DVB - PC Cards Watch NTL on PC ..

sounds like i will need it, but i also read, that you can run mytheatre or something to do all the work in background and then media portal can use that to display it?

thanks for your advice may just have to stick with the easier option in the end but will def have a bash at it!

sounds like i will need it, but i also read, that you can run mytheatre or something to do all the work in background and then media portal can use that to display it?

thanks for your advice may just have to stick with the easier option in the end but will def have a bash at it!

the first card i had was the tt2100 which is the previous version of the 2300, never worked with mediaportal as i couldn't get the application to see the card. works ok with mytheatre, ritzdvb.

strange but the budget card with bda driver support works but when i was looking there was no support for the more expensive premium cards.

purely from my experience (i've never used the tt1500c) iwould go for the floppydtv which seems to work with all applications and more importantly with mce 2005 and vista, pretty much plug & play....downside pretty expensive and unlikely to find them on uk e*bay.

cheers

DAMN your avatar is hot!!

great okay so am i looking for "floppydtv" or is there a model number or name? is this card hardware decoder n is it hdtv

so have you got media centre to work with your card and decrypt the cable?

cos if thats poss that would be perfect as my bro can get hold of that for me n load it with vista or even on my xp

thanks m8

cheers!

great okay so am i looking for "floppydtv" or is there a model number or name? is this card hardware decoder n is it hdtv!

i should be on commission the number of times i've posted this, lol

h**p://www.digital-everywhere.com/shop/index.php?page=artikel&pkateg=19&PHPSESSID=dce71bf 865df43fe045b75a5cc80727d

there's only bbc hd preview but it works

so have you got media centre to work with your card and decrypt the cable?

yes with hardcam & card....plenty of posts explaining

cheers

Last edited:
HAHA your too fast
just been on the website n seen the info, n was gonna say it looks good but my m/c might struggle as it is only a p4 2.4, so may have to invest in a bigga cpu!!

cos i like the idea of having a card which is compatible with a range of software

are the posts here if so ill start swatting up

cheers again m8!!

are the posts here if so ill start swatting up

cheers again m8!!

yes most of the posts and info are on here as far as the hardcam goes and setting up the dvb card, u may need to have a look at the cable section to see how to flash an image to the type of smartcard you choose.

if u get stuck though there's plenty of people on here who will help.

good luck

Thanks m8 realy appreciate it!!

no doubt i will be taking you up on the offer of help! LOL

regards
mudd

Ouch just worked out the cost of a floppydtv card! and they are rare as rocking horse ....,

i have seen the twinhan card which was a link in this thread that looks to be good and similar to the floppydtv (in respect that it utilises software fore coding and has a ci slot and is hdtv ready), also the tt1500 seems to be able to do mce would the twinhan?

i would prefer using softcam as i am not the techie to start getting a programmer n cam n flash card

if the cards mentioned above even work with media portal that would be ok

any help or opinions on the cards much appreciated
Thanks

Ouch just worked out the cost of a floppydtv card! and they are rare as rocking horse ....,

i have seen the twinhan card which was a link in this thread that looks to be good and similar to the floppydtv (in respect that it utilises software fore coding and has a ci slot and is hdtv ready), also the tt1500 seems to be able to do mce would the twinhan?

i never used any of these but on this forum initially the twinham seemed a popular choice but then people had issues with them, especially using a hardcam, something in the future u may want to try, therefore, now the budget c-1500 seems to be the popular choice.

but i'm sure someone(s) who has used these cards will advise.

the hd version just supplies u the necssary codec which u can d/l of the internet.

cheers

There are two versions of the twinhan card, I have the 2031 which has a ci slot but will not work with my cam but if you look on there website they now have a new version with an add on card much like the tt but i cannot comment on these, also i beleive the only card that will work in mce is the dvb-s with fake dvb-t driver.

My card works fine with almost all software, progdvb is a bit buggy but i have it working with dvbsbridge and mce at the minute but i get the occasional time when probdvb crashes but a quick restart of the dvbsbridge service cures this!

Thanks alot guys, so would the tt 1500 be the best budget card to buy that you could make work with mce, and the ci slot like neathdrew said may come in handy in the future, charlieram do you think the newer version would run more reliably? i think i will go for one of these cards but if soeone has used the 1500 or the new twinhan with mce or mediaplayer any info on there experiance would be much appreciatd, i do wish to use a softcam to begin with

thanks guys!

Ritz Is The Only One That Works.i Should Know My Technotrend Cards Been Working For About 4 Years.

Girder Is One Of The Best Remote Software With The Igor Plugin For Ritz

Cheers m8!

i have had pay day n now NEED to buy the card

so which will it be? i have seen the TT budget 1500c with remote etc on dvbshop ebay for £37 + 14 euro for delivery, or should i go for the twinhan card?

i suppose the main thing is eaze of use with softcam n good quality smooth image and being able to get it to work with media portal!

HELP PLEASE!

Cheers

Hi

managed to get hold of a TT1500 from spain, loaded up my theatre put in plugins, tried a couple of frequencies 370750 64qam 6925 got me itv and ch4 worked fine, so yesterday got all nec files to do media portal but it wouldnt lock, it just is now scanning for new radio n tv channs but it just stay there on locking and the progress bar was not moving, i had tried it before n it did go through the process at work i.e trying to tune

went backon to mytheatre itv was stutring and freezing which it wasnt doing the first day i tried it

is it poss that loading the tt viewer and my theatre and mrdi portal has caused some sort of conflict?

i tried my stb works ok no stutrin

went into eng menu

it says signal ok, snr ok,data ok, data ok, and locked all on a green bar

agc tuner90%, agc if 43%,snr est 33.3dB,

both my dbox2 and orig n*l boxes work fine and so does my cable modem
any ideas?

thanks
mudasser

Back