vu+solo2 se

how to flash a image
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi anyone have the plugin feeds files from build 57 apollo onwards for solo 2 , thanks

build 24, anything higher just stays blank , was looking to ftp plugin feed files from build 55+ to it, as they will stop under 55+ build

I think I'm still running Helios. Need to update it.

I would love to get the latest hbb tv plugin as the new YouTube app now runs much faster

build 24, anything higher just stays blank , was looking to ftp plugin feed files from build 55+ to it, as they will stop under 55+ build

Hi Lombard try this 1 , ftp it over to ect and replace it with the opkg file there

Mick

Attachments

• vu solo2 opkg.rar
    1.6 KB · Views: 21
just bumping this i reflashed my box solo 2 v4 back to the openvix apollo 29 from the vu-hd site then i installed the tspanel by talnet the one i posted page or two back,then when this was installed started tspanel goto addons the goto linuxs@t addons then goto dependencies install libxslt_1.1.28-ro & python-beautifulsoup_4.3.2-r0 & python-dnspython_1.10.0-r1.0 & python-lxml_3.0.2-r0.0 & python-pycrypto_2.5-r6 & python-simplejson_2.2.1-r1.0 each time pressing the ok button when installing these not restarting the box ,then when all done restart your box , then goto tspanel addons linuxs@t then plugins-iptv and streaming there you can install tsmedia 7.5 full and ondemand open pli this one is working perfect with the radio plugin working aswell and has the same layout as the vix one and you can install what ever you need this method working on openvix solo 2se from vu-hd site aswell and i i,ve been running this image for the last 5 days without any green screen or lockups with tspanel installed hope this helps anyone who want to use this image,regards dubliner

Any chance of an idiots guide to flashing a bricked (blue light only) solo2 SE
Seems to be a few different ways using different software (hyperterminal etc)
Struggling to find all the software VU-HD.com has a pdf to download, but nowhere to get the software its says to use (mcu_flash)

thanks in advance

Perfect it works. Not 100% but something it works now. I got a message from my TV regarding the incompatibily of the output format. Here we are NTSC. Maybe the device is configurated to PAL. Here the question.... How can i change it? Is there a combinacion key from the remote control to do that? Thanks for the help

Hello.How You did it.By jtag and did You upload the file SOLO2_BOOTLOADER.dat to the flash via BBS?
I have a solo2mini by lonrisun,I bought it bricked from ebay as not working.I have a connection via jtag and bbs,I can upolad a file vusolo2-flash by jtag.bin but still box is dead.

I also tried with rs232 port.

I downloaded to receiver the file 808.bin via update.exe from folder UPDADE TOOLS_20140905.Folder downloaded from VU+ and X Website --- DownLoads
I done it with succes via orginal rs232 cable which was included with the solo2.

But when I try do next step with hyperterminal I have following message:

Code:
===============================================================================
if you want to download bootloader to flash please press the keyboard 012345

Mcu connect to the flash Failure!
Download Image To the Flash (press '1' to start)

And I cant do anything else after that.On putty is the same.Problem is with "Mcu connect to the flash Failure!"

Any suggestion what I can do else?Please help?

Hello.How You did it.By jtag and did You upload the file SOLO2_BOOTLOADER.dat to the flash via BBS?
I have a solo2mini by lonrisun,I bought it bricked from ebay as not working.I have a connection via jtag and bbs,I can upolad a file vusolo2-flash by jtag.bin but still box is dead.

I also tried with rs232 port.

I downloaded to receiver the file 808.bin via update.exe from folder UPDADE TOOLS_20140905.Folder downloaded from VU+ and X Website --- DownLoads
I done it with succes via orginal rs232 cable which was included with the solo2.

But when I try do next step with hyperterminal I have following message:

Code:
if you want to download bootloader to flash please press the keyboard 012345

Mcu connect to the flash Failure!
Download Image To the Flash (press '1' to start)

And I cant do anything else after that.On putty is the same.Problem is with "Mcu connect to the flash Failure!"

Any suggestion what I can do else?Please help?

is it the SE version ? its meant for SE version not normal solo2 mini

Yes is normal solo2mini from lonrisun.
The recovery procedure is not the same?

Can someone friendly give me a tip how to back to life that box?Actually only circle is on,fan not spinning,usb ports dead.

I have a cypres jtag,I can connect to toshiba flash on board,tried some bootloaders from internet,including,always uploading to flash is succesfull without errors but box still dead,cannot upload any image.

I have also a original rs232 wire,I can use with succes UPDADE TOOLS_20140905,its saying download complete,but box still dead,I tried hyperterminal and upload solo2_bootloader.dat I can do it also if there is message "mcu connect to the flash Failure" but box dead.I have no idea why I have message "mcu connect to the flash Failure".

One good think is I have a connection via jtag and rs232 but no succes after procedures.

If someone can give me a correct procedure how to recover solo2mini....please.

Best regards.

Yes is normal solo2mini from lonrisun.
The recovery procedure is not the same?

Can someone friendly give me a tip how to back to life that box?Actually only circle is on,fan not spinning,usb ports dead.

I have a cypres jtag,I can connect to toshiba flash on board,tried some bootloaders from internet,including,always uploading to flash is succesfull without errors but box still dead,cannot upload any image.

I have also a original rs232 wire,I can use with succes UPDADE TOOLS_20140905,its saying download complete,but box still dead,I tried hyperterminal and upload solo2_bootloader.dat I can do it also if there is message "mcu connect to the flash Failure" but box dead.I have no idea why I have message "mcu connect to the flash Failure".

One good think is I have a connection via jtag and rs232 but no succes after procedures.

If someone can give me a correct procedure how to recover solo2mini....please.

Best regards.

thats why they made SE model for recovery feature , the solo 2 mini think only fix change flash chip

What could happen if I upload to Flash full dump from solo2mini se via jtag?

Today I have installed the socket and then I installed there samsung chip.I can still download the file 808.bin via update.exe with rs232,but on hyperterminal still same error ""Mcu connect to the flash Failure!".I awaiting for programmed toshiba chip anyway,but I have some empty samsung UOC nands,and I think the problem is there is still no tutorial for solo2mini.And mayby as @lombard said,rs232 procedure is on for solo2se.I have a cypress jtag,I can connect it to flash,but I need 100% sure bootloader.Please any tip?Best regards.

For programming flash Solo2 SE via rs232 need a cable with a different pin connections. The cable supplied with the receiver will not work. Null modem cable is also not suitable.
On rs232 receiver involved 7 contacts. 2 - to remove the log, 2 - for programming the chip protection and 2 - for programming the flash. 1 - general.
In solo2 mini used only 5 contacts (1,2,3,5,6). There are no 2 contacts for flash programming.

Last edited:
Back