very faint crack in the LNB casing so I replaced it for him, hey presto 5E good and strong!! Rain had been seeping into the LNB and the only effect was the loss of 5E all other sats were fine. Just goes to show.

I intend to change the lnb as I hsve bought one for that purpose but it is not easy to get to so haven't managed it yet. I did use your channel list and then deleted the channels to rescan just the channels I wanted so I would be surprised if I have exceeded the channel limit but it is worth a check

Thanks for pm jimi, my computer may have a virus so may be offline for a bit, am using tablet and havent got all functions available will comeback when feel safe to use computer again

Thanks for pm jimi, my computer may have a virus so may be offline for a bit, am using tablet and havent got all functions available will comeback when feel safe to use computer again

No problem when your ready. Run a scan with AVG or whatever you use.

Hmmm.... for some reason I cannot see my last post or Jimi's reply that I have been notified of -if there is a second page I can't find it.

Jimi - I can't get on the box right now but the signal and quality are plenty. I have a day off tomorrow (school strike so with the nipper) so I may get a chance to do a re-patch. I was hoping to avoid it as I have spent so much time sorting the channels but I think that is where I am at.

Frank Zapper;2351212 I was hoping to avoid it as I have spent so much time sorting the channels but I think that is where I am at.[/QUOTE said:
cant you back up the channel list to a usb stick?.. perform a factory re-set,re-flash fta firmware,factory re-set,re-flash patched firmware,re-enter lat/long then re-upload the channel list. regards mdt

Yes but I am worried it may be the cause of the problem i.e. it may be corrupted (as may the patch) -I will probably back up the channel list, re-patch, reload the channel list and if the problem remains then re-patch again and start from scratch

Well, it took me a while (mainly to get enough spare time to get the TV to myself) anyway the only way round it was to use the 6000 channel editor and download the channels from the 'net - sorted now :xmas:

Back