DVB - PC Cards Watch NTL on PC ..

managed to get hold of a services file, although not from my area.. Ive copied a few of the frequencies into the scan part of MyTheatre...

it seems to have found quite a few chans but i can see them and some of the give this error...

Error: There is no audio track

anyone any ideas??

this is a pain in the arse to set up.....

anyway im back with progdvb, as this is the only thing that shows the picture correctly.

scanned a few freq's and now have a few chans... however i could still do with a services file for the 41048 area... if anyone could help? :Cheers:

ok, thanks to roasted3, ive now managed to scan for all the chans in my area - 41048... i think i have anyway..:proud:

now time to setup fenrir or yankes.. or both.. but beware cos i havent got a clue

any help would be appreciated :) :Cheers:

To start with ignore Fenrir. Start with getting Yankse working.

Just dump the Yankse files into your plugins directory and it should be pretty much set. The only other thing you will need to do is manually enter the present keys into the keyfile and then you should be able to get pictures :)

In your application you should be able to find the plugin in one of the drop down menus. Just enable it !

manually enter the present keys into the keyfile <---

is that the SoftCam.key.used file??

Last edited:
@nozzer: sussed yankse my... my head is fit to burst mind you!!.. searched for the last 24hrs for this..

i found the softcam.key layout..

N (Provider) 00 keys
N (Provider) 01 keys

:proud: :proud:

lol, after 24 hours of searching around you should be pretty savvy with Yankse now. I know who to ask next time there is a problem :)

Right, before you go any further i'd be inclined to run in manual mode for a couple of days just to make sure there are no problems. Now you know how changing the keys shouldn't be much of a problem for you.

When you are ready to proceed Fenrir is very similar to setup to Yankse - just a little more complex on key entry. If you can its probably easier to find a Fenrir keyfile that is already setup with the appropriate keys for your provider but if you cant then putting them in isn't too difficult.

A slight complication is that Fenrir doesn't handle the latest keyroll methods so you have to make sure you disable Rom11 emulation (delete the Rom11.bin file) and either disable Rom10 emulation (delete Rom10.bin) or replace the Rom10.bin with a modified version.

Once you've sorted that you should be able to enable the plugin from your application and then monitor the keyroll Emm's being decrypted. The new keys should be automatically written to the Yankse working key file and you should have AU :)

Last edited:
lol i doubt it :)

right... ive read something about .kid files.. and a 6 in 1 download.. do i need them??

Are you using Progdvb? Are you NTHELL
Personally I use MyTheatre, and am pure NTHELL, running a Technotrend Budget C-1500 and it updates fine using Yanksee and fenrir, I'm not sure how it all work's, as I usually just stumble along until I get it working. I have just reinstalled Progdvb and copied all files (excluding keys) from MyTheatre/plugins to Progdvb/plugins and within a minute, Progdvb updated keys. Not sure if I'm allowed to upload files or not, will reread rules and will repost. If allowed I will upload my complete plugins directory, but you may have to find certain files specific to your area, ie:- rom10, nagrakey.txt.

Last edited:
Files added here
You will need to source your own rom files and NagraKey.txt files for your area.

Hope it helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not 100% sure, but I think that they're different files to what you'd use for an nthell box.
File Sizes are

EEP10.bin = 8KB
ram10.bin = 1KB
ROM10.bin = 25KB

EEP7.bin = 4KB
ram7.bin = 1KB
ROM7.bin = 16KB

I don't know if rom11 files work, or even if there are any rom11 files.

Files on the dbox are

nagraepr10.bin rename to EEP10.bin
nagraram10.bin rename to ram10.bin
nagrarom10.bin rename to ROM10.bin

nagraepr7.bin rename to EEP7.bin
nagraram7.bin rename to ram7.bin
nagrarom7.bin rename to ROM7.bin

What area are you?

The only file you should really need to worry about is the keys file. This holds Emm keys for each provider. If your providers keys are already in the file then you should be ok otherwise you will have to add them. Changing EEprom files etc should be unnecessary except perhaps for removing the "Rom11.bin" file and replacing the "Rom10.bin" file to handle the new keyroll types.

Other than that, the files that come with the full Fenrir package should be adequate to the job.

Back