DVB - PC Cards Watch NTL on PC ..

putting in all 6 files won't matter as it will update either 1 set or the other or both providing the files are working files for your area

the fenrir that i downloaded only hat the fenrir.dll and viaccess.sci files..
whar can i get the full fenrir??

i would just like to thank all the poeple that posted in the thread and offered me help!!!! :Cheers:

also i would like to let thoes poeple know.......

IVE ONLY GONE AND CHUFFIN' DONE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :proud:

once again.......:THANKS:

Well done !

Its just a matter of persevering with this stuff but getting your first decrypted channel makes it all worth while !

i must have downloaded a fenrir upgrade or something.. only 2 files in the .zip..

anyway, thank you once again.. ;)

Right - first things first - forget the technotrend dvb-c 2300
I've had nothing but trouble with mine and as for xp mce - forget it! Vista drivers are probably a pipe dream too - I got one along with the CI interface and find it only works with mytheatre (rubbish UI) and showshifter (good but outdated and doesn't support softcams)
Get a firedtv box or if you're lucky, a floppydtv (google it) - I've got both and would sell the 2300 to anyone offering me the right money
This works with mediaportal, vista, mce and pretty much anything you throw at it.
I'm willing to help in any way i can here but i could do with a bit of help myself

My cam is a Xcam premium - i dont use a mosc or funcard to do the keys - instead i write them to block 14 of the card which works a treat but means no AU - manual keys only
~I get the keys by using mytheatre / fenrir / yankse to update then rewriting the cam in a pcmcia slot with the relevant software (just open up the nagra.key file from the plugins folder and copy / paste keys into the softcam.key file)

Since the last keychange on friday fenrir has been screwed! thats the problem ive got at the minute

could someone help me by pointing out how to get an updated rom10 from a dbox file - im clueless when it comes to this side of things lol
also, any help using an AU card inserted into the cam would be fab as doing the keys manually can be a pain sometimes!!

if anyone wants the transponder list for exc&w then i can send it (providing its ok with admin)

Right - first things first - forget the technotrend dvb-c 2300
I've had nothing but trouble with mine and as for xp mce - forget it! Vista drivers are probably a pipe dream too - I got one along with the CI interface and find it only works with mytheatre (rubbish UI) and showshifter (good but outdated and doesn't support softcams)
Get a firedtv box or if you're lucky, a floppydtv (google it) - I've got both and would sell the 2300 to anyone offering me the right money
This works with mediaportal, vista, mce and pretty much anything you throw at it.
I'm willing to help in any way i can here but i could do with a bit of help myself

My cam is a Xcam premium - i dont use a mosc or funcard to do the keys - instead i write them to block 14 of the card which works a treat but means no AU - manual keys only
~I get the keys by using mytheatre / fenrir / yankse to update then rewriting the cam in a pcmcia slot with the relevant software (just open up the nagra.key file from the plugins folder and copy / paste keys into the softcam.key file)

Since the last keychange on friday fenrir has been screwed! thats the problem ive got at the minute

could someone help me by pointing out how to get an updated rom10 from a dbox file - im clueless when it comes to this side of things lol
also, any help using an AU card inserted into the cam would be fab as doing the keys manually can be a pain sometimes!!

if anyone wants the transponder list for exc&w then i can send it (providing its ok with admin)

nice first post , i have a 2100 using mytheatre and mce remote , au's perfectly and the remote works well with osd u wouldnt realise ur using a pc so i strongly disagree with ur 1st post ... lol

PIJ

Look back a few months !

The keyroll method they have reverted to has been used before so their should be modified Rom10 images available for Fenrir or at least instructions on how its done.

You need to modify the Rom10.bin file so that the MAP call is handled properly.

Dont know why your hardware CAM isn't full AU. If you are using a Nagra compatible CAM then it should be just plug and play when using a standard Mosc card (dont think Fun/ATMega will work - timing problems). Maybe your application isn't handling the CAM hardware properly. Which CAM are you using ?

sorry, my bad, didn't mean to make waves - i want to help here

PIJ - sorry if you disagree but I'm only offering my advice and in my opinion the firedtv is the superior card. I got full Mediaportal, MCE, vista and hd support since swapping from the 2300. Technotrends support for this card isn't the best. If I was to go back to square one knowing what I know now I would ditch the 2300. The 2100 on the other hand is a whole different kettle of fish and as rare as hens teeth. I'd also be tempted to get the 1500 before the 2300 purely for mediaportal support.

Nozzer - I'm currently using an xcam premium without a mosc, tried a funcard but there was no go there - CI never recognised it. I've never tried a card before as I was always led 2 believe that manually entering the keys was the only way to do it. I've been writing the softcam.key file with the new keys to block 14 since day one.

Would any mosc with a random boxkey/ird do the trick or do they need to be specially programmed for the CAM?
Atlternatively, could the cam not be programmed to AU without a card?
Failing this, how would I find out how to edit the rom 10 in FENRIR?

Key problem

Anyone offer any help I have messed about for ages with the nagakey.txt and nagra.key file and to no avail, I am with NTHell... files attached, anyone spot what is wrong would be much appreciated

Cheers

Nagrakey.txt

[5401 - NTHell Digital Cable]
Universal:
N1[2]=25AA699AAB2A0A03B3D2991741D01DC241C27A927A0E99001EDF6BD7F097BD677DC941EAE9258C5B01404DB895E3503D88070770EF5286863DA9BB3ECCF814B9
E1[2]=B36D3B388114B52A399072D00B641E4A2FE4CC10B560FF93FE7186EB92FB9B765286D646F1C3B2E7008033D063428BD35A5AAF4A4A3704AFD370D2298850637B
N2[0]=0949B1739A01612535BCE1FD0D360A1CD698A9BC08781B433A10DCE193E5EFA84D2E4298E16CAC22BFD87BA0F11EA441224F5E993E4F8B16DD2588F10278B8B5
VK[0]=D476071286086F1B
ROM10:
N2[1]=5395ABEB068C52CF8406A04646C3185B94721588470C08F524AE5F82B1EE57B8286DEF9E0FAF097C1AE10A5C204C32A07C8AB4EF2B9FC0D8344D871DACC4E8BF
ROM11:
N1[0]=
E1[0]=
N1[1]=
E1[1]=
N1[2]=
E1[2]=
N2[1]=
VK[1]=

Nagra.key

;Nagra-Key-File written by Fenrir
;
;
IDENT : 5401 NTHell
SA : 000001
00 **************
01 **************

Last edited by a moderator:
im sure this has been posted before but heres a copy of my plugins directory

PIJ

I think you'll find that fenrir won't be grabbing the new keys till someone fixes the rom10 image - it needs editing to handle new map calls. Not my strong point lol!
I'll upload my plugins folder too but fenrir won't lock onto the keys for me - I'm excw so it may be different for you.
Just get the keys and manually add then to the softcam.key relevant to your provider - it'll work then.

Hi

I am actually with NTL (no ex CW) so I was looking for the 5401 codes (the previous attached only held 5C01 codes (ex cw). None of the attachments worked though they did help me figure out my slight formatting problem in the nagrakey.txt file.

All working now! Here is my plugins for anyone who needs it.

Cheers

Well what dya know!
After a bit of editing I got this one working in excw - just copy / paste to your plugins folder

the file i posted works perfectly on tw , sorry should have said that before

PIJ

There you go - all three providers catered for - just put the files into your plugin folder and bobs yer uncle lol!
Maybe these should be put in the downloads section?

OK if I think I have this right all I need to do, is buy the card download 2 peices of software and one of the files above, and thats it - sounds too simple.

For the people that have it working with MCE can the let us know how, please.

That would work.......................kinda

But it won't work in MCE as is - you WILL need a CI card

Or theres this

http://www.firedtv.co.uk/OnlineShop/tabid/425/List/1/ProductID/34/Default.aspx

It has the CI onboard which you will need for MCE use

To be honest though I would use Mediaportal with an official MCE remote.
Full green button support and much better than the M$ offering in my opinion plus its 100% free : multi :

Oh, you're going to need a CAM for MCE or Mediaportal

http://www.firedtv.co.uk/OnlineShop/tabid/425/List/1/CategoryID/11/Level/a/Default.aspx
There are also some CAMS on the dvbshop website too - I use the xcam premium to great effect

Just grab the latest keys with fenrir, put them into the relevant softcam.key file for your provider and write them to block 14 of the cam via pcmcia.
You should be able to use an AU mosc too but I have no idea about how to do it. Anyone gonna help out with this bit?

Back