vu+solo2 se

seem to work? are you sure that i can flash sunray blackhole 2.1.5 without risk of breaking my vu solo2 se? have you test it? just now i have blackhole 2.1.4.
thanks for your help

yes as long its been updated to v4

i bought 2 vu+solo2 se boxes from china in december last year and they came with the latest blackhole image which was 2.13 i emailed the supplier and they told me i can download images from here Vu+ Solo2 Black Hole Images | VuPlus Community so i think all lorisun boxes must be latest v4

yes, i updated to v4
but how can i confirm that is right updated? do you konw if there is any command or option for checking the bootloader version?

well when running v4 update it says completed , there's your answer

i bought 2 vu+solo2 se boxes from china in december last year and they came with the latest blackhole image which was 2.13 i emailed the supplier and they told me i can download images from here Vu+ Solo2 Black Hole Images | VuPlus Community so i think all lorisun boxes must be latest v4

dont think you can run unpatched latest images but aint sure, the sunray images are patched safe

dont think you can run unpatched latest images but aint sure, the sunray images are patched safe

Defiantly do not flash any image that's not patched (clone safe) you will timebomb/brick box straight away.
I know using Sunray solo2 box you can revive box by removing chip and starting over if you flash unpatched image but it's a pain

I know using Sunray solo2 box you can revive box by removing chip and starting over if you flash unpatched image but it's a pain
Remove the actual nand flash chip or the security chip?

I know odd few that have managed to brick box (used vu-hd drivers rather than sunray drivers) and they had to replace nand flash chip and then flash within clone safe image and working again.

Remove the actual nand flash chip or the security chip?

I know odd few that have managed to brick box (used vu-hd drivers rather than sunray drivers) and they had to replace nand flash chip and then flash within clone safe image and working again.

Thats it...I am tempted by the sunray solo2..umm..be nice with a Vix image on it

Last edited:
Thats it...
Isn't just same procedure with a bricked lonrison? ie replace nand flash chip and flash with lonrison clone safe image presumably after using v4 flash update?

Isn't just same procedure with a bricked lonrison? ie replace nand flash chip and flash with lonrison clone safe image presumably after using v4 flash update?

yes but big difference is clip in nand flash in sunray where others you have to be a king of solder as i learnt to my demise

...I am tempted by the sunray solo2..umm..be nice with a Vix image on it
I love my sunray. It's fast, it now has support with latest clone safe images/drivers.

If you're going to get one then get the version that has the nand flash on its own detachable board. I still think you have to replace the actual nand flash itself if bricked rather than the nand flash on the detachable board but it just makes it that little bit easier if need be.

yes but big difference is clip in nand flash in sunray where others you have to be a king of solder as i learnt to my demise
Actually I'm not certain, as I mentioned above, if it's possible to get new nand flash chip itself or nand flash chip on detachable board (or even either)!?!

I love my sunray. It's fast, it now has support with latest clone safe images/drivers.

If you're going to get one then get the version that has the nand flash on its own detachable board. I still think you have to replace the actual nand flash itself if bricked rather than the nand flash on the detachable board but it just makes it that little bit easier if need be.

can you pm me some links to have a look..im on ali now and they all look the same..been a while since i was playing with clones and making images...

well when running v4 update it says completed , there's your answer
Ok, then i have it installed.
The image that i can install in my vu solo2 se is the one called Black Hole 2.1.5-Xbmc-vusolo2-SunRay-ramiMAHER
downloaded from this forum?

The image that i can install in my vu solo2 se is the one called Black Hole 2.1.5-Xbmc-vusolo2-SunRay-ramiMAHER
downloaded from this forum?
No, as that's for Sunray clones hence the title.

At the moment it's not possible to have BH 2.1.5 for Lonrison due to lack of support and the only safe driver being old.

You can use BH 2.1.4 from the download section just make sure it's safe for Lonrison v4 clones.

seem to work? are you sure that i can flash sunray blackhole 2.1.5 without risk of breaking my vu solo2 se? have you test it? just now i have blackhole 2.1.4.
thanks for your help

At the moment it's not possible to have BH 2.1.5 for Lonrison due to lack of support and the only safe driver being old.

You can use BH 2.1.4 from the download section just make sure it's safe for Lonrison v4 clones.
Ok. Thanks.

What means lack of support?
Why lack of support?

Why lack of support?

It's very simple..your box is a clone it does not have any official image team support as its a clone..the only images available are those kindly provided by other users..Blackhole is not supported for your box,nobody is making Blackhole clone safe images for your box meaning it's not well supported it has little or no support...
Choose another image or use what Blackhole clone safe images are available..
That's it I'm afraid,you have to make use of what images are available..find a clone safe image that works safely on your box and stick with it..

Last edited:
It's very simple..your box is a clone it does not have any official image team support as its a clone..the only images available are those kindly provided by other users..Blackhole is not supported for your box,nobody is making Blackhole clone safe images for your box meaning it's not well supported it has little or no support...
Choose another image or use what Blackhole clone safe images are available..
That's it I'm afraid,you have to make use of what images are available..find a clone safe image that works safely on your box and stick with it..
Ok. Thanks

Why lack of support?
As AJT has said lack of support from your clone manufacturer, Lonrison.

The only safe drivers (you need safe drivers otherwise you brick your box) for Lonrison clones are now old and that due to introduction in BH 2.1.5 of new features that require latest drivers for BH to work, means for time being support for Lonrison clones aren't available.

As AJT has said lack of support from your clone manufacturer, Lonrison.

The only safe drivers (you need safe drivers otherwise you brick your box) for Lonrison clones are now old and that due to introduction in BH 2.1.5 of new features that require latest drivers for BH to work, means for time being support for Lonrison clones aren't available.
Ok. I hope that in the future somebody will generate the new drivers.

Back